1500hp c6 vs 1200hp viper

Z28

Established Member
That's a powerful vette, and a great example of the traction issues that rwd cars with over 1000 hp have. Would be interesting to see it run a TTG or GTR but just doesn't look like it could hook enough.

I believe this is the same Viper:

[youtube_browser]FoukFX6MOzI[/youtube_browser]

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member

I couldn't make heads of tails from that video...

Can't tell if/when one car or the other is letting off due to traffic because of the backward facing camera. One time the TTG seems to run off from the viper then next time the opposite.

Maybe at the next event there will be some better footage.

venomws6

Established Member
Great run with two nasty cars...

Both cars are owned by the same guy !!! :rockon:

Ace5Oh

Established Member
"Give the keys to a driver of a GTR and its a sure wreck.......sorry no training wheels here"

LMAO.

T.Man

Established Member
That's a powerful vette, and a great example of the traction issues that rwd cars with over 1000 hp have. Would be interesting to see it run a TTG or GTR but just doesn't look like it could hook enough.

I'd love to see a car go by with a chute...haha.

Notice that even though the Corvette was spinning, it was still pulling? :coolman:

Based on how this Viper was able to edge a 147mph FGT, I'd say that Corvette would do pretty well against a TTG or GTR.

Here's an Alpha 9 GTR vs a TT C6Z that makes 940whp (racing on a dirt covered road, reasoning behind the 2nd high roll-on): [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aXMiDRQg1A"]‪TT C6 Z06 Vs Alpha 9 GTR‬‏ - YouTube[/nomedia]

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member

[youtube_browser]FoukFX6MOzI[/youtube_browser]

For the win. ;-)

I couldn't make heads of tails from that video...

Can't tell if/when one car or the other is letting off due to traffic because of the backward facing camera. One time the TTG seems to run off from the viper then next time the opposite.

Maybe at the next event there will be some better footage.

Both cars were in it, both cars had traction issues. Yes, even AWD cars can light up all 4s. The great thing about a huge V10 is it's linear powerband, you can see that TTG lose some major ground when it spun off the hit and then fell out of it's powerband.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
I mean it was a good video, but why would you want to race a car with 300hp more than you and film it as though the outcome was going to be a mystery

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
Any performance data on the vette or viper in street trim?

Current record 60-130 over on 6speedonline is 3.33 by a switzer R1k GTR, followed by a 3.34 Alpha 12 and then a 3.53 in a UGR TTG.

There is a TT viper that did 3.40 with slicks but no street trim number.

Hopefully there will be some great footage in the near future of some match ups between a monster GTR, TTG and either a TT viper or vette.

I think the GTR is impressive to run the times it can because it weighs nearly 4000 pounds!

Z28

Established Member
I mean it was a good video, but why would you want to race a car with 300hp more than you and film it as though the outcome was going to be a mystery

Since the guy owns both of the cars, probably a race to stir the pot a little since it seems he has raced quite a few guys with the viper.

Users who are viewing this thread