2.6 KB+sct2800+supporting mods= 515whp?

MysticSnake5

Established Member
My friend just got his terminator back from the shop. They put a KB 2.6 and installed a sct 2800 mass air meter. He has all the supporting mods Exhaust, cai, 60lb injectors, KB bap and they installed a spec stage 3 clutch. Put in on the dyno and 515 whp:cuss: is what he got "on a safe tune they said". Something sound wrong to anyone else. He also told me that he ordered the 15lbs pulley and was supposed to be on there but when he got on the highway the gauge read 10 and stayed there:shrug: . Any help would be appreciated

Last edited:

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
So many factors here but let's start here:

1) Check to see if the 15lb pulley is on.
2) Can you post the dyno graph?

If he is only seeing 10lbs of boost and getting 515rwhp that's pretty good if you ask me.

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
If hes only seeing 10#s then, i think 515 is about right. Does he have an aftermarket boost gauge, or is he going by the stock one?

S.V.T.

'schitty wok'
Established Member
voila,
kb2.jpg

:beer:

Quik Z06

Established Member
I know this thread is a few weeks old but what im wondering is they had just installed the clutch and ran it hard on the dyno? No break in time? If that was the case the clutch could be slipping. My car at 20 psi only made 520whp on one dyno before we figured out it was because the clutch was slipping.

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
And Also Check Bypass To Make Sure You Not Bleeding Off Boost, Just One Of Many Possible Problems

mrpositraction

Sssssssslayer
Established Member
MAF is a little big for that, but whatever.

Check the bypass valve, should be turned off in the tune, otherwise check for vacuum leaks.

But before you do anything, check that pulley size, that would be my first guess. And like many have already said, 515 w/ 10bls of boost is pretty damn good.

Greg

WDW MKR

Established Member
Due to the boost issue, my money would be on the infamous KB bypass or a slipping clutch. I don't think KB even has a pulley large enough to produce a legitimate 10psig.

S.V.T.

'schitty wok'
Established Member
mrpositraction said:
MAF is a little big for that, but whatever.

Check the bypass valve, should be turned off in the tune, otherwise check for vacuum leaks.

But before you do anything, check that pulley size, that would be my first guess. And like many have already said, 515 w/ 10bls of boost is pretty damn good.

Greg

what up greg..
-it's jake.

S.V.T.

'schitty wok'
Established Member
mrpositraction said:
Sup man, how you been, haven't seen you in awhile.

Just thought I would check out SVTperformance, just bored I guess.

Greg

yea been workin' a lot lately, got all my parts so far for this winter i think.. well all my go power parts at least. bored? yea this is really the only site i'm on, every once in a while i check out midmosr, but with the weather recently and being un able to get my cobra out of the garage (we have long gravel roads covered in ice) i've been just relaxing and waiting for summer :thumbsup:

Duran

Matador
Established Member
When I ordered my KB 2.8H. I told KB to put a 4inch pulley on there and I got a 4 1/4 inch pulley on it and didnt realize it. I have a 2lb lower. So when it came to dyno day. I only made 550whp. My tuner was like you need to call pizza hut and tell them to go pick this pulley they put on the car. We changed to a 3.5inch pulley and bam. 657rwhp with 16 degrees of timing. These blowers are made to be spun! Dont be scared to spin them hard like I was.

mrpositraction

Sssssssslayer
Established Member
DSGTerminator said:
When I ordered my KB 2.8H. I told KB to put a 4inch pulley on there and I got a 4 1/4 inch pulley on it and didnt realize it. I have a 2lb lower. So when it came to dyno day. I only made 550whp. My tuner was like you need to call pizza hut and tell them to go pick this pulley they put on the car. We changed to a 3.5inch pulley and bam. 657rwhp with 16 degrees of timing. These blowers are made to be spun! Dont be scared to spin them hard like I was.

I bet that beast felt worlds different, I love when stuff like that happens. I am sure you got it and was pleased w/ mid 500's, then only to swap a pully and pick up 100 more, SWEET:pepper:

mrpositraction

Sssssssslayer
Established Member
S.V.T. said:
yea been workin' a lot lately, got all my parts so far for this winter i think.. well all my go power parts at least. bored? yea this is really the only site i'm on, every once in a while i check out midmosr, but with the weather recently and being un able to get my cobra out of the garage (we have long gravel roads covered in ice) i've been just relaxing and waiting for summer :thumbsup:

Yeah, I am getting parts in everyother day it seems. Just got some appearence (hood vents and such) and springs. The springs are to help w/ the wheel hop, as well as looking like sex. As soon as the weather warms up a little, I need to start dialing in this blower tune, and then I am going to order the nitrous. The roads are way to cold to be tuning a 150 shot.

Greg

Users who are viewing this thread