1989 LX Notchback Build Thread

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
clean car and looking good. I am doing a similar deal to an 86 Gt I picked up a couple months ago guess i need to do a thread lol.

slow90coupe

Established Member
Welp I didn't get much accomplished today. Stuff just wasn't going right. I was faced with my arch nemesis once again, which is the steering rack. That thing always owns me, and I'm not really sure why. Anyways, here's a pic of what I got done. Got the old suspension out, got the new k-member, control arms, and offset rack bushings put in. I ended up stopping because I was getting to the point where I was just screwing up at everything I tried to do.

IMG_1757_zpsb9f70fce.jpg

slow90coupe

Established Member
I got the rack, steering shaft, spindles, and brakes put on today. I can't drive it yet, because I need new tie rod ends, but other than that I think I got everything else handled. My wheels are still being made and aren't expected to ship until late next week so the car will be rocking mismatched wheels for a while.

IMG_1765_zps4a9ffd02.jpg

IMG_1767_zps48f9a8d2.jpg

IMG_1766_zps0d09e6fa.jpg

IMG_1771_zps7d971327.jpg

IMG_1769_zps25920fa8.jpg

SVTORANGE

Established Member
I got the rack, steering shaft, spindles, and brakes put on today. I can't drive it yet, because I need new tie rod ends, but other than that I think I got everything else handled. My wheels are still being made and aren't expected to ship until late next week so the car will be rocking mismatched wheels for a while.

IMG_1765_zps4a9ffd02.jpg

IMG_1767_zps48f9a8d2.jpg

IMG_1766_zps0d09e6fa.jpg

IMG_1771_zps7d971327.jpg

IMG_1769_zps25920fa8.jpg

What a big difference - Looks great man:banana:

mavericks-03svt

Established Member
man that is one bas ass notch. I ran into a guy with a 4 cylinder 93 notch that is willing to sell but we can't reach an agreement on the price. This thread is not helping me hold off on upping my offer. Can't wait to see how your ride turns out when finished. Nice work and keep posting photos.

whiplash306

Established Member
Wow - I am so envious of the creative ability and knowledge basis of some of our members! VERY nice ride OP - Outside of cleaning up the way the car was presented in your original post, I would have left it alone. But you have taken it to an entirely different level. VERY, VERY nice! Look fwd to more updates!

slow90coupe

Established Member
Thanks everyone!

Welp I got the car on the road yesterday. Got everything situated and drove it to work. I haven't driven something so far out of alignment in my life, it was all I could do to keep it on the road. I limped it to work and aligned it there. It drives halfway decent now. But the brakes still don't feel 100%, as I have a leaky caliper bolt that I need to fix. Luckily I found that to be my culprit tonight. I also got my 12-175 springs and swapped them in, so I can go low. This is how it looks now.

IMG_1819_zpsfe24ec16.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread