1950 Studebaker on G-Body chassis 3.8v6 Turbo- Bobby Allison

gomach1

5.0hh
Established Member
This is a project we just finished at my job @ https://www.facebook.com/ourdreamauto started working here early in the year and so glad i was able to get the job. It was an awesome project and learning experience to be apart of building a truck of this caliber.
This a truck we built for Bobby Allison. We had to keep it under wraps since the finished project was going to be a surprise for him. Long story short, the owner of the company i work for, heard his story and about this truck that he started building in the late 80s but was never able to finish due to his accident in Pocono and a long list of medical bills etc...and he wanted to help him finish it. So we took on the project, got lots of sponsors involved and were able to finish this project! And we finally unveiled it to him this past weekend at the Daytona Turkey Rod Run!

So not only was this about rebuilding his truck but was also about rebuilding a racing legend.

Short run down on the truck, its sitting on a 87 G-body frame, floor and firewal are grafted to the 50 Studebaker cab, and is also sporting the 87 Grand national 3.8 v6 Turbo

1-best-bobby-allisons-1950-studebaker-pickup.jpg

10-engine.jpg

12-rear-view-Bobby-Allisons-1950-studebaker-pickup.jpg

8-bed.jpg

9-interior.jpg

13-graphics.jpg

4-allison-and-judy-intruck.jpg

Last edited:

Dirt2067

Established Member
Very cool!
What a great experience to be involved in a project of that magnitude.
What was your personal involvement?

gomach1

5.0hh
Established Member
Very cool!
What a great experience to be involved in a project of that magnitude.
What was your personal involvement?

Lets see...

Wired the whole truck with a painless system and set up the fasr xfi system.
Any of the mechanical work...suspension, vintage air set up, etc.
Interior fabrication, I didnt cover or wrap anything but made all the panels and stuff.
Helped with body fabrication...
There were only 4 of us working on it so we all had a big part.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Now if ever there was a truck that I'd love to own, that is it. Absolutely gorgeous, from the ground up. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread