1973 Detomaso Pantera Build Thread - Group 4 - FAT BTTM

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Amazing!! Looks great!!
Quick question for you DKS, at 6'2" could I fit in a Pantera? I sat in a Countach and nearly was stuck in it. I was about 6 inches taller than the head room provided. I know a lot of the super cars from the 70s & 80s were not made for guys my size.

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
Amazing!! Looks great!!
Quick question for you DKS, at 6'2" could I fit in a Pantera? I sat in a Countach and nearly was stuck in it. I was about 6 inches taller than the head room provided. I know a lot of the super cars from the 70s & 80s were not made for guys my size.

Should do. My Father is 6'3" and he fits in his just fine including a helmet. He then put in some lowered floor pans (easy, off-the-shelf, type of installation) so it can accomodate additional room. However, in my case, my seats have quite a bit of padding, and my roll cage will probably make it tight for someone at 6'0"...until the padding wears in some.

A lot of the folks around Houston who have Panteras are in that 6'2" 200-220 range and they seem to drive them just fine...

thetastelingers

eyem speshul
Established Member
Appreciate the kind words.

I just pulled the pax seat out to get the wiring all cleaned up at the pax footboard, and get the AC hooked up. Here are a couple with the seats in, but the steering wheel pulled off. The color looks a lot whiter in the pictures than it does in person....it's actually sort of a "seal" grey.

19FFEDC2-CF95-4B73-AA56-9629FF73B7D4_zpszioosfu7.jpg

AABE138E-FC98-4041-8A8A-E562C88292C3_zpsiufpy5ot.jpg

The cut places in the carbon gauge panel, what is going in there?
The gray goes well with the rest of the car.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Should do. My Father is 6'3" and he fits in his just fine including a helmet. He then put in some lowered floor pans (easy, off-the-shelf, type of installation) so it can accomodate additional room. However, in my case, my seats have quite a bit of padding, and my roll cage will probably make it tight for someone at 6'0"...until the padding wears in some.

A lot of the folks around Houston who have Panteras are in that 6'2" 200-220 range and they seem to drive them just fine...
Cool ... So many older cars are on the small side inside, good to hear!

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
Had some photos taken for a potential magazine cover. Figured I'd post a sample up. Quite pleased with all of the shots...and I'll post some more up later. Going to wait on Kat to put her fancy tag on the photos and some minor editing left.

Three%20Quarters%20with%20Buildings_zpspfktxsch.jpg

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
Thanks a bunch. A few more edited versions...I'll probably start a new thread with some of these photos Kat has edited.

i-RXxTHck-X3_zpsgbdqtnet.jpg

Side%20Parking%20Garage_zpsico8lsxw.jpg

With my Dad's car cruising down Woodlands Parkway:

Roling%20Dad%20and%20I%20Front_zpscycu7r6u.jpg

starnsey

Established Member
Thanks a bunch. A few more edited versions...I'll probably start a new thread with some of these photos Kat has edited.

i-RXxTHck-X3_zpsgbdqtnet.jpg

Side%20Parking%20Garage_zpsico8lsxw.jpg

With my Dad's car cruising down Woodlands Parkway:

Roling%20Dad%20and%20I%20Front_zpscycu7r6u.jpg

That is super awesome

I don't know if its what was intended with the photo, but that top one has a little grain to it that makes it seem like a quality photo from the 70s/80s and really gives the entire shot a cool vibe.

Last edited:

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
I don't think that was the intent, but is indeed pretty neat. The 2nd photo definitely shows the color a bit different. It's quite dark in the garage, but at certain light has a nice purple, blue hue to it.

Thanks for the kind words.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
A guy down the street has three of these in factory running order. They are very nice. And no, I can't get any pics of them because we do not like each other. LOL
Great car, and has always been in my bucket list of cars to own.

Users who are viewing this thread