1994-1996 Broncos - what are they worth?

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
Nice but ugh those mirrors...

I’m always skeptical of ads with one photo. Seems like many of them are scams.

Yeah, it's an XL model, so those are the factory mirrors. I prefer the look of the power mirrors myself, but it's something I can live without.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
You can buy anything and everything for these Broncos now so if you want to switch the mirrors you can switch the mirrors.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Good luck driftwood. What’s up with the lower section of the drivers door? And lip on the front fender?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
6300 for that? Holy shit I really do have to restore my truck if this is what the market is showing these days.

Even 3-4 years ago I would have called that a 2 grand truck at best.

Rusted-out worn-out Broncos have been pulling 2-4K for years. Solid ones with high miles are at least $6k. Double that for lower miles and nice factory paint. It’s crazy. But they’re still cool. Give me a 77-79 model any day. Love the front ends on them.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
The problem is the holes in the middle of the doors. I always hated those mirrors. Had them on my ‘94 F150 XLT. Nobody tows with a Bronco.

That's true. Easy fix, but you'd still have to do body and paint to fix it. I had to go look to see what mirrors I had because I thought I had those. I dont.

6300 for that? Holy shit I really do have to restore my truck if this is what the market is showing these days.

Even 3-4 years ago I would have called that a 2 grand truck at best.

Seriously! Im shopping right now and Im going to be dumping a good chunk of change in mine! Got all new cheap tires on it the other day so I can get it moving again, and I have been roadmapping and pricing out all the wheels, tires, lift, and other accessories Im going to do. I forgot how much fun it was to do that lol
Screenshot_20190306-213137_Gallery.jpg

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
That's true. Easy fix, but you'd still have to do body and paint to fix it. I had to go look to see what mirrors I had because I thought I had those. I dont.

Seriously! Im shopping right now and Im going to be dumping a good chunk of change in mine! Got all new cheap tires on it the other day so I can get it moving again, and I have been roadmapping and pricing out all the wheels, tires, lift, and other accessories Im going to do. I forgot how much fun it was to do that lol View attachment 1556414

That looks really solid, yet again being in Washington I'm not at all surprised

This was my truck back in better years. I have a NOS OEM bumper on standby to replace that trail damaged one

DSC_2650-X2.jpg

DSC_2648-X2.jpg

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
That looks really solid, yet again being in Washington I'm not at all surprised

This was my truck back in better years. I have a NOS OEM bumper on standby to replace that trail damaged one

View attachment 1556416

View attachment 1556417

Thanks! It has a lot of big flaws that aren't noticable from further away like that pic but they will be easy fixes. Im hoping to make it as clean as yours is. What size lift did you have? I'll probably go 6" but I have been seeing some with 4" and it almost looks like a better all around ride height for these.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Thanks! It has a lot of big flaws that aren't noticable from further away like that pic but they will be easy fixes. Im hoping to make it as clean as yours is. What size lift did you have? I'll probably go 6" but I have been seeing some with 4" and it almost looks like a better all around ride height for these.

4" and 35" tires. I think I went with this so I wouldn't have to deal with any steering angle issues, extending brake lines or driveline angle issues. It worked out fine and with the 35's I never got stuck.

It's been parked since I bought the Mustang, it doesn't look as nice anymore

20181226_141742-X2.jpg

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
4" and 35" tires. I think I went with this so I wouldn't have to deal with any steering angle issues, extending brake lines or driveline angle issues. It worked out fine and with the 35's I never got stuck.

It's been parked since I bought the Mustang, it doesn't look as nice anymore

View attachment 1556419

I think I might go with a 4in then. I thought you were going to say 6in cause it just appeared a little bit higher but I think it is more of what Im looking for. Im not a serious 4x4'er so I want something that is capable but mostly practical. I'll take it offroad but I dont really run in those circles so it would most be for if I go camping and do a little bit of exploring. Im more so interested in just having fun with the build.

As far as your 1/4 panel rot goes, if you dont do it yourself, just find a good body shop that has a guy who is a good fabricator. I had a tech who was still pretty green pull off a fab on an R32 GTR just like that but towards the rear of the 1/4 behind the wheel, and it came out perfect, you couldn't even tell. It is two tone though so you are going to have some extra paint labor there and they will have to blend the door, but it could be fixed pretty easily. Then again, it may be cheaper to do a new quarter panel with these. I really dont know on the Broncos.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I have a whole used but good fender a buddy of mine bought two years ago, been sitting at his shop in delaware (I still haven't seen it in person, just photos).

I plan on separating the body off the frame and doing the metal work as well as POR15'ing the frame.

I'm going to pull it apart and just see how the body is and go from there. If it wasn't for the fact these are worth so much money and mine is still pretty low miles (IIRC 127k) as well as being a 96 351W eddie bauer, I'd just part it out.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
I have a whole used but good fender a buddy of mine bought two years ago, been sitting at his shop in delaware (I still haven't seen it in person, just photos).

I plan on separating the body off the frame and doing the metal work as well as POR15'ing the frame.

I'm going to pull it apart and just see how the body is and go from there. If it wasn't for the fact these are worth so much money and mine is still pretty low miles (IIRC 127k) as well as being a 96 351W eddie bauer, I'd just part it out.

Exactly! With what they are going for it is actually worth it to dump the money in it because you will probably get most of it, if not all of it back. If they are this popular now I dont see why they would start to drop off any time soon, and I suspect as people buy them up for cheap we will start to see some really nice and rebuilt ones down the road for sale. Sort of like Fox bodies.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
I talked on the phone with the 93 XL owner (for $1500) and he said I was the first non-hispanic person to call. He said he had numerous calls asking if it would make it to the border.

Guess that might be driving prices up here?

Users who are viewing this thread