14 Shelby or Boss?

Fastfish420

Established Member
Hi Guys just started posting aweek or so ago.I ordered a 14 Shelby acouple weeks ago.But I am also interested in a Boss.I work at a dealer and got a used 13 Boss in the other day and took it out and it is a blast to drive it has the Recaros which I love.Still on the fence if I want to save some money and buy a Boss or stay with the 14 Shelby.I know the magazines and right ups go toward the Boss.

Do any of you guys own both or have had either one?

Like I said I work for a dealer but I work on our Chrysler side not our Ford side so I dont have alot of expierence with Ford..

Thanks

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
depends on if you have the cash for the gt500 and what you are looking to get out of them. theyre both great choices.

the boss is more limited production. lighter car. probably better for road course usage. are you going to actually do that though?

the gt500 has more power and the stock drivetrain can certainly hold more power. you get more goodies with the gt500. the adjustable suspension, massive brakes, dash/gauges goodies, optional glass roof. nav, and more. theyre fully loaded. also muuuuch better looking stock wheels imo.

im not 100% sure but i believe ive read that the boss uses the same trans as the GT which is not the greatest. the gt500 has a stout trans.

Hwy. Chile

Established Member
your should check out the existing threads on this topic in this subforum and also the Boss subforum. And search for posts by dadz500 he's had or has both

Fastfish420

Established Member
I will have to do some searches..

Im a Drag Racer thats the main reason I want the Shelby.I know the Boss is no sloutch also.I own a SRT8 Challenger also which is a different animal.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member

Im a Drag Racer thats the main reason I want the Shelby.I know the Boss is no sloutch also.I own a SRT8 Challenger also which is a different animal.

the boss is quick on the drag strip but id be leary of that trans. the gt500 will also be waaay faster with some minor mods and stickier tires. for drag racing gt500 all the way.

F8l Vnm

Established Member
I been seeing way too many of these Boss vs Shelby threads lately. Don't get me wrong the Boss is bad ass in its own special way but its not even close . Shelby hands mother f'n down , are are kidding?:banana::-D
The 2013 Shelby is in its own class

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The 2013/14 Shelby has the highest horsepower (production) V8 in North America.

If I were to road course race, I would buy a Boss. If I was going to drag race, I would buy the Shelby.

If I was going to just use it as a DD and an occasional WOT, I would get the Shelby. Not much beats the whine of a supercharger!

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
For where the car is going to spend 99.9% of it's time...I'd go with the GT500. I REALLY love all that grunt a mere tickling of the throttle gives you even between just 1-2k rpm.

rancid

Established Member
As mentioned at least 8 different threads on this topic already but I test drove a boss before ordering my 13' Shelby and have 0 regrets (other than trying to sell the car now to get into a new house.)

USV8PWR

Established Member
The Shelby of course, but I am biased. ;) Seriously, I would love to also have a Boss. And I might one day. But after seeing one the other day at my dealer while my car was having a stripe fixed, I am so glad I bought the Shelby. It is a much meaner, more intimaditing, more bad ass car in my opinion.

Fastfish420

Established Member
Thanks for all the replies and I checked out the other threads on the subject and I think im going to stay with my Shelby order!I think its the right car for what I have planned,though the Boss is a cool car and a blast to drive.I would always wonder about the best.

SVTKen

Established Member

I believe you answered your own question. If you are a drag racer, and want the most stout setup you can get from the factory for drag racing, the Shelby is your car. It's got a very strong powertrain and a factory warranty. The Boss would require a lot more mods to get the same kind of reliable power, but then you wouldn't have a warranty, and may break something expensive. The Shelby is ready for mods like a pulley and tune and the Boss would require a supercharger just to get it to the level of a stock Shelby.

If you are a road racer, the Boss is probably a better choice. I test drove one before I decided on the Shelby and it did feel better balanced. The Boss wasn't as intimidating either, but that's just because of the rediculous amount of power that the Shelby has in comparison. It's easier to put your foot to the floor in the Boss without too much drama, whearas the Shelby will squirm around more with equal amount of throttle.

You also get more things that are important for a daily driver with the Shelby like navigation and leather seats, if that's important to you.

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
july 6 i traded my 09 shelby for a boss. great car if you dont want to do anything except road race.very plain car,no sound system,cloth seats,not to mention the mt82! the whole time i had it i wished i had bought the shelby so i went to my dealer dec 15 and had him find me a shelby at a dealer about 120 miles away. worked up a trade and went and got it on dec 16. this is a much nicer car in every way and i couldnt be happier with it. car has every option except glass roof. it is red candy,stripe delete,pp,tp,recaros,nav,shaker,cover,ect. if you can afford it the shelby is the way to go imho

Last edited:

BITDIFFERENTSVT

Established Member
The Shelby of course, but I am biased. ;) Seriously, I would love to also have a Boss. And I might one day. But after seeing one the other day at my dealer while my car was having a stripe fixed, I am so glad I bought the Shelby. It is a much meaner, more intimaditing, more bad ass car in my opinion.

What were you having fixed on the stripe?
Rock chip?

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
I went from a C6 Z06 to my 13 Boss... I have driven several GT500s and IMO coming from the vette they felt like tanks... The Boss is much more nimble is a blast to drive. It's also no slouch at the dragstrip... I ran 11.87 all stock on DR.... I can afford either and I chose the Boss!

Dave G

Established Member
I just traded my 2012 Boss on a 2013 GT500 last friday. The Cobra is an animal...In my opinion it makes the Boss feel like a cheap toy. Don't get me wrong...I absolutely enjoyed having a Boss for a year...car was amazing. But, I Love the GT500...best car I've ever owned hands down. Shelby all the way.

WOT1320

Established Member
I have 2 snakes in my garage. Newest one is a '13 gt500. I was driving through Bossier City last weekend and about broke my neck eyeballing a new Boss. I can obviously have either one, and wish I had the Boss. I will probably get flamed, but I feel the Boss is more fun to drive. Been looking for a used boss the past week now.

Dave G

Established Member
I think the boss is more forgiving but the cobra is a better car with more potential overall. My opinion...drive each one before u commit.

IA Shelby

Established Member
I have 2 snakes in my garage. Newest one is a '13 gt500. I was driving through Bossier City last weekend and about broke my neck eyeballing a new Boss. I can obviously have either one, and wish I had the Boss. I will probably get flamed, but I feel the Boss is more fun to drive. Been looking for a used boss the past week now.

I feel the same. Would like to add a 12LS to my existing snakes (04 and 11).

Users who are viewing this thread