1993 Cobra R Strut Tower Brace

1993 Mustang

Established Member
Wondering if ANYONE has a 93 R Strut Tower Brace for sale or knows anyone that has one for sale. I WILL PAY TOP DOLLAR FOR ONE. PM me if anyone wants to talk private.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
I thought what he had was a 95.Are they not different because of one being a 351?Stan

Stan,

Totally different. Remember, for the sn95 ford put the flange on the firewall for the strut to bolt to. On the fox cars they drill through the firewall and sandwich it with a plat on the cowl side.

Tom

robertlyons

Established Member
The one Jim has is for a 93 R (he may also have a 95 R one, I do not know for sure). I don't know if the price he quoted for me was the "Bob special" or the general price, so I won't post it. But it is expensive.

TOM! Yeah, I'm still hanging around the hobby in stalker mode for the most part. As you know, I've dabbled in turbo Chrysler products and BMW's in recent years as my health bounced up and down and my wife has tried to talk me off the track. But I just sold my M Roadster and got back into my first love, a 20th Anniversary convertible that I'm going old school on. I'll be at the MCA Grand National In September w/ the Cobra. Don't know what or if I'll be doing anything else this year.

BTW, that picture was taken up at Watkins Glenn before I lost brakes and stuffed it into the tire wall at the entrance to the boot. Car now has a Cervini Stalker front end and a Mach I hood (painted like the 71-73 Mach I). Couldn't let Dave Gagne be the only 93 Teal Cobra with a ram air hood!

93SVTCobra

Established Member
I believe Kar Kraft also has one that pops up on Ebay every few months.

Bob - can't believe it....I don't know what to say other than welcome back from the dead!!!

PxTx

I like cars and bikes
Established Member
Hey guys, new around here but I have made a few posts on the Fox Body Cobra forums. There was a similar thread on the bar over there and I did make a kinda intro thread, as seen here:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...9-pre-runner-1993-cobra-saac-mk1-mustang.html

What brings me around is an interest in the SAAC MkI cars. My opinion is that they were extremely pivital in the evolution of the Cobra and Cobra R cars. I think they are are under appreciated for their historical and influential significance. They did use a whole bunch of SVT parts before the Cobra's. Did they use the same brace as the R's?

Pic for ref:

mump_0909_09_+2009_nmra_show+295_engine.jpg

Thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread