2.60 Pulley-Bid 2.50 Anyone

wuplash

Established Member
Originally posted by JKD COBRA
wuplash - I am using a 2.80 pulley. I was just wondering about the milling. But I am not sure why you would want to do that? The reason people go with an upper pulley is because it is cheap and easy to put on. You can easily go back to stock. But now that you would have to mill the shaft for a 2.6 upper pulley, I just think it goes against the whole point of an upper pulley. But then again, if you don't care about going back to stock then who cares, go for it!

It is still cheaper then adding a lower pulley so I guess its just personal preference. It will be interesting to see how the 2.6 performs. It should perform like a 2.80/2lb lower, but wether or not the belt can grip it enough will be the issue.

Good luck with the pulley wuplash, I can't wait to see some pics/track times :rockon:

jkd cobra.thks:beer:

if i ever want to go back to stock i can by re-installing my factory non milled snout and take my current rr 2.75 off it.i believe your right on my 2.60 being like a 2.80/2lb lower setup as i believe it will be a close resemblance,except i may not pick up as much torque with the smaller upper vs a 2lb lower setup.time will tell when i make it to the dyno again.a little bidie told me i will have it tuesday:-D

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
if i ever want to go back to stock i can by re-installing my factory non milled snout
Well, it looks like you are all ready to go! I didn't know you had a spare snout, thats a good idea.

Keep us updated man :thumbsup:

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
FYI, when I was running a Kenne Bell on my GT several years ago (and just before the block cracked in half), I was running the smallest pulley KB offered...a little 2-incher.
S.

Users who are viewing this thread