'14 GT500 vs. EVOMS-tuned 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo

Franz

Speed Freak
Established Member
I met up with some car friends yesterday for a drive. It was a pretty good group of about 25 cars in total, with at least 5-6 Lambos, 10-12 Ferraris, and a number of tuned Porsche Turbos, amongst other company. There was even a new ZL1 that showed up, but he was nowhere to be found during the drive.

DSC_3198_zps8fa925b0.jpg

Once we had all driven an hour or so, we arrived at our destination for lunch, but the place looked packed so five of us decided to split off and grab a quick bite somewhere else and then head across the border for some more spirited driving.

DSC_3205_zps07ee7c7f.jpg

The field- my stock '14 GT500, a '13 GT500 w/res. delete, a 2007 997 Turbo with an EVOMS-rated 564 hp/589 tq (crank) EVOMS tune on 91, another 2007 997 Turbo with the full EVOMS EVT620 package (624/602 on 91), and finally a 2012 997.2 Turbo S with the dual-clutch PDK transmission, and another EVOMS package. For those unfamiliar with Evolution Motorsports (EVOMS), they are perhaps the most respected Porsche tuner in the world, and currently hold the Porsche Texas mile and quarter mile records IIRC.

drive511_zpsc4ff6666.jpg

Once we finally had a clean strech of asphalt, I lined up with the first Turbo for a 40-roll. We both started in second and I honked 3. We took off with both cars getting traction quickly (it was 85 degrees out). It was a great run, but I kept inching away for the entire length of it. At just under 160 I had 1.5 cars on him and I shut it down (the Shelby was still pulling though). In fairness to the other two more powerful Turbos, we never had a chance to run. I think the other 2007 could have hung with me, if not pulled a car ahead, but he never wanted to run, despite my best efforts. The 2012 Turbo S would have blown my doors off by at least a bus or two so I'm not too worried about "what-ifs" on that scenario. (Funny part is, that guy has a tuned GT2 also).

Overall, just a great day to get out and have some fun with some seriously fast cars. I think the five of us together were over 3,200 hp! :rockon:

Myfast70

Established Member
I was the DIB in the group and also had a blast on the trip! It was truly some of the most fun driving I've done in the Shelby yet! It also helps when your driving in some good company.

While Franz was playing with the first turbo as mentioned I had a bit of a go with the Turbo S. He certainly pulled on me pretty quickly on the hit by about two cars and slowly away from there. I feel pretty confident that if we had a 13-6 package or similar the results would have been a bit different (providing the traction was there).

Really looking forward to the next cruise to Mexico!

Users who are viewing this thread