$1600 to spend, whats left for me to buy?

Jeff_Svt22

Established Member
Well the current truck fund is up to about $1600...Other than saving for a built block because I dont really want to go that route right now, what other performance mods would you guys recommend (mods in sig.), anything at all?
Ive been kicking around the idea of buying a new exhaust system..good idea, or not really worth it?

im thinking there isnt really too much more I can do with this stock block but i just figured I would see if there is anything else you guys would add to my current mod list if you had the chance..

Maybe its just time to start with appearance mods instead:??:

02REDSVT

alienfreek
Established Member
How bout long tubes if they're not included in your exhuast, or better yet, drop that bitch! BTW what kind of times are you running with that stock block Whipple?

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
Get rid of the 4x4 look.
FTVB.
QA1 shocks.
Giggle Gas.
Wideband A/F
Upper intake
Cold Air intake
Killer Chiller
Meth Kit.

LSUstang05

Established Member
valve body and converter!
+1. With some good tires, that truck would move out!

Get rid of the 4x4 look.
FTVB.
QA1 shocks.
Giggle Gas.
Wideband A/F
Upper intake
Cold Air intake
Killer Chiller
Meth Kit.

and definitely +1 on this. I'd probably due the FTVB, Wideband A/F, Upper Intake/CAI, Shocks, Killer Chiller, then Meth kit in that order

mcarbine

2003 L #2504
Established Member
Im with everyone else prob a valve body, converter, some gauges (wideband and fuel pressure), and def a drop. :thumbsup: Matt

BC Lightning

Project Panty Dropper
Established Member
Well the current truck fund is up to about $1600...Other than saving for a built block because I dont really want to go that route right now, what other performance mods would you guys recommend (mods in sig.), anything at all?
Ive been kicking around the idea of buying a new exhaust system..good idea, or not really worth it?

im thinking there isnt really too much more I can do with this stock block but i just figured I would see if there is anything else you guys would add to my current mod list if you had the chance..

Maybe its just time to start with appearance mods instead:??:

save a little more and get the JLP Comp. R exhaust. It is the best sounding exhaust for our trucks..... I know, Ive had every exhaust set up

LINOGT

Established Member
I have a stage 4 port with stripped rottors, front drive rebuilt and show polished for sale in the next few weeks.

Last edited:

dizzygoat

Established Member
hmm, give the money to me. Ill bring some beer and strippers over, and use the rest on a valve body, port work and gas to drive up there so you can help me install it all. That is after we send the strippers packing of course :)

SVTL Joe Joe

Banned
i say lower it and get a 4# lower. the exhaust idea is great too because im in the market to buy someones stocker lol let me know

Jeff_Svt22

Established Member
not to get off topic but what boost are you running with the stock lower and 3.5 upper? back on topic sorry
ya know i havent been in my truck since like the first of nov. because of this weather but i believe it was 13-14#'s

How bout long tubes if they're not included in your exhuast, or better yet, drop that bitch! BTW what kind of times are you running with that stock block Whipple?
I 100% agree that it needs a drop BAD, but I just wanted to get all the performance mods out of the way before I started on the appearance..
As for the times, it hasnt made it down the track yet with this setup, our local track was already closed for the year by the time the whipple was installed.

Ill bring some beer and strippers over, and use the rest on a valve body, port work and gas to drive up there so you can help me install it all. That is after we send the strippers packing of course :)
looks like I have found what I was looking for, mods go ahead and close up this thread..haha

i say lower it and get a 4# lower. the exhaust idea is great too because im in the market to buy someones stocker lol let me know

I had a 4# lower on when I made the 471hp but my tuner said I was making too much boost for my stock block and that i needed to switch back to stock as soon as I could, so i switched back to stock and have ran it ever since, and of course i wanted a little more out of it so i figured i would meet in the middle and i bought a 2# lower that has yet to be installed..lol

Thanks for all the replies guys :rockon:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread