1st 2015 GT to hit the track and dyno!

Deespeed99

Established Member
Weighed in at 3700 without driver! Check it out!

[youtube_browser]RRB4SYltXTs[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

Deespeed99

Established Member
Sorry I couldn't meet you there. I was so wrapped up with the turbo coyote stuff It was hard to catch up with everyone there.

old_goat

Established Member
Time slips are at the end of the vid. Two runs were 13.0 @ 112

With these two great passes, the Camaro and Challenger fan boys are giggling and high fiving each other. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It looks like we have a 2015 Mustang GT triumvirate. Slower, heavier, and more expensive.

One step forward, two steps back.

Not hating, just replying to the postings that were made. The bone stock Mustang GT should be in the 12.7 range. One night I took out my brand new MT-82 2013 Mustang GT (it was traded for a 2013 auto) and I hadn't driven a standard shift car in years and finally managed a 12.98 before the night was over. I mean, this was a regular guy who didn't have any concept of speed shifting, or how to launch a manual. http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...manual-car&p=12334284&viewfull=1#post12334284

I just hope we can get some more cars on the road, then to the track, so we can get a better sample test of the true performance potential of this car. As of now, I'm not seeing 'it'. What happened to the extra 15 horsepower? Was that to balance out for the weight increase or what?

Last edited:

13GT5.0

Established Member
With these two great passes, the Camaro and Challenger fan boys are giggling and high fiving each other. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It looks like we have a 2015 Mustang GT triumvirate. Slower, heavier, and more expensive.

Not hating, just replying to the postings that were made. The bone stock Mustang GT should be in the 12.7 range. One night I took out my brand new MT-82 2013 Mustang GT (it was traded for a 2013 auto) and I hadn't driven a standard shift car in years and finally managed a 12.98 before the night was over. I mean, this was a regular guy who didn't have any concept of speed shifting, or how to launch a manual. http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...manual-car&p=12334284&viewfull=1#post12334284

I just hope we can get some more cars on the road, then to the track, so we can get a better sample test of the true performance potential of this car. As of now, I'm not seeing 'it'. What happened to the extra 15 horsepower? Was that to balance out for the weight increase or what?

Remember when the LT1 came to the scene in 93? That's the last time Ford ever saw the front of a camaro.......fast foward to 2011 and now it seems its going to repeat this again. Alpha camaro will be a mid 12 car unless GM royally ****s up.

PC03GT

Established Member
I wouldn't worry about, once these cars are modded they're going to ****ing monsters!

old_goat

Established Member
I wouldn't worry about, once these cars are modded they're going to ****ing monsters!

We already have a car that with minor bolt ons is a high 11 second car. Let me add a 3200 torque converter and a good tune along with all the mods I have and I'm in the mid 11 second range.

Todd03Blown

Established Member

The rags have already ran [email protected]...

auto02

Motivator
Established Member
Sure hope Ford steps it up with the revision in a few years after the new Camaro comes out, hopefully it at least does what the corner carvers will expect it to do...

Sapperstang

Established Member

You know despite what many think here, quarter mile times are not everything.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member

x2 exactly..so wheres the extra 15hp? its slower if not anyfaster and heavier then the older models, not impressed so now its slower then a new stock camaro :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread