1st run with my near-stock 02 GT

NameBlast44

Established Member
hi guys, a few days ago I ran my 02 coupe stick gt. don't have my slip with me so I can't get into too much specifics but with a k&n filter and flowmaster 40 series I was able to run a best of 13.88 @ 101, with a few 14.0 runs in between. I would say i'm a pretty average manual driver, not the best but i don't stall :)

anyways, is this a decent time? i just ordered some parts - 4.10 ford racing gears, an mgw shifter, and underdrive pullies so i'm wondering what i'll run...i know I should get tires. they'll come soon enough. anyways, how do you guys think i'll do with these new additions? thanks

CobraSvt9746

Another 1 Bites The Dust
Established Member
i hate to bust your bubble but you need to check first to see if you already have gears in it cause i call bull****!

and what is your elvation?

someone will soon back me on this...

Last edited:

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
CobraSvt9746 said:
i hate to bust your bubble but you need to check first to see if you already have gears in it cause i call bull****!

Sorry buddy but you will have a hard time trying to find someone to back you on that B/c your WRONG.

You obviousely have no damn clue what you are talking about so please shut up.

grandestang

Exponentially
Established Member
With a decent 60' this is entirely possible. What was the 60'? But from what I have seen in person at the track, its hard to get a basically stock GT into the 13s unless the driver is pretty good. It all depends on weather/track conditions, and traction.

Paul

CobraSvt9746

Another 1 Bites The Dust
Established Member
droptopsnake01 said:
Sorry buddy but you will have a hard time trying to find someone to back you on that B/c your WRONG.

You obviousely have no damn clue what you are talking about so please shut up.

HEY DROPTOP STFU!

all i am saying basically is every gt i have ever seen w/o gears have been low to mid 14's

and i want to know his elavation, weather, or if he had drags on cause he isn't even listing a 60ft

plus he does need to check his car to make sure if it doesn't already have gears in it, he said he was new to muscle so how would he know the diff.

Last edited:

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
CobraSvt9746 said:
HEY DROPTOP STFU!

all i am saying basically is every gt i have ever seen w/o gears have been low to mid 14's

and i want to know his elavation, weather, or if he had drags on cause he isn't even listing a 60ft

plus he does need to check his car to make sure if it doesn't already have gears in it, he said he was new to muscle so how would he know the diff.

so then why are you calling bullshit?? You are a idiot.

CobraSvt9746

Another 1 Bites The Dust
Established Member
cause i think those times are bullshit unless he does not have gears or he is not metioning something

you my friend are a tool

DocHolliday01

Established Member
CobraSvt9746 said:
cause i think those times are bullshit unless he does not have gears or he is not metioning something

you my friend are a tool

you are the dumbass. thats not hard to believe. a good driver can run that pretty easily. just because you saw so and so drivers run this doensn't mean shit. sounds like you are the one that needs to stfu and stop being a little girl raising the bs flag when you THINK you know something is fishy.

Shade04

Established Member
02MineralGrayGt said:
you are the dumbass. thats not hard to believe. a good driver can run that pretty easily. just because you saw so and so drivers run this doensn't mean shit. sounds like you are the one that needs to stfu and stop being a little girl raising the bs flag when you THINK you know something is fishy.
+1 The time seems perfectly legit to me.

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
CobraSvt9746 said:

you my friend are a tool

Hah, I hate people like you. You know your wrong why dont you let it go. Your the only on in this thread that thinks his times are bs...

YOU are the tool.

crew_dawg16

Established Member
Well, I don't think his times are BS, but he either had a negative DA, drag radials, or other modifications he doesn't know about. I haven't yet seen a "stock" GT run better than a 14.5-14.2 in person. It takes weight reduction, bolt-ons, and disconnecting the front sway bar, etc. just to get into the high 13s.

The 101 trap shows that there is more than flowmasters done, unless it was a downhill track or the reasons above.

Last edited:

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
CobraSvt9746 said:

My 01 GT 5 speed ran 14.0@100 100% stock and 13.8@102 with intake and exhaust. When I installed the 4.10's LT's and Nittos it ran 13.2@105. So I highly doubt he is Bull shitting

Users who are viewing this thread