1998 BAB Cobra(GI)

FATPAUL

To The Bat-Mobile!
Established Member
I backed out once but i have to.

Gauging Interest!

Alrite guys after this last past weekend trouble finally caught up to me and now may be forcing me to sell my baby. :shrug:.

This is hands down one of the baddest SN95 Cobra's on the boards
. :bowdown:

I finally got all the quirks and little issues worked out so i could get it on the streets. I havnt really even gotten to drive the car do to a title situation and some problems. I had it go straight into the shop for modding for all of the fall(1/12/08-6/28/08 in a garage). Its exactly the way i purchased it, just more streetable.

#3392 of 5174 the 1998 Cobras....
Only 563 Bright Atlantic Blue cobras were made. We all know they are a rare find much less rare to find one modified to this extent.

cfd-1.jpg

mea.jpg

02-05-08_1704.jpg

Exterior

- DD Rims/Tires - 03 Cobra Wheels / BFG G-force Sport Tires(front and new rear tires rotated and balanced 7/2/08)
- Springs - BBK springs
- Rear suspension - Steeda upper and lower control arms, KYB shocks, urethane bushings
- Front suspension - Tokico 5 way adjustable drag struts
- Brakes - cross drilled rotors
- Kenny Brown sub frame connectors
- Saleen S281 spoiler
- New fog lights

INTERIOR

- Door handles painted to match exterior, Speedo bezel also painted
- A-pillar guages - Auto Meter Phantom boost and Fuel guages
- MGW ****in' Fast Shift Knob
- MGW Satin Headlight Knob
- MGW Cobra Cigarette Lighter
- Autometer Shift light
- 6pt. Kenny Brown roll cage

Power and Driveline

- Engine - Engine was bored 0.030 over, Manley H-beams, DSS blower pistons with 8.5-1 compression.
- Vortech S-Trim Supercharger
- 42lbs. injectors with a lightning 90mm Mass air meter
- 03 Cobra T56 Tranny w/ 26 spline input shaft / mcleod tob retainer
- Spec stage 3+ clutch kit
- SCT XCAL2 Tuned by RWTD
- Walboro 255 fuel pump with T-rex pump
- Bassani 3" stainless custom tuned catback(no baffles)
- Bassani X-pipe
- FRPP shroty ceramic coated headers
- MGW Short Throw Shifter
- Custom Line-Loc Set up
- 4:10 gears with Auburn differential
- Moser 31 spline axles
- 03 Cobra driveshaft
- Driveshaft loop
- ARP Rear Studs
- DM Speed Cal

I am sure theres more modifications that are being left out.

The T56 has under 2300 miles and the clutch set up has less than 1500. Jon(lownslowneon) went with the 26 spline inputshaft and mcleod throw out bearing retainer while the transmission was out. The MGW shifter has less than 800 miles on it... no transmission grinds at all. Only thing with the T56 is I don't have the reverse lock out solenoid so you have to put effort into shifting into reverse. It's no big deal to me as I am use to it.

Powerwise/QuarterMile Stuff

The car made 450hp and 407tq. (Previous owner) ran 11.7 @ 116 with the stock T45 in it going out. This car is fast, i mean dead fast. I hardly ever get on it and well i love driving it down the highway. Its litteraly smooth everywhere.

The car has 96,000 miles on it so it shows a little wear. It has some rock chips in the front bumper and hood but nothing major. The car has maybe 2-3 small dings over the entire body.

Downsides / Cons :

The windshield had a rock chip that spread in the far right corner and went straight up. Lownslowneon had a shop fill it so it's not very noticeable from the outside and won't spread anymore. I can hardly notice it.

It could use a new tune to fix some quirks.... car is tuned great at WOT but could not hurt to be tossed on a dyno and iron out the little things out.

You wont find a nicer BAB than this one.

I put more than enough into the car and ill entertain anything around 13,000 OBO.......:eek:

PM for more pics and ect.

Thanks paul

Last edited:

LowNSlowNeon

Established Member
Good luck with $14,000...

But yes this car is very fast...

The 11 second time slip was with the T45... in the video you can see the nose diving down every shift. Granny shifting hard core... lol

LowNSlowNeon

Established Member
thebabatclinic.jpg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGyZjXH3b58"]YouTube - BAB Highlight Video[/ame]

I imagine the car is much faster now as well... it had a belt just a smidgen too large for it.. and would not boost like it should have been. I was only hitting round 8ish lbs of boost + the tranny woes...

Thing should be a beast now....

You're going to regret selling it.

Last edited:

k4u2luz2

Established Member
Hey guys - You guys are killing me, it was bad enough when I sold it to lownslow, then when it sold to fatpaul...but now for sale again??? How much for the original owner to purchase it back again?

FATPAUL

To The Bat-Mobile!
Established Member
I received a pm wanting to know if it is reliable on a long trip(pick up and drive home) YES! This car loves the highway. It drove smoothly and comfortable and cruising at 70mph the drone from the exhaust isn't loud at all. The first owner drove from michigan to florida, raced, then drove home with no problems. This car is a jewl.

FATPAUL

To The Bat-Mobile!
Established Member
I'd sell it 10,500 broken.

But its not.

12k is my lowest price.

Last edited:

EVO-lution

Established Member
pssshhh.....awesome awesome car. running mid 11's too. nice car you got. wish i had the money for this car as well as mine :(........unless you want to trade :p

Users who are viewing this thread