1994 Cobra, 72K Miles: What's It Worth?

Wease

I Love Beavers
Established Member
I found a possible good deal for a 1994 Cobra; 72K miles, no winters, no rust, all stock, never modded or raced:

DSC00253_1.JPG

Looks like it's been painted though, the right front fender looks to be a different color than the door. Still, looks to be in great shape. What do you guys think it's worth? :??:

TFStang

Established Member
I might be able to get it for $4500. Still a good deal?

If the car runs good and interior is in decent shape, $4500 is a steal with those miles. Look at what you are getting over a regular GT that will typically fetch close to that number:

Cobra intake
Cobra brakes
Gt 40 Heads
24lb injectors
Roller Rockers
White faced guages
Rims usually go for a round $600 or so per set if in good shape
Etc...

If you add just the stuff listed above, you have yourself a great buy in my opinion. If you didn't want it and it were closer to me I would pick it up in a heart beat!

Great platform to mod and have fun with. I say go for it!

Team Dave

I broke something
Established Member
First thing I noticed was the passenger door and fender don't match. I'd look into it deep if it were me. Inspect all the body lines, suspension, steering, etc. If you don't find anything and get a clean carfax, jump on that mofo. $4500 is a damn good deal if it's condition and history can back it up.

WHITE94COBRA1

Established Member
Check for vin numbers on the fender's and hood, I can show you where to look for em if you dont know. Mine was never in a accident, all my vin stickers are intact, but my paint faded pretty bad on the bumpers, so I had them repainted, it still didnt match perfectly, so I had the whole car redone.
I do agree it looks like 2 completly different red's though. Check all the normal spots for front end damage (hood latch area, under bumper there are 2 crumple zones on the front part of the frame (cannot be repaired only cut off and replaced, but it's obvious), fender bolt's, hood alignment, vin stickers, etc.)
4k is a good price if its in decent shape, hell I wont let mine go for less than 10k.

Rocsfinest97

Domestics > Imports
Established Member
Easiest way to tell for front end damage is the core support. Those are a asspain to change out and most people just bend/bondo them back into place.

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
i've gone to a Ford dealership and they've checked the paint with a meter to tell if it's been repainted before. Maybe you can get this done on the 94?? Wrecked or not wrecked....I'll take it for $4,000

Users who are viewing this thread