1800 Miles of driving;I got my new car (new to me)

dirtyjerz5.0

Established Member
You probably all know Nicky pass's cobra...probably one of the nicest mustangs i've ever seen. Well, i was in the market for a terminator when my m3 sold and I had to jump all over Nicky's cobra once i saw it here. To bad my m3 hasn't sold yet lol. Anyhow after pulling a few strings I was able to grab my pops, his best friend (huge car guy) and an enclosed car trailer to make the trip from NJ to Chicago in just over ONE day. Keep in mind this was my first time towing ANYTHING, it was definitely an eye opening experience esp when your towing your brand new toy. Here is a little photo journal.

About to leave NJ, my pops 250 with a VERY small back seat :(

First overnight portion of the trip, this was midway through PA and let me tell you, you DONT want to drive across that state, 7hrs of pure misery

You can see chicago! Finally

damn it feels good to be close

MADE IT! Now to load up the car. the car was MINT in every way and nicky couldnt have been a nicer guy! This was the perfect example of a guy you would want to buy a car from.

first blown trailer tire (tires were 10 years old)

second blown tire, we were 10 MINUTES away from home, damn. Thank god my pops is a blue lighting fire fighter cause that strobe def made you feel better while changing a tire at night.

Back HOME!!!!! 1800 miles later, 450 in gas, 10lbs of beef jerkey, 20 cups of coffee and lots of piss breaks later, it was all worth it :) And before you say anything, yes i drove half the time and yes i changed the tires, i just took a couple snaps in between the action so i could show my experience here :)

Now the hardest part. I told myself I would not register or insure the cobra until my other toy the BMW M3 was sold..........its KILLING me to see it just sit under a cover in my garage :(

dirtyjerz5.0

Established Member
This is the post i fell in love with....ill be taking my own once I get her on the road :(

2003 Oxford White with Tan Top/Interior

Mods:
H&R Race Springs
Maximum Motorsports Caster/Camber Plates
Maximum Motorsports Full Length Subframe Connectors
Fiore Firewall Adjuster and Quadrant
Power Stack Open Element Cold Air Intake
Borla Stinger Cat Back
2.76" Billetflow Pulley with 100mm Idler (Black)
Tuned by Bob Kurgan: 452hp and 474tq
MGW Short Throw Shifter
CDC Light Bar
Bullet Fuel Door
SSInserts Bumper Inserts
CCW SP500s with Toyo Proxes 275-35-18 Front Tires, 295-35-18 Rear Tires

7,450-ish miles

Cobra1-1.jpg

Cobra10.jpg

Cobra11.jpg

Cobra12.jpg

Cobra13.jpg

Cobra14.jpg

Cobra2-3.jpg

Cobra3-1.jpg

Cobra4-1.jpg

Cobra5.jpg

Cobra6.jpg

Cobra7.jpg

Cobra8.jpg

Cobra9.jpg

Cobra2-2.jpg

CCW.jpg

NC2.jpg

P5010043.jpg

CCWs2.jpg

P8270026.jpg
[/QUOTE]

mi_l123

JDM = Just Dust ME
Established Member
hahaha just couldn't wait to buy the cobra. lol congrats on the purchase. That's a real clean cobra

94vert50

Established Member
I flew out to michigan with my dad from maryland and drove the cobra home home in same day. Nine hour drive home. Nothing compared to what you did! Congratulations. Enjoy.

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
you got a real nice car there. truly one of the cleanest and best kept on here!!

Users who are viewing this thread