2.3 TVS Disassembly help/tips

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
glad to hear you go it apart. can you post a pic of the piece you're talking about so that we'll have it for future reference. thanks!

Here's the part in question, there are two large allen head bolts and im guessing that's all that needs to be undone but id like to know for sure before I remove them. I also took pics of the entire disassembly if anyone wants, perhaps I can post in the how to section.

caseypoemandtvs022_zps8348f371.jpg

Black Sex

Established Member
Here's the part in question, there are two large allen head bolts and im guessing that's all that needs to be undone but id like to know for sure before I remove them. I also took pics of the entire disassembly if anyone wants, perhaps I can post in the how to section.

I never removed my valve, but I'm betting you take the bolts out and the rod going into it has a keyway on it where it goes in the bracket. You should be able to line up those marks and take it off then.

Did you have much engine oil in your case? I did.

Red-GT500

Needs More Torque!
Established Member
The tear down pics would be most helpful to us that are heasitating to do this. If i can see inside i would probably be confident enough to give it a try.

Also, i would make marks on the actuator bolt holes so that it can be lined up correctly again.

iwannacobra5

Established Member

hhmm....looks like you can just remove the two bolts and pull it off, but since i've never done it i can't be sure.

i'd love for you to post all the disassembled pics so we could see them. let us know when you create the thread. :beer:

DaFreak

Established Member
Ah yes, the blower breakdown process. You will need to remove the 2 bolts for the value as well as the 2 screws for the value plate (bottom of blower). Then slide the valve plate out (take good pics of everything first so you know how to reassemble) then pull off the value and remove the arm holding on the plate (pull straight out).

On edit: When you go to reassemble, post up for help again (if needed). You want to be sure to adjust your bypass value so that it's slightly preloaded. Once of us can walk you through it.

Also,
If I was going to powder my SC I would send the whole unit (after draining) so that you can have all of it (snout, rotor pack edges, etc) painted. I'm sure Brain can break down as needed. Maybe you were planning on that but I was not sure from your initial post.

Just my 1 cent.

Lastly, you are making the right move by sending to Brian. He does awesome work.

G/L,
Jeff

Last edited:

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
I removed the plastic valve and sent it off to Brian. I removed the two bolts and had to maneuver the piece around and it comes off easily. I did send everything to Brian minus the rotor pack to save on weight and he had never disassembled a tvs. He was confident he could do it but I opted to do it myself to save on shipping and to make his job a little easier. Like I said I took pics of everything so in a few days I'll post a thread in the how to section for those of you that would be more comfortable opening up their blower after seeing pics.

Black Sex

Established Member
/\ It's not hard at all. I've had mine off twice. I can pull the blower and have it disassembled in around 2 hours with just hand tools, no air.

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
So I ordered the GM oil from eBay and I got it today but its an AC Delco bottle instead of the pictured GM bottle. Is this the same stuff? I see on the label that its made by GM but I have no idea if this is the right stuff. It is supercharger oil btw. It's very deceiving because the GM bottle is pictured and there is no mention of AC Delco in the item description.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
On reassembly, would you need some sort of sealant on the gear plate between either side (i.e. snout or case)?

Users who are viewing this thread