1990 Mustang Fox - Need Your Advise Please

04Red-Snake

Established Member
Hello Guys,

I have been watching this car for a while now (link below). It has been advertised on and off, but for some reason I am not 100% comfortable. From the Car Fax it seems like the car has had several owners, but no apparent problems. When I called the dealership and asked if the car has been in any accident or if it had had any body work / paint, they were a bit illusive stating that the car has a clean Car Fax. When I challenged the Car Fax report as potentially not capturing all information, they told me they would check into it and would call me back with more information. That was this morning, thus I am waiting on a call.

I am a serious buyer, and like the car a lot, but hate to get burned. I have been saving and looking. Car looks in great shape and price seems good too.
However, I only know so much, so I thought I ask you guys for your opinion and advise.

Thank you very much in advance for all your comments.
RBJ

Cars for Sale: 1990 Ford Mustang LX V8 Hatchback in Marietta, GA 30062: Hatchback Details - 326981181 - AutoTrader.com

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
If the mileage is leggit then its a good find. But its likely rolled over once. The only thing that makes me think the mileage is correct is the interior being so clean. Either way, its a 22 year old car. If the mileage, paint, interior is all original and there have been no wrecks then you have found a rare jewel and the price is fair( it doesn't matter if its had 2 owners or 10 at this point). BUT, its a 22 year old car, so chances are it COULD have had work done, but there is really no way to tell. Test drive it, have a mechanic(that does NOT work for the dealership) do a compression and leak down test. Let the car sit and idle for about 15 minutes AFTER you test drive it to make sure it doesn't over heat. Get under it, check for oil, aftermarket parts, etc. If all checks out, offer them $6500 for it, I'm sure they dont have more than $6000 invested in that car(probably more like $4500). I wouldn't pay over $7000 for it before TTL, mainly because its a hatch, it would be worth more if it was a coupe.

Last edited:

blubyu90

Established Member
If you really want i can go take a look at it for you. It's right down the street from me. I can drive it, check for body/paint work, and leaks and such. Maybe take a few pics if you'd like. Just pm me, it might be easier.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
If you really want i can go take a look at it for you. It's right down the street from me. I can drive it, check for body/paint work, and leaks and such. Maybe take a few pics if you'd like. Just pm me, it might be easier.

:bowdown: Gotta love the internet.

04Red-Snake

Established Member
Guys,

Thank you very much for your comments.

Blubyu90 - I sent you a PM. Words can't express my gratitude for your kindest offer!

You guys are the best! :thumbsup:

Kind Regards,
RBJ

Users who are viewing this thread