1st 2015 GT to hit the track and dyno!

Felix C

Established Member
Camaro is ugly unless one likes the 1967-1969 bodystyle gone obese with a chopped top. The interior is just plain bizarre.
2015 Mustang traps 112-113mph. Seems reasonable. IRS is difficult to launch.

Last edited:

FATHERFORD

Established Member
I own both, a 14 & 15 gt. They feel about the same powerwise to me. Still quick and snappy. No one is going to hop in one and tell the difference with a "buttdyno"

My 14 with only a magnaflow catback did 353rwhp with 700ish miles. My 15 did 379 bone stock with 110 miles. There are videos popping up of a factory 11-14 racing 15's and they are trapping the same mph. Its going to take some learning how to launch the irs. The 15 is virtualy as fast as the 14 model.

I love the look of my 14, it's an awesome looking car. It satisfied my desire of buying a 70 mach 1. It looks like raw muscle especially for a pony car. The 15 is one dead sexy looking sports car. I cant even tell you how many people thought it was some kind of "exotic" when I had it parked at northstar raceway during the big 275 race. Whats wrong with it having a "fusion" front end? I always thought those were nice looking cars.

The interior is leaps and bounds ahead of the 14. Fit, finish, quality materials, features, room, quiteness, I could write a book. The seats are 100% better then my 14 seats.

Ride quality of the 15 reminds me of my wifes licoln MKT. So smooth now. This was actually the first thing I noticed. I never experienced any wheel hop on the street. Drove on bumpy roads with turns and never felt the rear end bump around on me.

A lot of the car reminds me of my wifes tuned(450/500 flywheel rating) ecoboost Lincoln MKT. The interior is just as nice (if not nicer), ride quality is the same, but the stang has the quickness and speed as the outgoing 14 model.

If you are a dedicated straight line racer, that will sacrafice everything for that tenth or two in the 1/4, the 11-14 is for you.

Every other option, the 15 is a better car.

Todd03Blown

Established Member
We havent seen the new one, the 5th gen isnt horrible. lol the 15 mustang isnt anything to brag about looks wise either.

I disagree. I would not take the 15 or the upcoming 16...it looks to be very similiar to the gen5 but maybe smaller. The interior is also hideous. No clue what the Gen6 will be from an interior standpoint but would not buy it anyway. I love the 15 and think Ford hit a huge home run with this car, so much so, I ordered on 5/20. That is what makes our opinions so great...We all have different ones.

Branhammer

Established Member
I'm impressed with the numbers, honestly. They'll get better when people figure out the IRS. I'm impressed with the suspension and the interior. I will be test driving a 2014 and 2015, but since it's going to be a DD, I anticipate the 2015 appealing to me more. But I might change my mind if the 2014 is a much better price. They're offering about $2000 off and 0% interest on 2014's.

Bald Menace

Established Member
I own both, a 14 & 15 gt. They feel about the same powerwise to me. Still quick and snappy. No one is going to hop in one and tell the difference with a "buttdyno"

My 14 with only a magnaflow catback did 353rwhp with 700ish miles. My 15 did 379 bone stock with 110 miles. There are videos popping up of a factory 11-14 racing 15's and they are trapping the same mph. Its going to take some learning how to launch the irs. The 15 is virtualy as fast as the 14 model.

I love the look of my 14, it's an awesome looking car. It satisfied my desire of buying a 70 mach 1. It looks like raw muscle especially for a pony car. The 15 is one dead sexy looking sports car. I cant even tell you how many people thought it was some kind of "exotic" when I had it parked at northstar raceway during the big 275 race. Whats wrong with it having a "fusion" front end? I always thought those were nice looking cars.

The interior is leaps and bounds ahead of the 14. Fit, finish, quality materials, features, room, quiteness, I could write a book. The seats are 100% better then my 14 seats.

Ride quality of the 15 reminds me of my wifes licoln MKT. So smooth now. This was actually the first thing I noticed. I never experienced any wheel hop on the street. Drove on bumpy roads with turns and never felt the rear end bump around on me.

A lot of the car reminds me of my wifes tuned(450/500 flywheel rating) ecoboost Lincoln MKT. The interior is just as nice (if not nicer), ride quality is the same, but the stang has the quickness and speed as the outgoing 14 model.

If you are a dedicated straight line racer, that will sacrafice everything for that tenth or two in the 1/4, the 11-14 is for you.

Every other option, the 15 is a better car.

353 seems awful low for hp, is that corrected or uncorrected hp?

Users who are viewing this thread