1st death

white02

Established Member
...... in my v6.:lol: I was at a red light next to a 350z. I didn't even know we were racing until his tires chirped. lol We went up to about 50, and and he pulled me about 1 1/2 cars. All I know is that he had exhaust, and that's all I have as of now. Man I can't wait to put that eaton on there.:rockon:

white02

Established Member
Yup that's the plan. I know y'all probably won't like the idea, but I love this car. lol I'm gonna build the engine, H/C/I with a decent cam, and the M112. Oh, I'm going to swap an 8.8 rear with 3.73's and swap in a t-5. I don't want a crazy fast car. I'll buy a cobra for that.

Last edited:

98Snake03

I8URVET
Established Member
Yup that's the plan. I know y'all probably won't like the idea, but I love this car. lol I'm gonna build the engine, H/C/I with a decent cam, and the M112. Oh, I'm going to swap an 8.8 rear with 3.73's and swap in a t-5. I don't want a crazy fast car. I'll buy a cobra for that.

well...if you are set on it, why don't you get a twin screw(not sure if they make them for 6's though) or a high psi centrifugal?

StangJason

Established Member
You could go all out with your V6 with turbo etc. I've read where a built Mustang V6 under boost is just as, if not more, capable than the Supra.

98Snake03

I8URVET
Established Member
You could go all out with your V6 with turbo etc. I've read where a built Mustang V6 under boost is just as, if not more, capable than the Supra.

I have a friend with a 4.2 stroker, ported heads, intake, cam....with a procharger making around 500 now.....so it is very capable....just could have a whole lot more with a V8 for the same price.

But to the OP, good for you for sticking to your dreams and not letting a bunch of interweb guys tell you what to do :thumbsup::beer:

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
There's an 05+ VS running tens in the quarter. Dunno what's all done to it, though.

Heck I say build that V6. That'll be an awesome sleeper.

StangJason

Established Member
I have a friend with a 4.2 stroker, ported heads, intake, cam....with a procharger making around 500 now.....so it is very capable....just could have a whole lot more with a V8 for the same price.

But to the OP, good for you for sticking to your dreams and not letting a bunch of interweb guys tell you what to do :thumbsup::beer:

I don't know I believe V6 block is stronger than most of the V8 ones. I broke the block in my 95 GT with close to 600 rwhp.

98Snake03

I8URVET
Established Member
I don't know I believe V6 block is stronger than most of the V8 ones. I broke the block in my 95 GT with close to 600 rwhp.

I wouldn't doubt it...I was just saying it cost more to get a v6 to the same power level as a v8 (speaking for fi cars)

Blaine

Established Member

You can make even a V6 mustang SCREAM. Add a Squires Turbo kit.... watch out GT Mustangs. V6's have a good weight advantage.

evolve

Established Member
I know a guy in FL with a turbo V6 making just at 400whp with the turbo kit and exhaust!

white02

Established Member
Thanks to all of you who support it. I've got it all planned out; I just need the funds.:rockon: Oh, my goal is 400hp.:banana:

Last edited:

CDR Stang

SCT PRP Tuned Whiner
Established Member
Thanks to all of you who support it. I've got it all planned out; I just need the funds.:rockon: Oh, my goal is 400hp.:banana:
Anyone who does an M112 with the money in a built v6 motor quite frankly has rocks for brains. Hint: Isn't there a guy with $12,000 invested in a v6 motor and running NO2 with an Eaton and he's getting what, 470ish whp - That's a built motor with twin poweradders mind you. At that level, the power potential should be 700-800whp. That kind of foolishness is borderline shameful. :nonono:

boston2k4

deploy much?
Established Member
dang thats rough CDR. maybe its hard for people to get a nasty v8, cobra, roush, etc. and what of insurance regardless of a spotless record if your under 25 and got a cobra it usually pretty crappy rates with a loan. What about the fact that we all started somewhere.. that most wont talk about.. like me i started on a focus! i hit 328 to the wheel with spray and a charger.. sunk 10 grand ++ into it easy. but it was the best learning experience. not to mention if he keeps the stock badges and looks (single exhaust tip) he will catch alot of goons off guard.

after years of learning and modding vehicles it doesnt matter what you got just make it go faster and your doing good.

ps focus turned into a drop top after going under a trailer make sure to upgrade your brakes when you double power. other than that happy tuning

CDR Stang

SCT PRP Tuned Whiner
Established Member
Sorry for sounding harsh. I have nothing against a potent 6er. The point I'm making is the choice of FI system here and the application of funds vs performance output. Doing to learn is fine. Learning from the experiences of others is just plain wise. ;-)

Last edited:

white02

Established Member
Yeah I understand where y'all are coming from, but the insurance for a 17 year old and a v8 is terrible. I love working on cars, and I plan on buying an 03 cobra after college.

ralvarez

Established Member
Anyone who does an M112 with the money in a built v6 motor quite frankly has rocks for brains. Hint: Isn't there a guy with $12,000 invested in a v6 motor and running NO2 with an Eaton and he's getting what, 470ish whp - That's a built motor with twin poweradders mind you. At that level, the power potential should be 700-800whp. That kind of foolishness is borderline shameful. :nonono:

man, that is one horrible set-up that person has then! the eaton swap for a v6 cost around $2500 for the complete kit.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread