1969 chevelle value

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
If it's actually as straight as he says and has all the parts he claims, it's probably worth it. You should run a Vin decode on it and obviously give it a once over looking for rot.

Maustang

Established Member
I will for sure be checking for rust and runing the vin
I haven't seen the car in person yet, just started texting the guy this morning and he is on his way to look at the truck
For reference this is the truck I would be trading
1993 Chevy 454 200,000 miles.
4492ac6c76b53e67fe40fa07b3288adf.jpg

23fb518f7b9d1f44109a5a1dff9e39e7.jpg

f746662852babb8c7d2346c0c22bc32c.jpg

va boy

Established Member
As already said, if the body is solid, rust free as well as no frame damage etc., I'd say it's a good point to start with negotiations.
The 67, 69, and 70 Chevelle's have always brought the biggest money. Would be great if it's a factory SS car. Do you know if it happens to have a 12 bolt rear end?

Maustang

Established Member
As already said, if the body is solid, rust free as well as no frame damage etc., I'd say it's a good point to start with negotiations.
The 67, 69, and 70 Chevelle's have always brought the biggest money. Would be great if it's a factory SS car. Do you know if it happens to have a 12 bolt rear end?

Don't know much about the car yet, he just came by and looked at the truck. Seemed pretty excited he's going to come back Saturday and take it for a test drive with his father in law.

Then I'm going to go look at the chevelle.
It is going to be a straight across trade

I'm pretty excited I only paid $2000 for the truck 2 months ago and have about 300 into it.
So in my head I'm getting a 69 chevelle for essentially $2300

truefiveo

Established Member
Don't know much about the car yet, he just came by and looked at the truck. Seemed pretty excited he's going to come back Saturday and take it for a test drive with his father in law.

Then I'm going to go look at the chevelle.
It is going to be a straight across trade

I'm pretty excited I only paid $2000 for the truck 2 months ago and have about 300 into it.
So in my head I'm getting a 69 chevelle for essentially $2300

Makes sense to me...a cheaper running practical vehicle for a more expensive classic car roller body

oldmodman

Established Member
You should check the VIN breakdown and see what it was when new. If it was an SS454 originally and you restore it and don't tear it up it could be worth quite a few bucks.

I know it would not be numbers matching but with a period correct 454 it could go across the auction block at Barrett Jackson someday.

coposrv

Established Member
I've had a Chevelle and the vin number doesn't tell the whole story. A few things to check for are file line sizes I forgot which cars exactly but the ss cars has 3/8". Sway bars and discs ate another give away. Even if its just a Malibu as long as its rust free it's still a good deal IMO

91GT

Established Member
You should check the VIN breakdown and see what it was when new. If it was an SS454 originally and you restore it and don't tear it up it could be worth quite a few bucks.

I know it would not be numbers matching but with a period correct 454 it could go across the auction block at Barrett Jackson someday.

No 454's in 69. GM had a policy that midsize cars had to be less than 400 ci until it was abolished in 1970. Your post still applies, it would just be a 396.

RustyRodder

Fauxbra powered
Established Member
Id say that car, if straight and solid, is worth around 4k. So trade, worth it.

1969 had the SS as an option, not a seperate model. Therefore, you wont be able to tell anything more than if it is a factory V8 from the VIN. If it has a 12 bolt rear, that is a start. But you need to look at the fuel lines, dash, etc to see what is original and whatnot.

Mine Im still trying to track down everything- The dash is original and indicates a L78 (only the L89 and COPO was above it), but you have to track each part to find the originality. right now you can find the originating dealer through the NCRS, which might be a lead of what it is/was.

Maustang

Established Member
Street car
Pretty sure it's not anything special so I'm not to worried about keeping it original.

Got it home today and squeezed in the garage
c141371937ad66524f0f561f65251cbd.jpg

va boy

Established Member
Right on, I was hoping it would work out for you. I LOVE my old cars. I love my Cobra too, but there is just something about being behind the wheel of an old muscle car, nothing like it. Good luck with your build.
BTW, 69 is my favorite year Chevelle.

Last edited:

Maustang

Established Member
Right on, I was hoping it would work out for you. I LOVE my old cars. I love my Cobra too, but there is just something about being behind the wheel of an old muscle car, nothing like it. Good luck with your build.
BTW, 69 is my favorite year Chevelle.

I'm glad it worked out to the only problem is I am now truckless, might have to go get a loan and pick one up.
Which was my plan once I sold the truck in a year or two. Plans just moved alittle quicker

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
awesome, congrats OP. moms neighbor has one just sitting on his front lawn, hardly ever drives it but won't sell it. like fool, least get it off the grass!

Users who are viewing this thread