1st 9 second 2018 Mustang GT

DarkMach1

Established Member
That car makes 846whp. Plenty to make up for a subpar (by racing standards) 60ft time.

72SBC

Established Member
Ford is definitely ahead of the curve. The GT mustangs are a force to be reckoned with. I’m now disappointed when I see power adder cars not going 9’s now. Lol

Never_Enough

Established Member
What you are guys are missing is the lack of a converter on a CENTRI car.

On previous gen Coyote cars only the PD blower cars could get away without running a converter. The Turbo guys and Centri guys always needed one.

Car in the video above has stock drivetrain. Believe it has factory 3.73 gears too.

Pretty bad ass.

I was just on autotrader.com and you can already get a base auto 2018 GT for bottom 30's before fees.

Crazy deal right there!
Give it a few months, well optioned GTs will be under 30k

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Back when I frequented the tracks, only Hyabusas were trapping mid to upper 140s.

Impressive.

Seriously lol.

I remember when 140's was mostly reserved for liter+ bikes and those cars you trailered to the track lol. Now you got a boatload of cars hitting 9's without doing a crazy amount of mods.

I see shit like this and it makes me wonder if it'll just be better to build a GT over a GT500(new vs new). Warranty plays a role, but one hell of a price difference.

Long gone are the days of trying to build a 2v to compete versus the Cobra or a 3v vs the 5.4L GT500.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Seriously lol.

I remember when 140's was mostly reserved for liter+ bikes and those cars you trailered to the track lol. Now you got a boatload of cars hitting 9's without doing a crazy amount of mods.

I see shit like this and it makes me wonder if it'll just be better to build a GT over a GT500(new vs new). Warranty plays a role, but one hell of a price difference.

Long gone are the days of trying to build a 2v to compete versus the Cobra or a 3v vs the 5.4L GT500.

I have to agree, I'm all about GT500s and I will always have one, But the new 5.0s are becoming stupid fast.

blk00gtvert

Established Member
just stumbled upon this thread. we mostly were posting on facebook. lol. the car has a base model HP kit with a P1X upgrade. 9.5 PSI. has stock exhaust with just cat deletes. we are using as much of the DI side as possible and blending in the PI side as needed. the converter is killing us for sure. i have put as much low end power in it as its got. we are working on a converter for it as we speak. also this was running out of fuel (pump) at 7200. once we can shift this at 7800 its going to pick up A LOT. realistically mid 9's @ 145+ is very doable with this combo. the new 10 speed is INCREDIBLE. has been a learning curve for sure. i have had to tune half the car in pure HEX as most of what i need hasn't been in there yet. once i get more acquainted with the trans and have upgraded fuel and converter, this thing will MOVE.

edit: car does not have 2 step. that was the other lane

Last edited:

Kiohtee

Established Member
Lol @ everybody acting like this is no big deal. I mean, it's not unheard of to see a 9-second 5.0, but I guarantee any 9-second 5.0 before this has more than a centri, injectors, cat deletes and wheels/tires. Not to mention it's an auto on the stock stall. I haven't seen a stock stall 9-second 5.0 unless it was a twin screw.

_Snake_

Established Member
Lol @ everybody acting like this is no big deal. I mean, it's not unheard of to see a 9-second 5.0, but I guarantee any 9-second 5.0 before this has more than a centri, injectors, cat deletes and wheels/tires. Not to mention it's an auto on the stock stall. I haven't seen a stock stall 9-second 5.0 unless it was a twin screw.

This x 1000

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Or you could just slap on a BigAss NOS shot to get in the 9's.
We know who did it first!

Never_Enough

Established Member
Just imagine how easy it should be to put the upcoming GT500 in the 9s if it's this simple with a GT.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Definitely cool but Im with some of the others... nothing really that new. Previous gen 5.0 was already there.

5.0 is definitely a great bang for the buck. Id still take an SVT vehicle ALL day.

This car traps higher than the record holder Dodge demon.
Ya ya, comparing modded to stock, I wonder which car will get to 8s first. LOL, i think we already know the answer.

:rolleyes: o_O :confused:

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Impressive as hell. 9's with just a centri and injectors. I wonder what a convertor will do for it, mid to low 9's.

Users who are viewing this thread