2.8 KB boost poll (street)

KB 2.8 pulley/boost setup for street use

• Total voters

hollowch

Mr. The Squirrel
Established Member
I broke the poll down with pulley sizes & corresponding boost numbers.. Poll wouldn't support more than 10 options, otherwise I would have gladly added the Whipple and TVS numbers... however feel free to share any other setup numbers below :banana:

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
:lol1: key word: Poll :poke:

I thought it was pretty clear. :)

HARLEYDEALER

Established Member
I voted 3".... that's what I ran before the 3.25 and IW lower...
Thats the same for me, with the 10 over, but I started with the 3.25. But my boost was going to 20, to high for the street and heat, went to 3.5 for spring. Of course, now with the 3.6lc coming soon, its back to the drawing boards. :read: Bill

Last edited:

Yellow03snake

Established Member
Thats the same for me, with the 10 over, but I started with the 3.25. But my boost was going to 20, to high for the street and heat, went to 3.5 for spring. Of course, now with the 3.6lc coming soon, its back to the drawing boards. :read: Bill

Hmmm, what you doing with the 2.8?

I'm not too far from ya :beer::beer::beer:

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
:lol1: key word: Poll :poke:

I thought it was pretty clear. :)

Yeah, I saw the poll. :poke: Just didn't see a question. :bash:I didn't know if he wanted to know the most common street set up or........Have a good day Sir. And thanks for your informative post.

Just looking to see what most people are running out there

Right on! This is great info. A little curious myself. People should say what kind of gas they're using too.

Last edited:

HARLEYDEALER

Established Member
Hmmm, what you doing with the 2.8?

I'm not too far from ya :beer::beer::beer:
I will be selling my 2.8, once i see what comes with the 3.6lc upgrade and what is needed for the 2.8 to work on another car. I will be getting a larger throttle body and cold air return, hopping within the next month or so. That should make up a whole KB stage 3 minus some little stuff, plus the booster pump and about 5 pulleys will be included. Its polish and never been spun over 17,600 rpm's. I don't want to installed it because this is my hobby, but here in Alton I have a very good turner with dyne that could install it for you, plus he is a Kenny Bell dealer. Bill

Yellow03snake

Established Member
I will be selling my 2.8, once i see what comes with the 3.6lc upgrade and what is needed for the 2.8 to work on another car. I will be getting a larger throttle body and cold air return, hopping within the next month or so. That should make up a whole KB stage 3 minus some little stuff, plus the booster pump and about 5 pulleys will be included. Its polish and never been spun over 17,600 rpm's. I don't want to installed it because this is my hobby, but here in Alton I have a very good turner with dyne that could install it for you, plus he is a Kenny Bell dealer. Bill

Cool, I do all my own work, but have no clue on how to tune. Keep me posted :rockon:

Isn't your car the one at Gateway running 10ohs a couple years ago? :thumbsup:

HARLEYDEALER

Established Member
Cool, I do all my own work, but have no clue on how to tune. Keep me posted :rockon:

Isn't your car the one at Gateway running 10ohs a couple years ago? :thumbsup:
Yes, 10.1 in fall of 07, haven't race it since then do to illness of a friend that race with me. Racing again this spring, after several years, least I had time (a lot of time) to redo my setup. Should be interesting, whole new learning curve. Bill

skyhighsd

Established Member
Been running 2 7/8 but changed it over the winter to 10% IW and 3" or 2 7/8 not sure yet which I will go with.

Users who are viewing this thread