1993 Cobra with 8K NEED HELP ASAP!!!

WYSIWYG

Established Member
I purchased my '93 in 2002 for $20k and it had 3,032 miles on it. Today it just turned over 14,200 miles on it. Vibrant Red w/leather.

WillyB93

Established Member
I'm new to the site but oneof185 was you talking aout the teal with black in Illinois that you wanted to buy. If so i picked that one up on 4-2-2010 and added that to my other 1993 and my 04 mystichrome!!

oneof185

Established Member
Yes I was. Really wanted to buy. Obviously it was in great condition? Congrats. I tried to get him down on the price and he wouldn't take any less. I should have picked it up...:(

WillyB93

Established Member
He didn't budge on the price for me either but i would say it was worth the price compared to other cars out in the market now. I' m the kind of guy to pay a little extra for a car with options like that and paperwork too!!!!

ktbanone

Established Member
This 8k miles car was near me before the dealer bought it. i could have bought it for $15k. i almost choked when i saw the dealer listing it on ebay for $25k.

buddha93

Established Member
This 8k miles car was near me before the dealer bought it. i could have bought it for $15k. i almost choked when i saw the dealer listing it on ebay for $25k.

My only question is why didn't you buy it. Even with the crappy market right now, one could have made even just a couple of grand off of it.

My understanding is the dealer gave $16k for it.

Haven't heard from Brian as to if it's in his possesion yet.

brian3724

Established Member
Jason, the check cleared last week, but being in South Dakota, he had a hard time getting the shipping company to make a run up here to no man's land. I just got word last night that the car is set to ship on Friday, and the drive is 4-5 days, so next week, she should be here. Talk about a headache. It will all be worth it in the end though. By the way, congrats on your new purchase. Looks like a VERY nice Cobra. Been able to take it out yet? Any word on selling your Vibrant 93?

buddha93

Established Member
Still waiting, eh? I'll be here before you know it.

Ya, this new one is just sick. It's incredibly clean. Probably way to nice for me.....lol!

I really don't have the Red car priced to sell, so it's more then likely going to remain with me for a while. Damn the bad luck! :D

WillyB93

Established Member
Well the way i looked at my purchase of my latest car, It was with in 800 miles round trip of my house what color i was looking for, with in the mileage i was looking for. It was a little more than i first wanted to spend but a teal and black interior i figured i had to pay more for that anyways!

Last edited:

ktbanone

Established Member
My only question is why didn't you buy it. Even with the crappy market right now, one could have made even just a couple of grand off of it.

My understanding is the dealer gave $16k for it.

Haven't heard from Brian as to if it's in his possesion yet.

going through a divorce, and money is tied up.

WillyB93

Established Member
Yes that does suck!!! not that I've been married but wish i had the money to buy that red one!!!

oneof185

Established Member
Well the way i looked at my purchase of my latest car, It was with in 800 miles round trip of my house what color i was looking for, with in the mileage i was looking for. It was a little more than i first wanted to spend but a teal and black interior i figured i had to pay more for that anyways!

Distance sure does make it worth paying a little more for one that's closer. By the time you pay for shipping etc. Another reason I purchased the one from Wichita...Only 180 miles one way and Ryan was nice enough to trailer it about 70 miles too, making about 110 for me. By the time I got to the bank and he was off etc, it gave me enough time to get there, look at it in the light etc. Closest one I've ever bought.

buddha93

Established Member
Both of mine have come from Florida.....within a hour of each other.

I had the last one shipped, and while I was a litle apprehensive, it worked out. I paid the same to ship it up here compared to going and trailering it back.

Last edited:

WillyB93

Established Member
Well for me trailer hauling is a walk in the park, I drive a semi everyday and run 450 miles a day on my daily run. It only cost me like 200 dollars to haul a trailer over and haul my last car back 800 miles in a gas pick up. I drove the red one home from Kentucky, bought the 04 by Chicago and hauled it back, then hauled the teal and black from Illinois Iowa line.

Last edited:

buddha93

Established Member
It was actually more of a time issue for me this go around. The earliest I could have made the 1100 mile run would have been the end of next month to get the car. I didn't want the car to be sitting at this guys house when I had the cash out of my pocket already. Besides, I was anxious as hell to see the car in person.

I still have to make a burn down there to pick up the stock hood and exhaust. There is litteraly a truckload of stuff I'll be bringing back.

WillyB93

Established Member
I kinda wandered if you paid the transporter to haul that back with them or not??? I was kinda time crunched on my last purchase too I wanted to do the deal on a Sunday 3-29-10 but the guy was uncomfortable taking a chit load of Benjamins!!! So I just worked out the deal on the holiday of good Friday. I normally work like a mad man to support my hobbys lol!!!

Blachatch

Established Member
How is the car?? marshall goldman is right by me they sell nice cars.. they bought that car for like 17k from a private owner then just re sold it days later for 21k but it is a nice car

brian3724

Established Member
It's set to arrive early tomorrow afternoon. I'll post pics as soon as I can. You say they resold it for 21K. Are you referring to me buying the car or someone in between?

Users who are viewing this thread