1998 Cobra, Fully Built, Turbo, 6spd, low miles

94venomV8

Established Member
CAR IS SOLD!!! Thanks SVTP

Hey guys/gals, I am selling my 98 Cobra now, not because I want to but because I have no choice. A girl totaled my daily driver and now am forced to part with this ASAP. I have been building this car for about a year and a half and have left nothing short, everything I've bought for the car is quality. I will start by saying now, the car does need some finishing, as I was planning on doing it and driving it around but with the situation I am in with two kids I have to get a car to get around first and foremost. First I will give the long parts list and then describe below what needs done. Here we go

Car:
1998 Cobra with 53XXX original miles on it
Laser Red
Clean/Clear title
Always garaged since I have owned it, I'm 3rd owner
Have title in hand

Engine:
Shortblock
Teksid factory Block bored .020 over
Factory Cobra crank which was polished and like new
Manley H-beam rods from MMR
Forged MMR/Manley pistons which are 8.5:1 compression
All rings and bearings are the same as MMR900 kit
ARP2000 rod bolts
ARP2000 main studs
ARP2000 head studs
High Volume MMR Billet oil pump
All new timing chains and tensioners
Heads
B heads all work done by Todd Warren(NASVT)
Ported/Polished
Bowls cleaned up
Valve job with FR500 valves installed
New springs and retainers with spacers to compensate for valve float under high boost
stock 98 cobra cams degreed to 116 intake and 108 exhaust per Todd Warren
Comp Cams adjustable billet primary cam sprokets
Cloyles adjustable secondary cam sprocket

Turbo Kit
Turbonetics T76 Turbo with .96 A/R exhaust
Custom Coldside with aluminum piping to the front inlet intake
Tial 50mm BOV
Tial 44mm Wastegate
Treadstone 3" front mount intercooler
Custom Vbands made by clampco so the hot side seals good
3" down pipe with bung welded for AFR gauge
Hotside is MMR kit which has been tweaked to fit a little better, kit with the headers not stock exhaust manifolds
AEM Boost controller gauge(digital)

Misc
Everything powder coated and looks new
Custom Front inlet B head intake 1 off
BBK dual throttle body
FRPP A/C pump delete
Brand new FRPP coil on plugs(car has been converted to COP instead of packs)
Ford GT COP covers
Misc billet covers from UPR

Fuel System:
Tank sumped with Weldon external race pump (whisper quiet model)
10AN feed to pump, 8AN from pump, 6AN return
Aeromotive A1000 regulator
All black AN fittings everywhere
UPR 1/2" billet fuel rails
80lbs FRPP Fuel injectors
built to run E85 or pump

Transmission and cooling:
Trans
T56 6 speed from 03 cobra
upgraded 26 spline input shaft
Syncros, shift fork 3-4, new bearings and seals
Custom Driveshaft for conversion balanced and perfect
Spec 3+ clutch
Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel
MGW shifter
new FRPP throwout bearing
new shift fork slider
FRPP firewall adjuster
FRPP double hook quadrant
Cooling
Mishimoto 3 core radiator
Gt lower rad hose
Got rid of the thermostat in lower hose and replaced it in upper hose with a meziere billet stat housing and 180 stat

Rearend:
Fully Built with Detroit Locker 31 spline diff with Helical gears instead of clutch packs
31 Spline moser axles
Heavy Duty Diff Cover (UPR)
New bearings, seals and also replaced crush sleeve with the reusable solid one from LMR
Extreme Race rearend bracing from CHE, goes all around the rearend

Suspension:
UPR K-member kit with coil over conversion
Tokico 5 way adjustable shocks all around
UPR upper and lower control arms in rear
CHE rear shock tower brace
Subframe connectors
UPR 3 bolt caster/camber plates
cross drilled/slotted zinc plated rotors on all four corners.
Urethane mounts for motor and trans.

Interior:
Converted to 03 cobra dark charcoal interior
Billet UPR accents
AEM wideband AFR gauge
AEM boost controller gauge
03 cobra pedals
in dash DVD player
Pioneer 10" sub
Pioneer amp
all dash lights converted to blue LED bulbs
Dash is still the stock dash which was painted charcoal, however I do have the 03 cobra dash to install just haven't had time

Exterior:
brand new back tail lights from ford painted to match laser red
smoked head/fog lights
saleen s281 wing
The paint on the car I would rate the lowest on the car out of anything. I bought it like this from the last guy on here and it does have chips/scratches, there is spider-webbing on the rear drivers corners in the paint as well as on the front passenger from the previous owner bumping something with it. Lastly there is a dent in the front passenger fender where the previous owner said a golf ball hit it. Other then that the car looks great from 10 feet. I am an honest person and the last owner didnt tell me this stuff and I am not going to let someone think they are getting a perfect paint job when if I kept it I would repaint at some point. It is a clean car don't get me wrong but I am a perfectionist when it comes to that stuff.

Extras:
Has new chrome saleen reps with new rubber(maybe 1000 miles on setup)
nitto 305/35/18 drag radials out back
sumitumo 265/35/18 fronts
Diablo MAFia
SCT2400 MAF
Magnaflow stainless catback
battery is relocated to trunk via UPR aluminum box
Also has push/pull cut switch that goes through back with hole drilled in passenger tail light, but I do have brand new tail lights for when not at the track.
Has a N2MB two step installed and is located in the glove compartment.
03 cobra dash in case you ever want to change it out.

Now for what needs finished, I have most of the car done, however it still needs a final tune, I was having a problem with the car after I sent the chip out for a break in tune. The tuner has told me it may need a new computer or to be reflashed. The theft light blinks and shuts off the radio and stuff even with the chip out of the computer. Also there are misc. things that need finished such as the car needing aligned since the k-member and suspension is all new and not driven on yet. The car I am sure will need minor things like trouble shooting as with any new build but nothing major and shouldn't need any extra parts. The way the car sits now is without a front bumper as I was waiting to put it back on until the car ran good and to check for leaks in cold side and what not. I will continue working on the car in the mean time and will get closer and closer to being finished completely. When it comes time for the car to be finished and tuned I will be raising the price obviously from where its at. As of now I have receipts and have over 20K into this car.

I will be starting the price out at $12,000 cash or trade for a Ford Explorer Sport trac and cash. I can tell you I am firm on the price and won't budge much. The car needs hardly any work and could be finished in a good weekend. I am forgetting a lot of stuff in this build I know, but if you have any questions please let me know. Thanks

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

Last edited:

2001GTTT

Yellow is faster
Established Member
I have a 2004 mercury mountaineer premier AWD 4.0 v6white on gold/brownish two tone loaded except for a moonroof. just turned 95k had new plugs/wires, electronic throttle body, tires, fuel filter, two new cats, and new brakes (rotors and pads) 18 percent tint all the way around. im getting 15 mpg city and 22 to 24 highway. has third row seating and tan leather. runs perfect and needs nothing. it also just got inspected one week ago with no issues. let me know if interested via pm.

97novi2k

Established Member
PM Sent.....would love a few things if you part it out....make way more back....

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member
U should finish it up then sell it. my friend on here who has a 98 cobra fully built 5.4 making 1000rwhp can't get $17k for his. Turn key needs nothing street car.

94venomV8

Established Member
I know guys, this isn't a decision I wanted to make trust me. I will regret this one everyday of my life Im sure, this car was everything I wanted in a mustang. Life sucks sometimes, and my family must come first at this point. I will be back with a turbo cobra someday I can promise that.

94venomV8

Established Member
Thanks guys, I am possibly thinking about doing the whole parting thing. My biggest issue with that is that I would be stuck with a body of a car with a clean title and no one would want it. I may be up for making a FS thread in parts just to see what people want and what the prices add up to.

1bad95

Established Member
Sucks to see these type of threads man, sweet car! Maybe be able to sell some parts to buy a new Daily and not need to sell the whole car

94venomV8

Established Member
Yea Im just going to get out of cars for a bit. I want to get debt free except my house and then will probably buy a shelby or something down the road. I don't want to keep pieces of a car in the way for years because it will never get done. I know how I am.

F8L BYT

Established Member
Good luck man, Sad to see it go but someone will enjoy it and will have an awesome car!

if we can work on price. Im interested. pm me

Work on price? Did you really just say that? That is a steal for that car. I can't believe he is selling it for that cheap but I understand the situation and why he needs to.

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
Good luck man, Sad to see it go but someone will enjoy it and will have an awesome car!

Work on price? Did you really just say that? That is a steal for that car. I can't believe he is selling it for that cheap but I understand the situation and why he needs to.
Then y don't u buy it? Easy to talk smack when u have no money or any real intrest in it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

harvboi05

Established Member
sick deal. woulda saved me dozens of thousands of dollars if i picked this up instead of my own. GLWS.

Users who are viewing this thread