1999 Cobra, Supercharged, Blk/Blk $11,000

S2-Raw

Established Member

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/car/625654363.html

S7300139.jpg

I'm selling my Black 1999 Mustang Cobra Coupe with a 2003 Cobra Front end, 65,000 original miles and a CLEAN title. This vehicle was involved in a 35 mph Front-end collision back in 2005 but was never totaled. I have Car Fax records, Police Report proving the speed and on scene cell phone pictures taken to further confirm the damage was not major and vehicle does in fact hold a CLEAN TITLE.

EXTERIOR:
The car features a 100% OEM from Ford 2003 Cobra front bumper, headlights, fog lights, chin spoiler and hood. The rear spoiler has been removed.

ENGINE:
The motor internals are factory but features a Paxton Supercharger and Front Mount Inner Cooler. It last made 445 WHP and 367 ft/tq on the dyno and has been tuned for streetabilty. First pass on dyno was 499 WHP but being that this was a Daily Driver, it was tuned down to a less strenuous 445 WHP. There is much more HP that can be made if re-tuned. However it is set up for the up most reliability/fuel economy at the moment. This car has been featured in Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords magazine, and Bay Detail Concepts.

SUSPENSION/WHEELS/TIRES/BRAKES:
Complete Griggs Racing Road Course Suspension. Including Grigss Coilovers, Subframe connectors and Griggs specific Koni Adjustable Shock absorbers. The Wheels are Steeda Ultra Lights in 18X9 with 285/35 and 245/35 Nitto NT555 tires. Braking is powered by the OEM Brembo “Cobra” brake calipers and Slotted front rotors from “FrozenRotors.com”

INTERIOR:
All stock except for Corbeau TRS driver/passenger seats, Protec Racing Harnesses, Grant Steering wheel (No air Bag)with a Momo Quick release hub and Steeda Short throw shifter. Brand New OEM 2003 Cobra Floor Mats.

MAINTENANCE:
This vehicle has been extremely well maintained. Maintenance wise, everything is up to date and go to go. Rear differential fluid, Transmission fluid, brake fluid; Fuel filter and oil changes intervals are all current with records. Tires, Brakes and Clutch are in great condition and WILL NOT need replacing anytime soon.

ITEMS THAT NEED ATTENTION:
There are a few small door dings here and there, nothing major the car is very straight, I'm just being honest.
The windshield/wiper cover has a small crack, which curves to the side. (It will not get any bigger, the crack goes to the side, not up the glass, it’s been that way for over 1 Year) The airbags have been removed, however the SRS unit has been reset and still functions properly.

FINAL SUMMARY:
Other then the issues mentioned above under “Items that need attention”, the car needs nothing. As stated above, the accident was back in 2005 and the car has driven absolutely flawless for the past 3 years after the accident. I am the second owner of this vehicle and purchased it in January of 2005. The original owner was my employer’s wife and this car was used as her Sunday Driver. Adult female owned from 1999 – 2005.

As far as the collision goes, it was not major. The suspension, wheels, steering, motor and frame all were inspected by Ford and confirmed to be untouched during the collision. Only body panels were replaced. I can assure you this car was repaired correctly by high-qualified technicians using ONLY 100% OEM Genuine Ford parts and still holds a CLEAN TITLE with carfax records to confirm.

It is Very reliable, passes smog, and drives smooth and strong. I hate to let it go but I'm afraid I just can't afford two cars at the moment with all my up coming expenses.

Please only call if serious. Absolutely NO test drives WHATSOEVER.

Leo
650-580-8001

EDIT: Added some pictures

30 seconds after the accident.
0102040103090104072008033148d32edde188ea6d700083d5.jpg

What the car looks like now
01150301041001160420080331c5aa0b173b4fbff6d00008ac.jpg

Engine
0115060103000104062008033156624b4814357f0eed00de3b.jpg

Picture160.jpg

S7300138.jpg

S7300144.jpg

cobra-1.jpg

S7300145.jpg

S7300150.jpg

bkcorner.jpg

IMG_2593.jpg

Last edited:

SRV1

Established Member
How is anyone going to buy a car if you do not let them test drive it?

James

S2-Raw

Established Member
The car drives like a 500 HP Cobra with Griggs Racing suspension.

If you don't know what a 500 HP Cobra with Griggs Racing suspesion feels like then you shouldn't buy my car. Go find a GT. This isn't a car for a 16 year old kid who wants to show off to his friends. I plan to sell it to either a resposible adult or a previous Cobra owner.

I'm not in hurry to sell and I'm asking a great price. I'll let a serious buyer drive it after he shows me he has $11,000 cash in his pocket and clearly wants my car.

Fast 96 Asp

Established Member
I sell all my cars like that
"Can I test drive it?"
"Sure can! Show me $11,000 cash or certified bank check"

triglet

Established Member
no test drive without money in hand. sorry im not going to the bank and get the loan or im not coming to your house with 11,000 dollars without at least driving the car first. what about test rides?? lol

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Nice car, but not everyone can afford griggs suspension. You and a few other are very luckly, but to say "if you haven't driven a 500hp cobra with griggs suspension go buy a GT" is kind of a rude comment to make. I understand selling it to a 17yr old kid who has never driven a high hp car but the comment could be taken in the wrong way and hurt your sale. Good luck though and nice car, wish I had 11k to buy it..

VetteC501

Established Member
Pretty much consider it pending since this is exactly what I am looking for. I'll give you a call tomorrow and well talk details.

-Ryan

S2-Raw

Established Member
I understand selling it to a 17yr old kid who has never driven a high hp car but the comment could be taken in the wrong way and hurt your sale. Good luck though and nice car, wish I had 11k to buy it..

Perhaps some may consider my attitude toward selling my car "rude" however, keep in mind I am not a used car sales man and do not need to "make a sale" to earn a living. So while you say I may be "hurting my sale" I consider it deterring low-balling, joy ride-wanting buyers as best as possible.

If someone needs to drive my car just to decide if they want a supercharged cobra than it sounds like they haven't made up their mind on what car they are looking for yet and they're just looking to get a "feel" for how it would be to own a modified Cobra. I don't want someone like that buying, looking at or driving my car. That sounds more like a perfect candidate for a nice used GT with flowmasters.

I'm looking for a buyer who has driven, been driven in or knows for sure they want a Supercharged Cobra. The only reason they would need to drive mine is just to confirm it's not a lemon.

EDIT: ADDED A FEW NEW PICTURES

Last edited:

FATPAUL

To The Bat-Mobile!
Established Member
Hehe i was 17 when i bought my s/c cobra....

Im 18 now and i have owned 2 s/c cobras, no problems here lol

Nice car Gl man, i wouldnt even let a 17y/o buy mine.

Last edited:

longrodLX

Established Member
badass car. Def some of the best parts were used. But you have a horrible attitude and theres no need for it whether you need to sell the car or not. I wouldnt let anyone test drive any of the cars I was selling unless they were serious and had the cash. and I dont test cars to see how fast they are or for a joyride. I feel the car and you can usually tell a lot about a car when driving it like vibrations or rattles, etc. Awesome car good luck with the sale. Probably one of the baddest cobras for sale here

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Perhaps some may consider my attitude toward selling my car "rude" however, keep in mind I am not a used car sales man and do not need to "make a sale" to earn a living. So while you say I may be "hurting my sale" I consider it deterring low-balling, joy ride-wanting buyers as best as possible.

If someone needs to drive my car just to decide if they want a supercharged cobra than it sounds like they haven't made up their mind on what car they are looking for yet and they're just looking to get a "feel" for how it would be to own a modified Cobra. I don't want someone like that buying, looking at or driving my car. That sounds more like a perfect candidate for a nice used GT with flowmasters.

I'm looking for a buyer who has driven, been driven in or knows for sure they want a Supercharged Cobra. The only reason they would need to drive mine is just to confirm it's not a lemon.

EDIT: ADDED A FEW NEW PICTURES

I understand and respect where your coming from, but still your attitude doesn't have to be a sales person friendly but it should be nice. How much Griggs suspension do you have?? Also I just noticed that the passenger side airbag has been deployed. I'm not to sure if you know or not but it's close to 2k to fix that. Also is the car salvaged even though the airbag is not fixed?? I thought that they had to be fixed in order to get a clean title..

Last edited:

SRV1

Established Member
The car drives like a 500 HP Cobra with Griggs Racing suspension.

If you don't know what a 500 HP Cobra with Griggs Racing suspesion feels like then you shouldn't buy my car. Go find a GT. This isn't a car for a 16 year old kid who wants to show off to his friends. I plan to sell it to either a resposible adult or a previous Cobra owner.

I'm not in hurry to sell and I'm asking a great price. I'll let a serious buyer drive it after he shows me he has $11,000 cash in his pocket and clearly wants my car.

I see your concern and I do partially agree but how does anyone know if everything is ok without test driving it? Just because you said so? I'am selling my car and I would not let someone test drive it unless I see some kind of cash or they seem to be responsible. I will also go with them when thy test drive. No one is going to hand over any money to you unless they test drive it. I would never buy a car without test driving it and I do believe no one else on this board will either. Good luck with your sale.

James

Red99SVT

Established Member
So then I guess you shouldn't be viewing this thread then should you?

Thanks for your waste of a post.

Dont say it was "fixed right" then. Did you not have enough money to put the airbags in? Your attitude is terrible and the car will probably not pass inspection in some states with the bags being deployed, sorry.

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
Damn this is a nice car! Can you PM with your bottom dollar, also if you can explain the air bag thing too I would appreciate it (although I don't think it would be a problem in Michigan). Thanks

S2-Raw

Established Member
Thanks for all the interest. However alot of people seem to be running around in circles and making the same irrelevant comments such as "why aren’t the air bags replaced or why do you have such a bad attitude?"

For the third time, The car has NO AIR bags. If that bothers you, don’t buy my car. It passes emissions in a California State Referee emission station just fine without them. Needless to mention, Supplement Restraint Systems have nothing to do with emissions equipment.

And finally for those who say I have a bad attitude about selling car, you’re correct. I’m not happy about selling my car; so don’t expect me to pretend to be. However keep in mind, my bad attitude has kept away countless tire kickers and low balers already. It’s only been one day since my car has been posted and I’ve only received 3 calls/emails, all of which have been, “Will you take $10,000?” rather than 30 phone calls of “ Does the interior look nice?”

I’m not here to be your friendly car sales man folks. And I’m not here to teach you about Mustangs. That’s what your local used Ford dealer is for. I honestly don’t have the time to show my car to 13 different people who are trying to decide if a modified Cobra is right for them.

I’m looking for someone who already knows for sure what they want, a supercharged Mustang Cobra. Not someone who wants to test drive it, then go take a LS1 TA for a drive the next day and compare which one he likes better. Do your homework and test drives on someone else car. Call me when you know for sure you want a Modded Cobra.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread