17 inch rims on 5.0 non brembo

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
if you dont have the brembos you can do a simple conversion...grab yourself a pair of 05-10 Caliper Brackets + Rotors, the caliper itself is the same and the stopping difference is not noticable imo at all....then you can run any 17" wheel or smaller that would fit a 5-19 stang...i did this to my Shelby to run racestar 15" fronts and also to my nw 13 GT to run the same 15" racestar setup.....i beleive ford racing makes a V6 to GT kit that is exactly what you need it comes with 2 rotors and 2 caliper brackets....put them on and your good to go

GeorgeInNePa

Established Member
if you dont have the brembos you can do a simple conversion...grab yourself a pair of 05-10 Caliper Brackets + Rotors, the caliper itself is the same and the stopping difference is not noticable imo at all....then you can run any 17" wheel or smaller that would fit a 5-19 stang...i did this to my Shelby to run racestar 15" fronts and also to my nw 13 GT to run the same 15" racestar setup.....i beleive ford racing makes a V6 to GT kit that is exactly what you need it comes with 2 rotors and 2 caliper brackets....put them on and your good to go

I know "someone" ;-) with used brackets and rotors that would sell them cheap...

Wharf Rat

Established Member
Oops, sorry I missed the NON-Brembo part. I just read Brembo. Still, 18 inch non-Brembo wheels are a dime a dozen and likely still a cheaper option than screwing with the brakes.

Users who are viewing this thread