2.60 Pulley-Bid 2.50 Anyone

trey193

Established Member
We are going to install a Reichard 2.60 next week along with a milled snout on Wuplash's car, we expect to see some TQ gains and yes we will post results.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Trey, are you at all concerned about overspinning the blower at this point, even though it is ported? I'm just wondering where the positive power/torque return ends now.

trey193

Established Member
We just figure its like adding a 2lb lower albeit cheaper. Gonna have about a pound or a tad more of boost now whether it will make any more power not sure but TQ will be up especially under the curve . He is going to have his blower ported soon so we will have some good comparisons!

Juiced-03

Established Member
I see no point going smaller than a 2.76. Why dont we just not even use a pulley and rib the shaft :rolleyes:

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
I don't think there is enough surface area with the 2.76 to prevent belt slip on a regular basis nevermind a 2.5 or 2.6. A wiser move would be to install a larger lower pulley.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
what's the point of a super small upper? why not get a 2.76 upper and 8lb lower combo? If all you're trying to do is overspin the blower, you might as well go all out.

Juiced-03

Established Member
Originally posted by trey193
Havent U said that before Juiced?:rolleyes:

Haven't we seen threads like this before :rollseyes :bash:

Last edited:

trey193

Established Member
John JLP has a 2.70 upper that you can run without milling the snout. We will test it and if it works great if not we will make it a paperweight. After the whole ordeal we have went through wtih RR trying to get the damn products it would be nice to see a worthwhile gain!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by trey193
We just figure its like adding a 2lb lower albeit cheaper. Gonna have about a pound or a tad more of boost now whether it will make any more power not sure but TQ will be up especially under the curve . He is going to have his blower ported soon so we will have some good comparisons!
Thanks for the info Trey.

SVTCobra2001

Cone Crasher
Established Member
Originally posted by Juiced-03
Haven't we seen threads like this before :rollseyes :bash:

Since the Stupid Search has been off haven't we seen 99.9% of the threads before. There are about three or four pages of new topics A DAY... :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :fm: :fm:

I am not bitter or anything.

Eric

Brad

Banned
Originally posted by bassin247
I don't think there is enough surface area with the 2.76 to prevent belt slip on a regular basis nevermind a 2.5 or 2.6. A wiser move would be to install a larger lower pulley.

There is when you slap an idler on there.

wuplash

Established Member
Originally posted by JKD COBRA
Anything lower then a 2.7 requires milling of the shaft correct?

according to jim once you get to 2.73 it rubs the snout,anything smaller you need to lathe the snout down some.i think your ok because your using a jlp 2.7 correct?? he has his setup where you don't need to mill the snout down is my understanding.

wuplash

Established Member
Originally posted by dgussin1
what's the point of a super small upper? why not get a 2.76 upper and 8lb lower combo? If all you're trying to do is overspin the blower, you might as well go all out.

because i'am not trying for that much boost.my goal is to be around 15-15.25lbs boost with my current setup using just a upper pulley because i don't want the hassle of doing a upper/lower setup plus 15lbs is not really overspinning the eaton to terribly bad to create so much unwanted heat.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
wuplash - I am using a 2.80 pulley. I was just wondering about the milling. But I am not sure why you would want to do that? The reason people go with an upper pulley is because it is cheap and easy to put on. You can easily go back to stock. But now that you would have to mill the shaft for a 2.6 upper pulley, I just think it goes against the whole point of an upper pulley. But then again, if you don't care about going back to stock then who cares, go for it!

It is still cheaper then adding a lower pulley so I guess its just personal preference. It will be interesting to see how the 2.6 performs. It should perform like a 2.80/2lb lower, but wether or not the belt can grip it enough will be the issue.

Good luck with the pulley wuplash, I can't wait to see some pics/track times :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread