14 GT500 Value question

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
My post was aimed more @ the " modded " vs unmolested aspect of selling prices.
Roush, Saleen, & SAI are all modded.
I have no idea how an insurance co. views a 2015 SS conversion, is it just like a Roush, viewed as a GT ??
I cannot speak for ALL insurances but since Roush (for example) has a GT vin and is updated after the vin it’s recognized as such. There’s been instances where insurance companies will give you the option to insure on a "stated value" instead of the standard rate based on the VIN. Similar to a lenders viewpoint, if (for example) a customer comes in wanted a Saleen or roush the lender is only loaning the book value of the vin. Often F&I needs to step in for an adjustable amount due to the uniqueness and rarity of it being an aftermarket package /setup with its own vin/build (post factory).

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
I cannot speak for ALL insurances but since Roush (for example) has a GT vin and is updated after the vin it’s recognized as such. There’s been instances where insurance companies will give you the option to insure on a "stated value" instead of the standard rate based on the VIN. Similar to a lenders viewpoint, if (for example) a customer comes in wanted a Saleen or roush the lender is only loaning the book value of the vin. Often F&I needs to step in for an adjustable amount due to the uniqueness and rarity of it being an aftermarket package /setup with its own vin/build (post factory).

Ya, this is where Grundy or Hagerty would come in. No way I'd let some 19 yr old at Allstate attempt to write a policy on a specialty vehicle/book value

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Any insurance co. I've given the VIN to knows right away it isn't a GT.
With an SS conversion, the VIN doesn't change.
So a 2014 GT500 SS conversion, the VIN is a giveaway.
On a 2015 SS conversion, the VIN says GT..

RockChalk

Established Member
You can bet USAA knew right away what we wanted coverage for. I was very surprised that it wasn't bad at all. Must be my advanced old age helping me.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
The ( 2 ) times I contacted USAA, I found their prices over what I was paying @ the time...................Since 2010, when I bought my 11, I shop insurance yearly.
The price increases you get after the 1st year are always,.........." the cost of doing business in N.J. "..

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Please take what you want out of my comment, with as much as you enjoy your car, your doing yourself a great disservice by using USAA. That translates to me that your car is insured for BOOK VALUE. Might be wrong.

I was a USAA member from 1995 to 2013. The only thing they are good for is my car loans I get from them. USAA is swamp invested with their policy's. They use to be good......till they sold out and went mainstream.

If something were to happen catastrophic to your car, I wouldnt expect a good outcome with USAA.

I think this thread is veered of course. Someone start an INSURANCE THREAD for the 13/14 section
You can bet USAA knew right away what we wanted coverage for. I was very surprised that it wasn't bad at all. Must be my advanced old age helping me.

Sent from my SM-G975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
Your 14’ started as a GT500. No issues. Your 15’ started as a GT. SA doesn’t report to insurance companies the vins that they converted over. Hence going back to my previous post, an extra step maybe needed but again it’s not set in stone as to when it’s needed /not.

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
I think this thread is veered of course. Someone start an INSURANCE THREAD for the 13/14 section

Agreed. Honestly though, while this thread took a step aside, it does fall in line with 13/14 values as coverage and payout - it’s informative to be aware of so one can choose their own conclusions so they can hopefully protect themselves and their car. No one likes surprises. Sometimes information is worth repeating. Doesn’t matter the journey, just where you end up :)

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Well since we are addressing values, mines valued and insured @ $65,000. Agreed upon value, not a book value.

If the car is deemed totaled, I receive that payout amount AND I keep the car. Or what's left of it. (not buy back the car from insurance company)

I pray that day never comes, but I did make it in and out unscathed at Mustang Week

Agreed. Honestly though, while this thread took a step aside, it does fall in line with 13/14 values as coverage and payout - it’s informative to be aware of so one can choose their own conclusions so they can hopefully protect themselves and their car. No one likes surprises. Sometimes information is worth repeating. Doesn’t matter the journey, just where you end up :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread