1500hp c6 vs 1200hp viper

DirtyD916

SVT Based God
Established Member
The fastest GT-Rs are running a tall 60+ M&H racemaster anyways.

Let's be honest here, NO ONE is going to drive in the snow, rain or elements with a 1200hp-1500hp car, (as much as someone would brag they could). With that much power it's also virtually useless on a road course.

So, why have street tires? The only car I know of that's run very respectable times on low profile street tires is the TTG. It ain't gonna drive a whole different if it was a drag radial either. How significant is it really in a 1300hp car...:shrug:

These are also owners with an absolute asinine amount of money invested in their cars, do they really need the 'drivability' of street tires in a race car that makes that much power? ****, they can afford a s65 or rolls Royce to DD. :D

If it were a Mustang owner or someone who really has to daily drive their 600-700hp car everywhere I could see the significance.

You have a point with not needing to drive 1200hp cars everyday, but a lot of owners WANT to drive their 1200hp cars everyday. If you are able to perform with a 100% no DR road tire then why wouldn't you? With the MoTec progressive boost a ton of the Lambo guys have already proven that the R888 can do anything they throw at it including hold 1500whp. If this is the case then I would definitely like the added performance of being able to brake, turn, and take adverse road and weather conditions should you encounter them.

BLK_03

Established Member
You have a point with not needing to drive 1200hp cars everyday, but a lot of owners WANT to drive their 1200hp cars everyday. If you are able to perform with a 100% no DR road tire then why wouldn't you? With the MoTec progressive boost a ton of the Lambo guys have already proven that the R888 can do anything they throw at it including hold 1500whp. If this is the case then I would definitely like the added performance of being able to brake, turn, and take adverse road and weather conditions should you encounter them.

You like dudes.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
It's the same thing as using a timeslip for bragging rights. Absolutely the same thing.

Not for me. A 1/4 mile of racing is a way better standard than an insanely short burst nearly equivalent to 0-60mph times on any open stretch of road in unknown conditions.

Vipers and Corvettes have turned those times consistently at various tracks all over the country. The GT-R is JUST as well setup for drag but it's simply just not as fast, period.

I think we're speaking a different language. I already made it clear that I'm well aware that on a dragstrip those cars are much faster. 7 seconds is faster than 9. 180 mph is faster than 160. Got it. We can move to the next point now, which is: Those 7 and 8-second Vipers and Z06s will never run nearly as fast on the street as they will on a track on any tire that's street legal (including DRs).

Let's see some races. Sorry, I'm not going to look at a 60-130mph list you made and say they're automatically faster on the street.

As I've said a million times, it's not like that low 9 second GT-R was on a street tire on an unprepared track. It was on a tall racemaster with tons of VHT. Looks like to me, whether it's AWD or RWD traction is an issue.

My disagreement comes with this attitude that GT-Rs are 'game changers' like big HP AWD cars a new thing. EVOs, VR4s, TTGs, Busas and liter bikes, etc, etc have been getting mopped by big HP Vettes and Vipers sitting on drag radials on the street for over a decade now.

I think it's funny that 100% street cars on drag radials are automatically considered 'drag cars' because they turn respectable times. :shrug:

[youtube_browser]C_3WiQK_mjM[/youtube_browser]

That's cool, bud. What matters to SBo3 has no significance on anything anyway.:)

Opinions are like assholes, everyone seems to have one. :beer:

They've actually been doing 60-130 events in TX for a few years now. I know a couple others have popped up, but I can't remember exactly where. All you need is a dragstrip, two cars and a couple of p-boxes. Pretty amazing, huh? :beer:

Damn, they should have 0-60mph, 180-250mph and 200-270mph events too. :beer: Whatever car can excel at X event we will make sure to make that the new standard that's growing in popularity. :)

LOL...your timelines are completely off. It amazes me that you're even taking part in this debate considering how little you actually know about the subject. 60-130 was growing in popularity long before the GT-R was even being modified. The previous record of 3.40 was set by a....TT VIPER...(auto on slicks) back in '08. That record was only beaten within the last month, therefore, GT-R's weren't on top until very recently. That fact that the GT-R excels at accelerating from any speed is certainly a reason to respect the platform, but it has nothing to do with the popularity 60-130 times.

I wasn't aware of it. I've never seen Viper owners coming into random threads and being like "well let's see it do this" blah blah blah. That seems to have changed with the GT-R though. Insanely short gearing, AWD and a sequential, yeah lets do quick bursts for 70mph worth of acceleration!!11 :lol:

Dude...you complain more about the GT-R than any other member on this forum! LOL Now, who said that a GT-R is 'faster than a 7 or 8 second Viper or Corvette'??

Not complaining, just pointing out facts. A random GT-R swinger came into a completely unrelated thread so I gave my 2cents.

The points that have been made, are these:

-snip-blah blah more vbox claims.

Cool man, I look forward to seeing some of these cars race, heads-up.

Last edited:

M-Phibian

Established Member
Not for me. A 1/4 mile of racing is a way better standard than an insanely short burst nearly equivalent to 0-60mph times on any open stretch of road in unknown conditions.

P-boxes can be used to not only measure 1/4 mile times (even with a 1-foot roll-out), but also 60-130 times, 60-150s, standing mile, 0-60, 100-150, 0-186, 0-100-0. You name it, it can do it. Dragstrips are only good for a couple of things, while pboxes are good for providing an unlimited amount of data. IMO, it's not close. The pbox is far superior and 100 times more usable.

Vipers and Corvettes have turned those times consistently at various tracks all over the country. The GT-R is JUST as well setup for drag but it's simply just not as fast, period.

Are we seriously back to this again? Do you still think you need to convince me that a 7-second/180+ mph Viper or Corvette is faster on a dragstrip than a high 9 or low 8-second GT-R is? As completely impressive as those times are, if you can't come close to replicating that same type of acceleration on the street, it's not what I would want for my car.

Let's see some races. Sorry, I'm not going to look at a 60-130mph list you made and say they're automatically faster on the street.

There's no need to apologize, bro. Your opinions are your opinions, right or wrong.

As I've said a million times, it's not like that low 9 second GT-R was on a street tire on an unprepared track. It was on a tall racemaster with tons of VHT. Looks like to me, whether it's AWD or RWD traction is an issue.

Exactly which low 9-second GT-R are you talking about? Mine ran 9.01, which is pretty low...and it wasn't on M&Hs or a track with 'tons of VHT'. Do you have any other incorrect information you'd like to put out there to justify your point? I mean, why stop now?:beer:

My disagreement comes with this attitude that GT-Rs are 'game changers' like big HP AWD cars a new thing. EVOs, VR4s, TTGs, Busas and liter bikes, etc, etc have been getting mopped by big HP Vettes and Vipers sitting on drag radials on the street for over a decade now.

I've heard they may be game changers as well, and think there might be some validity to that. As fas I'm aware, people use that description about them as street cars, due to their ability to make big power, hook beter than most other big-power cars on equal tires, shift exceptionally fast, while having the newest amenities and technology available.

As far as game changers specifically on a drag strip, I've never heard that. I don't know of a single person that has modified their GT-R to be the fastest thing on a dragstrip. No one has gotten serious about weight loss, no one is running nitrous to help spool the turbos, no one is dialing in suspension for a better launch, no one is running slicks, etc..

I think it's funny that 100% street cars on drag radials are automatically considered 'drag cars' because they turn respectable times. :shrug:

The definition of a 'street car' (separate from 'street-legal') is a never-ending, un-winnable debate, and my definition is probably vastly different from yours.

That said; where did I say, or imply, that street cars on drag radials are automatically considered 'drag cars'? I already know I didn't say that, so good luck with finding it. I did say that my car (mine, meaning the one that I drive) is my street car, and I didn't build it to excel on a dragstrip, nor to compete with the fastest cars on a dragstrip.

Damn, they should have 0-60mph, 180-250mph and 200-270mph events too. :beer: Whatever car can excel at X event we will make sure to make that the new standard that's growing in popularity. :)

It's now coming clear to me. For some weird reason, you're butt-hurt that GT-Rs are the fastest 60-130 cars right now. Hilarious!

No disrespect intended, but in order to help me understand your position, I have to ask: do you even own a Viper or Corvette or any other car that can run a 3.X 60-130? How about 4.X? I only ask that because it seems that those with cars that don't run fast 60-130s, are the only ones that don't appreciate fast 60-130s.

Anyway, stay strong. Records are made to be broken, so I'm sure a car other than a GT-R will run 2.X one of these days, and then all will be well in the world once again.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
P-boxes can be used to not only measure 1/4 mile times (even with a 1-foot roll-out), but also 60-130 times, 60-150s, standing mile, 0-60, 100-150, 0-186, 0-100-0. You name it, it can do it. Dragstrips are only good for a couple of things, while pboxes are good for providing an unlimited amount of data. IMO, it's not close. The pbox is far superior and 100 times more usable.

I take it with a grain of salt. I've seen multiple magazine tests done with pboxes with results that have NEVER been achieved at any track.

At a track, cars are run on the same surface with the same timing with some level of consistency around the country except for of course weather conditions which are also known.

When a car is run at MIR or ATCO in 20 degree in -2000DA conditions it's noted and taken into consideration when compared to a car raced in Denver at a track in 5000+ DA conditions.

When you take your pbox and do a run on any street in unknown conditions then post the results it doesn't mean shit to me. :shrug:

Are we seriously back to this again? Do you still think you need to convince me that a 7-second/180+ mph Viper or Corvette is faster on a dragstrip than a high 9 or low 8-second GT-R is? As completely impressive as those times are, if you can't come close to replicating that same type of acceleration on the street, it's not what I would want for my car.

Yes, and I will not let it go. ;-) These are full weight street cars trapping 170mph+ on simple drag radials

As for not being able to replicate that type of acceleration on the street, geez, how many videos do you want me to post of big HP Z06s and Vipers raping turbo Busas that trap 160mph+ on the expressway? How about Vipers raping EVOs that trap 150mph+? Not everyone races for a measly 70mph in 1200hp+ cars using a vbox, (60-130mph, :lol: ). After 80-100mph it's all horsepower and aerodynamics.

There's no need to apologize, bro. Your opinions are your opinions, right or wrong.

Exactly which low 9-second GT-R are you talking about? Mine ran 9.01, which is pretty low...and it wasn't on M&Hs or a track with 'tons of VHT'. Do you have any other incorrect information you'd like to put out there to justify your point? I mean, why stop now?:beer:

Nothing is incorrect about what I'm referring to, (the AMS car that recently ran a high 8 on huge racemaster drag radials on a lightweight small 17 inch wheel).

8-Sec-GTR-Picture-2.jpg

Coincidentally slower than a full weight z06 running the EXACT same 17inch drag radials on pure PUMP gas making WAY less power. :beer:

I've heard they may be game changers as well, and think there might be some validity to that. As fas I'm aware, people use that description about them as street cars, due to their ability to make big power, hook beter than most other big-power cars on equal tires, shift exceptionally fast, while having the newest amenities and technology available.

Impressive cars, but very expensive to build, race and even buy. Automatic, RWD cars on drag radials have been accomplishing the same feat for over a decade. I've seen automatic Supras absolutely rape older AWD, R32-R34s on the street. Running a true street tire in a 1300hp $100,000 car with a sequential transmission that costs more to repair than the cost of most cars on the road with all the latest amenities is trivial as far as performance is concerned, (IMO).

As far as game changers specifically on a drag strip, I've never heard that. I don't know of a single person that has modified their GT-R to be the fastest thing on a dragstrip. No one has gotten serious about weight loss, no one is running nitrous to help spool the turbos, no one is dialing in suspension for a better launch, no one is running slicks, etc..

Here we go again. A car running huge racemasters on a light 17inch wheel has been modified just as much to go fast on a drag strip as a full weight Viper running drag radials with no 2step, no nitrous, stock 6spd, stock IRS, etc, etc, etc.:bored:

The definition of a 'street car' (separate from 'street-legal') is a never-ending, un-winnable debate, and my definition is probably vastly different from yours.

There is nothing to debate. Those Vipers and Z06s I'm referring to have absolutely nothing taken out of them. They're not 'drag cars' in the least bit. :beer:

It's now coming clear to me. For some weird reason, you're butt-hurt that GT-Rs are the fastest 60-130 cars right now. Hilarious!

Not really, I'm not acknowledging 60-130 pukebox tests as anything significant, you came into a thread about a C6 and Viper to defend it's honor like it should be the new standard, (a list moderated by YOU :lol::lol::lol:).

No disrespect intended, but in order to help me understand your position, I have to ask: do you even own a Viper or Corvette or any other car that can run a 3.X 60-130? How about 4.X? I only ask that because it seems that those with cars that don't run fast 60-130s, are the only ones that don't appreciate fast 60-130s.

No disrespect taken, I wish I had $200,000 to build a TTG or GT-R and race from 60-130mph. Must be nice. :beer:

Anyway, stay strong. Records are made to be broken, so I'm sure a car other than a GT-R will run 2.X one of these days, and then all will be well in the world once again.:thumbsup:

ha ha, it might be broken one day, but I will never give a shit. What I'd like to see is a 'record breaking 60-130mph car' get drugged on the street in a heads-up race. Now THAT would get my attention. :beer:

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
When you take your pbox and do a run on any street in unknown conditions then post the results it doesn't mean shit to me. :shrug:
It isn't hard to get DA data and if you are worried that the person providing the Pbox file isn't truthful you have all the data you need to figure out the DA when you verify the file. Date, and gps location...

Coincidentally slower than a full weight z06 running the EXACT same 17inch drag radials on pure PUMP gas making WAY less power. :beer:
I hope so it weighs nearly 1k pounds less... and again this is on a track not on the street rolling off...

Not really, I'm not acknowledging 60-130 pukebox tests as anything significant, you came into a thread about a C6 and Viper to defend it's honor like it should be the new standard, (a list moderated by YOU :lol::lol::lol:).
Your inability to grasp how a GPS performance measurement system works and its significance is funny when coupled with your "know it all" attitude.

What is funny about this is that I drive a mustang not a GTR but because I mentioned them and got a few people (mostly you) butt hurt this started.

Some people aren't able to be objective and give credit where it is due...

Last edited:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
It isn't hard to get DA data and if you are worried that the person providing the Pbox file isn't truthful you have all the data you need to figure out the DA when you verify the file. Date, and gps location...

Where is it? I haven't seen an ounce of data beyond "3.xx seconds". :bored: Where was it run, if comparing it to others and saying it's the "fastest" where were those cars run at, and in what type of conditions. :??::shrug:

I hope so it weighs nearly 1k pounds less... and again this is on a track not on the street rolling off...

Oh, I hope so. The GT-R has huge turbos running a ton of boost on E85 vs a supercharger on pure 93 octane.

(see what I did there. :loser::loser:).

3863 - 3175, (then add the weight of a supercharger and forged internals).

Not exactly 1,000 pounds duder. :kaboom:

Your inability to grasp how a GPS performance measurement system works and its significance is funny when coupled with your "know it all" attitude.

:lol: :nono:

What is funny about this is that I drive a mustang not a GTR but because I mentioned them and got a few people (mostly you) butt hurt this started.

What's funny is you came into a thread about a C6 and Viper and spouted a bunch of ricer noise like a 16 year old kid on youtube who thinks GT-Rs are the bestest yo!11!

Some people aren't able to be objective and give credit where it is due...

Clearly. Again, take a look at the title of this thread son. :lol: :nonono:

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
Where is it? I haven't seen an ounce of data beyond "3.xx seconds". :bored: Where was it run, if comparing it to others and saying it's the "fastest" where were those cars run at, and in what type of conditions. :??::shrug:

One such list is maintained at 6speedonline.com, you should be capable of searching for it. Each run has a screenshot of the graph of altitude, acceleration and speed. If you want to play detective you can request the actual .dbn log file and you can get a copy of racelogic's performance box tools software and do all of the analysis you desire.

Oh, I hope so. The GT-R has huge turbos running a ton of boost on E85 vs a supercharger on pure 93 octane.

3863 - 3175, (then add the weight of a supercharger and forged internals).

Not exactly 1,000 pounds duder. :kaboom:

You really do sound like a butt-hurt fan boy...

I said nearly and yeah, there is a 700 pound difference.

What's funny is you came into a thread about a C6 and Viper and spouted a bunch of ricer noise like a 16 year old kid on youtube who thinks GT-Rs are the bestest yo!11!

Right, my ricer noise was that I wanted to see races between these huge power RWD vehicles vs huge power AWD vehicles and that I expected hooking issues...

Only a fan boy such as yourself could possibly get so irate at the audacity of someone to want to see some big power cars line up and go to work and prove what the baddest street car is...

:nonono:

I don't even drive a GTR, i've never eluded to them being the "bestest yo", if anything I'm pretty sure I said the TTGs are the car to beat on the street currently. Anymore asinine comments?

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
Warhawk 440ci twin 82mm billit turbos built to handel 30psi and some nitrous...

Dyno video on 22psi the car ran 231mph at TX mile with 19psi and 20mph headwind. (Its the same car but the new owner changed the color)

[youtube_browser]xDgzGVbzLh0[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]2jaBa4RPtl8&feature=channel_video_title[/youtube_browser]

that is one mean vette :fm:

did he start that mile run in 2nd gear???

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
One such list is maintained at 6speedonline.com, you should be capable of searching for it. Each run has a screenshot of the graph of altitude, acceleration and speed. If you want to play detective you can request the actual .dbn log file and you can get a copy of racelogic's performance box tools software and do all of the analysis you desire.

It would be interesting to see the list, I'd like to see why so many fanboys hold so much significance to it. :beer:

You really do sound like a butt-hurt fan boy...

I said nearly and yeah, there is a 700 pound difference.

hahaha, you're the only one crying in here. "It should it weighs 1000lbs less" :lol: Or how about the LMR Viper CLEARLY beating a TTG and absolutely downplaying the results. A thread about a C6 and Viper and a fanboy is talking about GT-Rs, you're definition of a butthurt fanboy. :)

Right, my ricer noise was that I wanted to see races between these huge power RWD vehicles vs huge power AWD vehicles and that I expected hooking issues...

Videos were posted of a Viper beating a TTG, Vipers and Z06s laying waste to 160mph+ trapping Busas, Z06s and Vipers running 7s and 8s on the same type of drag radials a GT-R runs in full weight 100% street cars. :bored:

I guess that's just all irrelevant though. :lol:

I don't even drive a GTR, i've never eluded to them being the "bestest yo", if anything I'm pretty sure I said the TTGs are the car to beat on the street currently. Anymore asinine comments?

ha ha, anyone who says, "it should have, it weighs 1000lbs less" in reference to a full weight 8 second street car on 17inch drag radials running pure 93 octane is a ricer, (want to talk about not giving credit when credit is due, hypocrisy is a funny thing). Given the fact you just registered here and swing off the nuts anything GT-R related while downplaying anything that isn't, I'll stick with my original assessment. :beer:

Last edited:

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
hahaha, you're the only one crying in here. "It should it weighs 1000lbs less"

Or how about the LMR Viper CLEARLY beating a TTG and absolutely downplaying the results.

You mean the backward facing video where 1 pull the TTG walks away and the next the viper does and I said it was inconclusive...

ha ha, anyone who says, "it should have, it weighs 1000lbs less" in reference to a full weight 8 second street car on 17inch drag radials running pure 93 octane is a ricer,

Given the fact you just registered here and swing off the nuts anything GT-R related while downplaying anything that isn't, I'll stick with my original assessment. :beer:

I just registered here because 3 months ago I bought a 2012 5.0. You didn't disappoint when it came to posting more asinine stuff however. By desiring to see some action between GTRs, TTGs and these vipers/vettes (the only cars I know of that have 1300hp and up) I'm now "swinging on the nuts" of anything GTR related. This is funny because now for the third time I'll point out that I think the TTG is the street car to beat.

It is pretty obvious that I'm not nut hugging GTRs but that for whatever reason you really really really hate GTRs, much more than TTGs apparently.

Last edited:

T.Man

Established Member
Here's a 1300whp C6 hooking with no problem on the street, with street tires:
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIUy9AGThgA"]Twin Turbo Corvette vs. Whipple Ford GT vs. Procharged Corvette - YouTube[/nomedia]

1100whp TT C6Z hooking with no problem, street tires again:
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB4C2d23k1I&feature=relmfu"]LMR Twin Turbo Corvette Z06 - 1100hp - YouTube[/nomedia]

1500hp TT FGT, again, on street tires and hooking on the street:
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpX8pnlvsoU"]1500hp TT Ford GT walks 1000 hp Supercharged C6 Corvette - YouTube[/nomedia]

930rwhp TT Camaro hooking on the street, running Nittos lol:
Twin T57 Turbo 03 Cobra vs Twin T60-1 02 Camaro SS - Car Videos on StreetFire

There are a lot of high HP RWD cars out there that can hook just fine on drag radials, which are in fact a street tire. They've been doing it for a long time too. Not trying to stir the pot about anything with the GTR, just making a point.

Big HP RWD cars can in fact hook on the street. BTW, I remember watching a certain 1100whp Supra on E85 walking right past SW's auto TTG. He had no problem hooking either.

Last edited:

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
I'm not sure what was so controversial about being interested in seeing some of these 1200hp+ cars going at in on the street. If you are putting 1500hp down you are probably going to have traction issues on the street and awd is a big advantage, only reason I'm curious how the match ups would go.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind have any of them in my garage, but hopefully there will be some awesome video from TX2k12!!!

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
You mean the backward facing video where 1 pull the TTG walks away and the next the viper does and I said it was inconclusive...

Watch it again, they race more than once and every time the Viper slowly edged away. Whether it's an 8 second Z06 on 17inch drag radials running pure pump or a Viper running down a TTG it's been dismissed.

I just registered here because 3 months ago I bought a 2012 5.0. You didn't disappoint when it came to posting more asinine stuff however. By desiring to see some action between GTRs, TTGs and these vipers/vettes (the only cars I know of that have 1300hp and up) I'm now "swinging on the nuts" of anything GTR related. This is funny because now for the third time I'll point out that I think the TTG is the street car to beat.

I posted another video above. :thumbsup: There are literally, COUNTLESS videos of big HP Corvettes, Vipers and Supras taking out 150-160mph+ cars and bikes on the street. It's nothing groundbreaking.

It is pretty obvious that I'm not nut hugging GTRs but that for whatever reason you really really really hate GTRs, much more than TTGs apparently.

I don't hate either car, just calling it like I see it. The discussion turned into how GT-Rs are reinventing the wheel with this "it's the fastest 60-130mph car" so I gave my 2 cents. There is no rule these big powered RWD cars need to run a true street tire, just like there is no rule GT-Rs need to run pure 93 octane. These big powered RWD cars are a drag radial away from performing the way they've proven to do so for over decade.

Here's a 1300whp C6 hooking with no problem on the street, with street tires:
Twin Turbo Corvette vs. Whipple Ford GT vs. Procharged Corvette - YouTube

1100whp TT C6Z hooking with no problem, street tires again:
LMR Twin Turbo Corvette Z06 - 1100hp - YouTube

1500hp TT FGT, again, on street tires and hooking on the street:
1500hp TT Ford GT walks 1000 hp Supercharged C6 Corvette - YouTube

930rwhp TT Camaro hooking on the street, running Nittos lol:
Twin T57 Turbo 03 Cobra vs Twin T60-1 02 Camaro SS - Car Videos on StreetFire

There are a lot of high HP RWD cars out there that can hook just fine on drag radials, which are in fact a street tire. They've been doing it for a long time too. Not trying to stir the pot about anything with the GTR, just making a point.

Big HP RWD cars can in fact hook on the street. BTW, I remember watching a certain 1100whp Supra on E85 walking right past SW's auto TTG. He had no problem hooking either.

:thumbsup:

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
This was posted on supraforums 8/16/11:

Originally Posted by Underground Racing
I have never spent much time messing around with getting 60-130 times. We ran a 3.5 a couple of years ago when we were testing the Nera at the 1/4 mile track. It did the 3.5 when it ran the 9.1 @ 169 mph pass on street tires. The Nera back then only made 1300 whp. So fast forward to last week. Some of my customers started calling me telling me I needed to go take the 60-130 mph back from the GTR's. I didn't really think we needed to, as I think on the street from a roll a GTR isn't going to touch one of our high-powered TT Gallardos.

So today, KC and I took out Bob Helms' car to check the tune on the street with race gas before it heads home. I asked KC to grab a V box. This is a fully loaded Superleggera. Nothing has been removed, and we were on street tires, Toyo R888's. This is a stage 3 car that is advertised at 1,250 whp on race gas with our street clutch. As all my customers know, that is a very underrated power figure relative to what the Stage 3 is capable of. On the 1,250 whp setting we did a 3.7 60-130 going up a hill. Not just a little hill either. Once we got to a road where it was a bit more flat, but still just a bit of incline, we found a good safe spot, and we turned the power up. We clocked a 3.04 60-130 mph!!

At that point we headed back. KC took a look at the file and said it all looked good, from there we sent it to Peter Blach and he verified it. Now the file has been sent to someone at 6speedonline for final verification.

Thanks again to Bob Helms for letting Underground Racing build him his TT Gallardo.

HelmsSL30460to130.jpg

BobH-08LamboTTGallardoSL_03.jpg

BobH-08LamboTTGallardoSL_05.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread