• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

1995 GT "two top" hardtop/convertible

Discussion in 'SN-95 and New Edge Mustangs' started by MrRush28, Nov 9, 2018 at 8:01 AM.

1. MrRush28

MrRush28 New Member

Looking at purchasing 1995 GT Convertible. It comes with what the owner says is a factory hardtop, just like the Cobra hardtop convertibles. The hardtop is identical to the Cobra ones Ive seen. The Cobra ones are pretty well documented. But I cannot find much info on a optional removable hardtop on a GT or non-Cobra. Car is definitely a GT, the VIN confirms it. I was wondering if anyone had any info on these non-Cobra two top Mustangs. I cannot find much at all. A facebook group is telling me its definitely not factory... Thanks for any info.

2. ashleyroachclip

ashleyroachclip Well-Known Member Established Member

I cant say I have seen any in person , but I believe there were Gt's with that hard top option also.
    There was one on craigslist here , about a year ago .

3. Revvv

Revvv Infinity Poster Established Member

Yes, there was a factory hardtop convertible. The top was not retractable, it was only removable.

Sent from my [trashcan S5] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

4. ashleyroachclip

ashleyroachclip Well-Known Member Established Member

And the top comes with a very handy cart to store the top on ..

5. TimKonaGT500

TimKonaGT500 Member Established Member

If I remember back in the day, that was offered as an option on any Mustang that year. I have no many how many people got that because I am sure it was pricey.

If you can get some documentation from Ford based on the VIN to verify that was indeed factory installed on a GT it may be a pretty rare GT.