1st 2015 GT to hit the track and dyno!

bpmurr

Established Member
Bunch of haters on this thread. The S550 is just as fast in a straight line as the S197. It's now more refined and handles better. I'd take a 15 S550 GT over a 14 S197 GT any day! Give folks time to learn the car and you'll see better numbers. They've had 10 years with the S197 platform and a week with the S550.

Last edited:

Todd03Blown

Established Member
Bunch of haters on this thread. The S550 is just as fast in a straight line as the S197. It's now more refined and handles better. I'd take a 15 S550 GT over a 14 S197 GT any day! Give folks time to learn the car and you'll see better numbers. They've had 10 years with the S197 platform and a week with the S550.

Soooooooooo TRUE!!!

old_goat

Established Member
:nonono:

I just love to be called a 'hater' just because I have a different opinion. :nonono:

I also stated that we needed more cars on the road and track to get a greater amount of cars to get a fair sample test and more numbers. I also have an opinion, and it's simply this, at this point I'm not impressed. Does this make me a hater? No, it makes me apprehensive.

I just have an opinion that every generation of car should be better than the last. Not just a little bit better, but far better. The engineers and builders have had years to work on this. At this point I'm not seeing it. Look at the C7 Vette vs. the C6, there's a lot of love for the C7 as the improvements between the two generations were massive. There is a lot of love for the new Challengers vs. the last years version, and this isn't including the Hellcat.

Since 2011, the Mustang GT has been the very best bang for the buck. Period and end of story. I can't help but wonder if both the Challenger SRT and Camaro SS have closed the gap. The 2013/2014 Mustang GT was one mean and aggressive looking car, but this newer version just isn't nearly as aggressive looking as those cars.

Lastly and just making a comment about normal drivers (not racers).........how many will really notice the difference the IRS makes? Probably not many.

As I mentioned earlier. We (I still drive a Mustang) need more of the newest generation of cars on the road, and getting slips from the local track to see what we really have.

Last edited:

Rct851

Established Member
Shouldn't trap speed be what it's going to be right out of the box? since these cars that have been run so far are stock it's safe to assume that's what is being criticized. Doesn't take 10 years to see what it's trapping stock. More like 10 passes.

I think the new car is great but some consistent 113-114mph runs would be nice.

In before Thomas says its a euro road car and drag racing doesn't matter

Rct851

Established Member
:nonono:

I just love to be called a 'hater' just because I have a different opinion. :nonono:

I also stated that we needed more cars on the road and track to get a greater amount of cars to get a fair sample test and more numbers. I also have an opinion, and it's simply this, at this point I'm not impressed. Does this make me a hater? No, it makes me apprehensive.

I just have an opinion that every generation of car should be better than the last. Not just a little bit better, but far better. The engineers and builders have had years to work on this. At this point I'm not seeing it. Look at the C7 Vette vs. the C6, there's a lot of love for the C7 as the improvements between the two generations were massive. There is a lot of love for the new Challengers vs. the last years version, and this isn't including the Hellcat.

Since 2011, the Mustang GT has been the very best bang for the buck. Period and end of story. I can't help but wonder if both the Challenger SRT and Camaro SS have closed the gap. The 2013/2014 Mustang GT was one mean and aggressive looking car, but this newer version just isn't nearly as aggressive looking as those cars.

Lastly and just making a comment about normal drivers (not racers).........how many will really notice the difference the IRS makes? Probably not many.

As I mentioned earlier. We (I still drive a Mustang) need more of the newest generation of cars on the road, and getting slips from the local track to see what we really have.

I agree with you. Not a hater at all. I'm curious if the bigger jump that apparently you and I was expected will come in 2016-2017

TheRican

Established Member
Think this will be a huge flop. I'm actually rooting for ford to fail on this. Make it the car we deserve, not the car the euros want

13GT5.0

Established Member
This will be the last mustang I buy (2013) after seeing a 2015 in person...Im probably hopping back to Chevy if they can fix the ugly interior and lower the weight in the next gen camaro, recalls and all. Im ready to get back to into a cammed LT1

Last edited:

13GT5.0

Established Member
It's gm's game to **** up. I dont see how the 2015 will compete with the the torque of the LT1 in the next gen if the weight stays the same. I love my 13 but I change cars every 3 years or so, im not brand loyal and I never get attached to them.

old_goat

Established Member
It's gm's game to **** up. I dont see how the 2015 will compete with the the torque of the LT1 in the next gen if the weight stays the same. I love my 13 but I change cars every 3 years or so, im not brand loyal and I never get attached to them.

I'm not brand loyal either. Just as soon as Chevy starts giving customer cashback/rebates, I'm getting a 2015 Chevy Vette with Z51.

IMHO, when concerning price, looks, weight, and bone stock performance......the Mustang GT had the edge on both Dodge and GM, and it was a big edge. Had the 2015 Mustang GT would've overwhelmed me with the above, I would buy one. If the 2015 Mustang GT is better, it is...maybe......but I"m not blown away like I should feel like I should've been.

13GT5.0

Established Member
I just was dissapointed with the overall look of it. Its a new car with new and cool shit I get that, thats great, but it looks so uninspiring externally to be honest for me. The 5th gen camaro looks pretty good and if GM can make that car/look on a smaller scale, with better materials im all over it. Power wise, the coyote has and will always be one of my fav engines ever.

specizripn

Established Member
Ford could always do what they usually do and wait till the 2nd year of a new generation for the bigger improvements on the engine and transmission...

KINGPINracing

Established Member
I want to see one in person before I pass judgement. Like someone mentioned, we're going to mod the hell out of these like we always do. Who among us has a stock mustang?

I think my 12 I've had for 3 1/2 years will be sticking around. : )

MRSUPRA

Established Member
I just was dissapointed with the overall look of it. Its a new car with new and cool shit I get that, thats great, but it looks so uninspiring externally to be honest for me. The 5th gen camaro looks pretty good and if GM can make that car/look on a smaller scale, with better materials im all over it. Power wise, the coyote has and will always be one of my fav engines ever.

My thoughts too.

Drufuss

Established Member
I had an opportunity to see two in person this past Friday. One was an all the way comp orange and the other being a black gt premium. The interior is significantly better, and the intelligent key is something mustangs should have had for at least the last few years. The seats were much more comfortable, and the dash, steering wheel, gauges, and center console were major improvements. The turned aluminum dash with the gauges between the ac vents was just beautiful!
The exterior was a little lack luster. They look like a fuzion, a bmw, and a mustang had a mutant love child. The front looks higher than the back, and the stance is kinda wonky. I think after a drop and suspension tweaks with the right size and offset wheels it'll be a completely different looking car in a positive way. After all, if we're honest with ourselves, the look of a stock gt mustang off the showroom floor isn't exactly something to write home about.

And to address this whole "ford made a car to satisfy the world", it seems to be exactly that. I get that as a world platform the car is far more lucrative to ford, but as an AMERICAN CAR enthusiast it feels like a cop out! America cried for Nissan to bring the gtr to us, and Nissan didn't just bring a "world friendly" platform to boost sales across the board. They punched the car world in the face with the pinnacle of what the car has always been. Ford should have swung the big pickle at the rest of the world from day one, and made them understand why we've been crazy about these things for the past 50 years.

Todd03Blown

Established Member
The Camaro is ugly as sin.

Users who are viewing this thread