1957 Original Austin Healey

Steve@Tasca

Well you're right there. He did some cosmetic things but has replaced with original parts. The mechanics of the car are all original and that's mainly what I was getting at. I really had to put my foot down to get it to go hahaha.

No question whoever did the restoration did an amazing job on it.

I'd imagine it probably felt a little underpowered, the 100-6 really was a bit of a dog which is why they changed it to the 3000 fairly quickly.

The 100-6 was only about 100hp, where the 3000 bumped it to about 130-145 depending on the year, my dads current car was built from the ground up as a racer and puts out somehwere around 220hp and it's running a Toyota 5-speed. We also have a couple friends that race big Healeys, it's a great group of people.

-Steve

Last edited:

GoGreen04

Established Member
Oh wow that's interesting. Yeah this car hardly moved and it had no power steering which was a surprise at the first turn haha. Your Dads car seems like a lot of fun to drive, kind of like an AC cobra

Steve@Tasca

Oh wow that's interesting. Yeah this car hardly moved and it had no power steering which was a surprise at the first turn haha. Your Dads car seems like a lot of fun to drive, kind of like an AC cobra

A stock 3000 is a decent car to drive, my dads is a flat out riot. Not Cobra power by a long shot but the modded inline six has plenty of torque and the rev limiter is currently set to 6500 so it's not short of revs either. Ours has Jag discs all round as well which makes for very good braking power. There are faster Healeys racing today for sure but ours is very well sorted and predictable.

Very addicting cars to be around. This is from the Fall Festival at Road America in September, me leaning on the roll bar, dad driving and our friend Rich (Formula Ford racer) in the maroon taking our picture.

Stevewithhisdadatno1_zps2d8defae.jpg

Good friend Jeff Johnks Healey, about 10 seconds a lap faster than my dads car, VERY fast Healey with a very good driver.

vintage-svra-season-finale-2010-28-3cp-59-austin-healey-100-6-jeff-johnk_zps73b9c16d.jpg

Our other friend Jeff Lumbards Healey, fresh from a seven year home restoration, this car is incredible.

0914141103_zpsotzsr1dc.jpg

-Steve

Last edited:

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
Anytime I hear Austin Healey, I can only think about when Tim Allen walks into the garage on Home Improvement, sees it shrugs his shoulders and says IT'S BRITISH!

Users who are viewing this thread