18X10 Saleens.....question

SoBlue4.6

Established Member
I'm about to order the staggered 18x9 and 18x10 Chrome Saleens for my car and had a few questions. I'll be ordering 295 wide tires for the rear too.
I'm also going to buy H&R Race Springs when I buy the wheels.

I'm thinking about buying a 3/8" LFP spacers as well. Will I need extended studs with this spacer or will I be safe without them?

Also, will I need the IRS bolt shaved down or should it be okay the way it is?

Finally, will I need to roll my fenders at all?

I know, its alot of questions, but I just want to make sure I do everything right the first time around. :rockon:

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
with a spacer you will be fine. You wont need extended studs. Just get extended thread lug nuts and youll be fine. I dont see the need of you rolling your fenders since you dont have a SRA

RustyNutz

Established Member
I have Saleen replicas 18x10 with M/T 305/35-18, H&R Race Springs, no spacers and they rubbed. I had to roll the fenders. Not sure about the 295s...depends what kind and how big or small they run.

Last edited:

GTRACER88

Established Member
Im not sure how different the cobra is compared to the GT, however i have 18X9 and 18X10 and i have no rubbing issues. Btw im running 315 in the rear. I have a 2000 GT with a 2 inch drop.

JWSnake

Established Member
I think you need extended studs. I've tried running a 3/8 with two different wheel setups on 335s, and did not get enough thread engagement/did not feel safe at all on the stock studs. Didn't have to roll the fenders though.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
I think you need extended studs. I've tried running a 3/8 with two different wheel setups on 335s, and did not get enough thread engagement/did not feel safe at all on the stock studs. Didn't have to roll the fenders though.

like i said, he doesnt need the extended studs. All he needs is Extended thread lug nuts which will run him about 20$ instead of having to pay somone close to 100$ just to press on the studs.

JWSnake

Established Member

Knoxville COBRA

Established Member
Thats the set up i run minus the spacers. You will not need the shaved IRS bolts my 295's dont rub at all.
IMG_1718.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread