18-20 year olds, how did you afford your 03/04 cobra?

JasonHogan

Established Member
I had a 97 Roush that I sold and bought an 02 corvette when I was 18 (Now I'm 21) keep it for a few years and traded it for a tahoe which I still have. I had a 01 lightning truck, traded for an 03 Harley Truck, and traded that for the 04 cobra. My parents pay for my insurance I pay for everything else. I have a good job, I drive race cars on a NASCAR Touring Series for a living and work on them full time. I also work at my dads company some and I have a viynal graphics machine that I make money on the side with. I do a lot, but i have a lot to show for it.

You may think I am spoiled, but I work real hard. check out my website www.JasonHogan.com

chrisle7220

Established Member
Im 19, look young for my age, but I got a good start. When I was 16, my parents bought me a 2002 toyota celica, which i traded in about a month ago to get the cobra. I got 14k for the celica, plus I put down another 5k which i saved up from work, birthdays, christmas, and etc. So i put down 19k on a 35,800 cobra. After tax, it came out to about 38k. My payments now are $465/month for 4 years. I work at a local carwash that only pays me 5.15/hr but i get tips. So on a good day, such as saturday or sunday, i'll make about $10/hr in tips, plus my wage. So thats about 15/hr roughly, and working 20-30hrs a week, can pay for the cobra. I live at home, and parents pay for schooling. So the cobra is my only payment.

Shanezam203

Established Member
I just got my cobra a month after I turned 20. I had my Lightning for 2 years before that. (that was paid for) so that is how I got financed. I had trade in of almost 20 and only financed 10. so they'd be dump not to finance me. To answer the questions I was able to get my Lightning paid for and now my cobra just by saving and working. pretty simple I dont piss my money away on a lot of stupid things. I got a few things for the truck mod wise, but other than that, Im a good saver. My insurance has always been under $200 a month, the new cobra now is $225.
My payment is under $200 to, so I'm not breaking my back driving the new car.
:beer: Shane

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
Your car payment is only $200 a month! I put $19,500 down on $33,415 and my payments are $333.56!

Evileyes

Established Member
Uncle Sam hired me for five years, gave me a place to live, fed me. Saved some serious cash on a Six month tax free deplyoment. Bought a Lightning and toteled it and then bought My Cobra.

Shanezam203

Established Member
Originally posted by Nicky P 03 SVT
Your car payment is only $200 a month! I put $19,500 down on $33,415 and my payments are $333.56!
I got mine for a little less than $33,415
;-) Shane

Users who are viewing this thread