1999 Cobra, Rebuilt Title, $5,000

cobrafrank

Established Member
Alright, I replaced the battery. The old battery was so dead that the car just wouldn't start.

The car now starts and runs. Disregard the fact that I said in the video "it might be the alternator." I just had that tested and was told the alternator is fine, so some alternative source is draining the battery. And of course, there's still the oil leak.

Here's a video that I just took:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkoOqlQW-Js"]99 Mustang Cobra, Starting, Revving - For Sale - YouTube[/nomedia]

nocobrafornow

Established Member
if the motor has a 3 year 100,000 mile warranty shouldn't that cover the oil leak. did you buy a complete reman or did you swap your old pan over? is it a ford reman? if not who's is it? thanks

cobrafrank

Established Member
Yes, completely manufactured. Was purchased from Engines Direct on Ebay. They have over 20,000 positive feedback.

The warranty does cover it, but it only covers $30 per hour at a shop. All shops that I've checked have wanted at least $75 - $85 an hour for the repairs, so I'd still be out of pocket by a decent amount.

cobrafrank

Established Member
Valve cover gasket needs replaced; that's where the oil leak is coming from. I'm not sure what's causing the battery drain, but I know the battery and alternator are good. Convertible top has a small (4-5 inch) slit in the middle. Driver and passenger doors have key marks. That's everything that needs done

Users who are viewing this thread