1993 Cobra with 8K NEED HELP ASAP!!!

oneof185

Established Member
Yeah Brian, don't know if you've seen a clean red with black cloth in person, but you will NOT be dissapointed. They are awesome. As stated, probably a little overpriced right now, but if you aren't going to sell it, that doesn't matter. You will be hard pressed finding a 8200 mile any 93 w/black interior anyway. Buddha has been on here a long time and is very knowledgeable about these cars so check the VIN's as he said and the exhaust. As I said earlier the car has bid up to 20,400 on Ebay so you've probably got the dealer about as low as they'll go. Again, if it's your dream car, buy it and enjoy. If I would have had the cash a month or so ago, the dealer would have never bought this car, I would have went to Jersey myself.

brian3724

Established Member
So, is it normal on 1993 Cobras, for the piece of molding that goes down each side of the car to not line up perfectly. It portion on the rear of the side doesn't seem to match with the door portion. I'm assuming that's how Foprd made them though?

buddha93

Established Member
I'm not sure what your looking at, but the molding looks fine to me. It's mostly held on with 3M sticky tape. The things are damn near impossible to get off without warping them to some extent. That's why when most of these Fox cars get a repaint, they leave them on.

Speedfreek

Established Member
So, is it normal on 1993 Cobras, for the piece of molding that goes down each side of the car to not line up perfectly. It portion on the rear of the side doesn't seem to match with the door portion. I'm assuming that's how Foprd made them though?

Alot of them dont match up with the door crease they start out with a small gap then get to a larger gap by the end of the door. They do that so to line it up with the GFX. I bet that is what you are talking about it probably matches the GFX but not the line of the door.

Speedfreek

Established Member
Actually after looking at the pics again it does look odd. It is a bit higher on the rear of the passenger door. Most I have seen gradually slope downward to meet the GFX.

buddha93

Established Member
I see what your talking about now. I walked out in the garage and took a look at mine........likes identical. It's off about a 1/4" on both sides where it meets the front quarter molding........no worries.

brian3724

Established Member
I spoke to the dealer that is selling the car, and he told me to keep in mind that this is a 1993 Ford. He said that if we were talking about a 2011 Porsche or Lexus, then it would be different. Like I said, I've looked at a bunch of other photos of 93 Cobras, and they all look like they have the same thing. The car's 100% with no body work, so I'm assuming that it's not a big deal, I was just curious on what you guys thought.

buddha93

Established Member
If I were spending the kind of cash your talking about, I'd be asking questions too. It only makes sense to cover all ends of it. Good eye too.

But the dealer is right. Fit and finish as they call it nowadays, is a big priority. Even todays entry-level cars won't leave the factory like that.

brian3724

Established Member
I had thought about driving it back, but the drive would be well over 1000 miles, and I would rather not take the chance of anything happening, so I'm leaning more toward having it shipped.

buddha93

Established Member
Ship it. With those miles and the condition, you'll be glad you did.

I just had a crash course with these auto shippers. Evidently it's very competitive and there a ton of brokers (middle men) out there. They quote you a rate then pick from one of several shipping companies that they sub-contract to. Theyr'e worse the car salesman in terms of trying to sell you a spot on one of their trucks. I've had dozens of them calling my cell phone the last couple of days on a car I was looking at.

I'd speak to the place your buying it from and see what they can do for you, or if they can recommned a good shipper. If not, all I can say is shop around........a lot.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Ship it. With those miles and the condition, you'll be glad you did.

I just had a crash course with these auto shippers. Evidently it's very competitive and there a ton of brokers (middle men) out there. They quote you a rate then pick from one of several shipping companies that they sub-contract to. Theyr'e worse the car salesman in terms of trying to sell you a spot on one of their trucks. I've had dozens of them calling my cell phone the last couple of days on a car I was looking at.

I'd speak to the place your buying it from and see what they can do for you, or if they can recommned a good shipper. If not, all I can say is shop around........a lot.

Very true about the shipping!! When I shipped my Cobra and Expedition in 08' I paid 2k from Vegas to Sarasota, and when the guy got here he said next time call him direct and I would save 200 a car!!

oneof185

Established Member
I used a shipper out of Florida and paid $150 up front on my credit / debit card. Then paid the shipper the rest. The amount you give the guy in the truck is typically what they charge, the rest is for the third party to set it up for you. Some claim not to charge up front, so I believe the shipper pays them on the backside. I have the guys phone number I used, who is based out of Florida and he picked mine up in two days and had it here quick. If you want the #, let me know. I paid $600 from Utah to Kansas City door to door...his part was $400-$450, don't remember exactly. Every other quote I got was around $800. I bought a car from a guy who has bought and sold a lot of 93's and he said he never saw one turned around that quick.
Now I probably caught him on his way from California or somewhere heading back to Florida, so it might not have been too far out of his way.

Last edited:

SpikeDD

Established Member
Brian, If you don't mind saying...or you can PM me... Where in NJ are you looking to ship from? I live in Toms River, NJ and may be able to help you locate a shipper. I have a good friend who owns a used care lot.... maybe he can help.

brian3724

Established Member
Not sure if anyone noticed that red stuff on the positive side of the battery. Is that just some sort of anti-corrosive spray? I think I've seen stuff like that used before.

brian3724

Established Member
Thanks for the shipping help. The car was actually sold to a dealer from New Jersey, but the dealer is located in Ohio. He has a really good shipping company he goes through, and they charge a little over 1k, so hopefully it gets here safe and sound.

buddha93

Established Member
I believe that might be some sort of aerosol dialetic (sp) grease to prevent corosion.

For over a grand, that had better be enclosed transport to your door from what I've seen. Judging by the caliber of cars the sell, I'm sure it is.

dom418

Established Member
Very nice car, don't worry about the price. 93 Cobras in mint/stock condition are hard to find. You can always get a better deal but then you will never get the car you want because you are waiting for the best deal. Buy it and don't turn back.

oneof185

Established Member
That is an anti-corrosion spray on the terminal...at least I have used some on my older cars back in the day and that is exactly what it looked like. I agree too, for over 1k, it should be enclosed.

Users who are viewing this thread