2.3 Whipple owners with built motors. In Here!

ram360

Running on 7 Cylinders
Established Member
As some of you may know by reading my other thread. My engine sustained some sort of damage and I'm going to be replacing it soon. Currently car has

Stock long block
2.3 whipple @19psi
kooks lts
jdm catted h
magnaflow catback
supporting fuel mods
Car made 622rwhp/579tq on 93 pump
Still managed 22 mpg on the highway

Since I'm going through the trouble of tearing this thing apart I might as well upgrade some things and possibly take the opportunity to make some more power. Before I go any further. This car is a driver. I DD this thing 8 or 9 months out of the year, long road trips, etc.. It must maintain great drive-ability and must run on 93 pump gas. I refuse to be mixing in race fuel, (no e85 in this area so that's not an option). I drive this car far to much to mess with the inconvenience of not being able to have fuel readily available. That being said I will not be upping the boost level anymore and that will remain unchanged from the current setup.

Now that I have that out of the way....I will be swapping the 2.3 whipple setup off of my current stock long block onto the new one.

I'm looking at either the MMR 900 4.6 or MMR 900S 5.0 stroker.
MMR stage 3 ported heads
Blower Cams

Does anyone have any of the following engine mods with a similar whipple setup? I'm curious to see if the ported heads, cams, and the stroker shortblock. Will make any significant rwhp/rwtq gains considering I still want to run this on 93 pump and no more than 19psi. The car made good power with the stock long block and I'm happy with that. However I'm trying to see if it's even worth doing any of this other stuff. Basically I don't want to end up spending an extra 3K on this build and end up with an extra 20hp. Thanks guys.

Basically it breaks down to:
Selling my stock short block for $800

$3500 MMR 5.0 Stroker Short Block
$159.99 MMR Street/Racing Oil Pump
$169.99 MLS Headgaskets
$269.99 ARP Head studs
$44.99 MMR block side bolts
$950 Stage 3 Head Port
$599 New timing chains, lifters, rockers, tensioners, valve springs, etc.
$1300 Cams

$7000 + tuning

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread