15' Ingot Silver Auto Lapping Daytona this weekend!!

Van@RevanRacing

I depart for Daytona in about an hour and wanted to post up. I'm taking my 2015 GT Auto and I'll be running in the Pro/Instructor Group. I've got a couple of Go Pro's with me and I'll take some video.

I'm going to do the first day bone stock and just learn the paddle shifters.

Day Two: JLT Cold Air Intake and Jon Lund Tune and of course MORE POWER!

Unfortunately they will not be able to turn on the AMB Transponder System for accurate lap times so I'll have to depend on video feed reference from Harry's Lap Timer which is actually very accurate.

Stay tuned.......

Van

Voltwings

Established Member
Interested to see how well those paddles actually work. We recently traded my GFs auto v6 in on a standard since we do some road courses too, but having only driven stick for a month or 2 shes really struggling with downshifting in the braking zones ... may be trading in again lol.

bpmurr

Established Member
Interested to see how well those paddles actually work. We recently traded my GFs auto v6 in on a standard since we do some road courses too, but having only driven stick for a month or 2 shes really struggling with downshifting in the braking zones ... may be trading in again lol.

Practice makes perfect. She'll eventually get it.

Van,

Can't wait to see how you do. Outside of straight line power, I've found my 15 GT to be superior to my 14 GT500 in every way.

Last edited:

Van@RevanRacing

Yesterday in bone stock trim I ran a best lap time of 2:15.90

I also smoked a set of stock brake pads. Completely.

Installed a JLT Ingot Silver CAI and Lund Racing Tune......

This morning I clipped off back to back 2:12.36 and 2:12.56.

3.5 Seconds and I'm still on bone stock suspension and tires. 3.5 second pick up!

Thank you Jon Lund and thank you Jay Tucker! Friggin awesome!!

Van@RevanRacing

The Lund tune with the paddle shifters is awesome. Open tracking the car with paddle shifters the car has to be at a certain speed before you can use the engine to help with braking unlike a manual trans.

Additionally yesterday we got the opportunity to run eight laps on the Daytona Tri-Oval at speed. The G-Force load entering NASCAR turn 1 and 3 is a huge toll on your body. I took some videos and I'll try to put something together very soon.

Todd03Blown

Established Member
Yesterday in bone stock trim I ran a best lap time of 2:15.90

I also smoked a set of stock brake pads. Completely.

Installed a JLT Ingot Silver CAI and Lund Racing Tune......

This morning I clipped off back to back 2:12.36 and 2:12.56.

3.5 Seconds and I'm still on bone stock suspension and tires. 3.5 second pick up!

Thank you Jon Lund and thank you Jay Tucker! Friggin awesome!!
WOW...That is quite the improvement. What are your thoughts on the stock setup? What can be improved? How did the stock brakes and pad work? I see you burned thur a pair of pads, LOL.

Last edited:

Van@RevanRacing

Considering the results that I looked at from NASA Time Trial at Daytona in November it's amazing to consider the potential of this car. It can absolutely be improved upon. With some modest suspension upgrades, exhaust, brake pads, rotors and some race compound tires there is a LOT left to be had.

Husker

Established Member
With some modest suspension upgrades, exhaust, brake pads, rotors and some race compound tires there is a LOT left to be had.

Would like to know if you have a recommendation on pads for the street?

Did the tune have any effect on the tranny?

Van@RevanRacing

The tune is awesome with the CAI. In standard mode the converter locks much faster. In drive mode the downshift is very quick and the power comes on fast and strong. You can really hear it over the stock air box.

The stock pads had little dust on the street. They just couldn't handle the abuse of Daytona.

Users who are viewing this thread