2.8 KB feeding off Hellion TT's

hollowch

Mr. The Squirrel
Established Member
So I'm really considering this for my stay at Evo in the next few weeks. I'm fairly certain that this would require a build on the motor, but then again I havent really discussed it with the guys at Evo yet..... anyways.... feel free to jump in with inputs or even just to tell me that I'm insane :bash: kthnx!!

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
So I'm really considering this for my stay at Evo in the next few weeks. I'm fairly certain that this would require a build on the motor, but then again I havent really discussed it with the guys at Evo yet..... anyways.... feel free to jump in with inputs or even just to tell me that I'm insane :bash: kthnx!!

OK, YOU'RE INSANE! Sounds like that block will need some Metal Health too!

I've read over on the Ford GT forum that some are putting down 1200 to 1400 rwhp with a hellion kit. Just do it!

Mike

hollowch

Mr. The Squirrel
Established Member
+1

just turn up the twins:rolleyes:

pardon my turbo ignorance... but isnt boost lag directly affected by the amount youre pulling out of them?? and if so, would turning them up to however high really affect the lag THAT much??

on another note, how much can the stock blower be tuned to?

metaman

Established Member
They are right, with the compound boosting you would have to put a huge pulley on the 2.8 kenne bell. At that point you would loose the low in torque of the eaton which is the whole reason for doing the compound boost in the first place

EX1

Established Member
its been shown that using the hellion kit is actually restricted by having a blower instead of a normal intake manifold. You wont have the instant torque of the blower but you will make A LOT more power without the blower in place.

Blaine

Established Member
its been shown that using the hellion kit is actually restricted by having a blower instead of a normal intake manifold. You wont have the instant torque of the blower but you will make A LOT more power without the blower in place.

Actually NO and Yes. You do make more PEAK power without the Supercharger, but at a HUGE price. You have almost ZERO power below 3000 rpms with out the Supercharger. Compare the dyno with and without the supercharger with the Hellion kit. The low end power loss is extreme as seen below. -200 HP/-375 TQ is ALOT. And at ONLY a +89 HP PEAK gain. At this power lvl. IT is NOT worth dropping the supercharger.

Hellion TT Compound: @17psi
@3k rpms.....400rwhp/750 TQ
Max.............711rwhp/736 TQ

Hellion TT Non-Compound: @17 psi
@3k rpms.....200 rwhp/375 TQ................-200 rwhp/-375 TQ
Max.............800 rwhp/727 TQ................+89 rwhp/-9 TQ

BUT... smaller faster spooling turbos used without the supercharger may make up for it. But.. No one has done this to post up the numbers. I would be interested to see the results of a KB/TT combo.

Hellion can use my car for a test subject for a non-compound smaller twin turbo kit. :pop:

Last edited:

hollowch

Mr. The Squirrel
Established Member
Actually NO and Yes. You do make more PEAK power without the Supercharger, but at a HUGE price. You have almost ZERO power below 3000 rpms with out the Supercharger. Compare the dyno with and without the supercharger with the Hellion kit. The low end power loss is extreme as seen below. -200 HP/-375 TQ is ALOT. And at ONLY a +89 HP PEAK gain. At this power lvl. IT is NOT worth dropping the supercharger.

Hellion TT Compound: @17psi
@3k rpms.....400rwhp/750 TQ
Max.............711rwhp/736 TQ

Hellion TT Non-Compound: @17 psi
@3k rpms.....200 rwhp/375 TQ................-200 rwhp/-375 TQ
Max.............800 rwhp/727 TQ................+89 rwhp/-9 TQ

BUT... smaller faster spooling turbos used without the supercharger may make up for it. But.. No one has done this to post up the numbers. I would be interested to see the results of a KB/TT combo.

Hellion can use my car for a test subject for a non-compound smaller twin turbo kit. :pop:

yeah, what he said...

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
i asked john about that and it was not suggested as a good idea, give hellion a call and run your idea through the people that make the kit:beer:

hell i had a 2.8 pulley and they still said i needed to go back to the stock pulley.

hollowch

Mr. The Squirrel
Established Member
i asked john about that and it was not suggested as a good idea, give hellion a call and run your idea through the people that make the kit:beer:

hell i had a 2.8 pulley and they still said i needed to go back to the stock pulley.

Just got off the phone with Evo, they confirmed it would be a waste of time and money. They said just up the boost on the stocker

mike1284

mcdougal
Established Member
to be honest, im surprised this hasnt been done. when i first heard about the hellraiser kit i was amazed it was made for the M112. i would love to see/hear this done on a KB. i cant think of anything more bonerful then a screamin KB followed by a BOV. this would make insane power im sure that would blow a stock motor to pieces. i swear that if i ever hit the mega millions, i will do this.

Zeke0123

Established Member
My guess for the ultimate compound boost combo would be a ported eaton since it seems they (steigmier etc)) are close to 600 hp and it removes some of the extra material that causes higher IATs and probably restricts the turbos you might gain quite a bit of HP but not lose much as far as the torque curve goes...at least imo.

Dan Schoneck

Established Member
Just got off the phone with Evo, they confirmed it would be a waste of time and money. They said just up the boost on the stocker

That would be a bad idea also to up the boost on the factory blower as the inlet temps will be crazy with the trubo heat coming into them also. I would not put a smaller pulley on the blower PERIOD. Call Hellion NOT Evo for compound info as Hellion does this every day and has Evo even run a car yet with a compound setup?

Dan

Evolution

Established Member
That would be a bad idea also to up the boost on the factory blower as the inlet temps will be crazy with the trubo heat coming into them also. I would not put a smaller pulley on the blower PERIOD. Call Hellion NOT Evo for compound info as Hellion does this every day and has Evo even run a car yet with a compound setup?

Dan

Yes, we have ran the compound Boost setup for over a 3 week period on a completely stock Shelby GT500 and have developed a Killer Tune for all Boost levels with perfect driveability, Something NO one else currently offers, including Hellion!

We don't just throw stuff together and rush things to the market just to make a quick buck. We thoroughly R&D everything we build and sell...... and we back it up with Track #'s!

Fred
Evolution Performance, Inc.

Last edited:

Gojira

Established Member
I dont know for a fact. But from second hand info I heard of an 03 cobra with the Hellion compound system. When they swapped the Eaton for a Whipple it made less power. The theory is that the rotors of the twin screw blowers seal better against the walls and to eachother vs a roots blower and therefore the Whipple caused a greater restriction than the Eaton. They put the Eaton back on and tthe power went up. Again this is secondhand info that I received a few months ago.

What would be interesting is the TVS, being how it too is a roots and has greater displacment than its smaller brother.

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
i have a good tune right now:shrug: maybe not the mass companies but there are tuners out there that create good tunes for all applications. and extensive r&d takes longer than three weeks.

and hellion markets this as a tuner kit so they do not have a tune:read:

do not get me wrong, i know you are defending against another statement but that was a pretty bold one by you. i am not trying to jump on you so please do not take it as such, you guys have a good reputation for taking care of you customers.

Evolution

Established Member
i have a good tune right now:shrug: maybe not the mass companies but there are tuners out there that create good tunes for all applications. and extensive r&d takes longer than three weeks.

and hellion markets this as a tuner kit so they do not have a tune:read:

do not get me wrong, i know you are defending against another statement but that was a pretty bold one by you. i am not trying to jump on you so please do not take it as such, you guys have a good reputation for taking care of you customers.

Between Dyno Pulls and Road Loging it doesn't take that long when the Calibrator is Jon Lund.....!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread