1979 Cobra Dyno Video (loud)

dk5_cobra

Established Member
Thanks guys. In regards to ashley's question about my suspension setup, I'm running a Maximum Motorsports K member kit/coilovers in the front and the rear is an 03 irs with delrin control arm bushings, poly cradle/diff bushings, MM spindle bearings, and a torsen t2r diff w/3.73 gears, also on coilovers. (Spring rates are 375 front and 475 rear).

That should about cover everything but if anyone has any more specific questions, feel free to pm me

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Thanks guys. In regards to ashley's question about my suspension setup, I'm running a Maximum Motorsports K member kit/coilovers in the front and the rear is an 03 irs with delrin control arm bushings, poly cradle/diff bushings, MM spindle bearings, and a torsen t2r diff w/3.73 gears, also on coilovers. (Spring rates are 375 front and 475 rear).

That should about cover everything but if anyone has any more specific questions, feel free to pm me

I have an '85 t-top fox with upr coil over kit up front and the ride is terrible. I need to switch to max Motorsports. I also have an IRS swapped from my old '04 cobra, with stock bushings. It wheelhops a ton. I guess I need to switch out the bushings.

dk5_cobra

Established Member
I get 0 wherlhop on the street and the track. And my car rides like a skateboard lol Its definitely too harsh for an every day car. But it does what I ask it to on demand

badjuicedgt

Established Member
I had a 79 cobra back when I was 14 I traded a gun for it,needless to say we ended up scraping it after we pulled the motor. Then after we pulled the heads I don't know why but I seem to remember that the motor had super small bores I mean so small I couldn't fit my fist in them. Maybe its just my mistake but it seems I read somewhere there was something weird with the 79 motor but that was a long time ago. I do wish I had a lot of the cars I had back then back to date ive had 60 fox bodies 1-94 2-95s 1-96 gt 1-99 cobra 1-04 gt and now the 03 cobra. There are a lot of the cars I wish I had back but I'm glad at times I don't have them since I would need a warehouse to keep them in.

OP your car is one good looking car, I cant believe there aren't more of these cars out there or you don't see them more often.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread