2.8 kenne bell mammoth

manOwar

Established Member
Running a 3" pulley. The boost is between 16-18lbs.
Dont listen to anything rdsnk46, manowar, and sgt d have to say. Before you know it, they will try to entice you with candy, which eventually leads to "Manlove Thursdays"

Hey Skirt Boy,

Just because the candy worked on you, doesn't mean it works on everyone!!! :poke:

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Hey Skirt Boy,

Just because the candy worked on you, doesn't mean it works on everyone!!! :poke:

What can I say, I have a sweet tooth.

I see no reason not to buy the KB from EVO.
That isolated incident was 2 years ago. Not defending EVO, but I think telling the would be buyer to purchase elsewhere is a bit harsh.

hollowch

Mr. The Squirrel
Established Member
why doesn't Lethal sell the KB? Does it have anything to do with that BAP issue a few months back?

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
why doesn't Lethal sell the KB? Does it have anything to do with that BAP issue a few months back?

I assume you missed the thread a while back between KB and Lethal. I think there will be no business between the 2 of them anytime soon. hahahhahaha :banana:

hollowch

Mr. The Squirrel
Established Member
I assume you missed the thread a while back between KB and Lethal. I think there will be no business between the 2 of them anytime soon. hahahhahaha :banana:

Yeah that was the thread I was referring to. Lots of :pop: smilies in that one, lmao!!!!!

a_gorman

Established Member
Just wondering if any one know about the emissions testing on the 2.8l KB. I have heard that over a certain boost, fairly low, that it is no longer 50 State Legal. Anyone know anything about this?

davidhuff

Established Member
I have no doubt mine was one-in-a-thousand, but I did not have to cut the hood brace on my 2007 to clear the KB. Heck, I even kept the blanket on it, although it did rub in a couple of areas with it on there.

I ran the stock lower and 3" upper on 93 octane. Made about 17-18lbs of boost.

hood2.jpg
Did you lower the motor with the prothane engine mounts?

skyhighsd

Established Member

Just order right from KB, call Jon for a tune and get some injectors or take your stock ones and have them reworked and you are ahead of the game.

skyhighsd

Established Member
Does this system whine at low rpm if so how can I fix that. I dont want it to whine unless I am on the gas not idle

At idle it does whine above that I can not hear it over my exhaust but I have been told you can hear it coming down a quiet side street. To be honest I have ran a few different pulley combo's now and I have not noticed a big difference between them and the whine. But I love the whine at idle:-D

fastlif

Established Member
Does this system whine at low rpm if so how can I fix that. I dont want it to whine unless I am on the gas not idle

I have stock headers, cats etc, only Corsa axlebacks which are pretty quiet. Mine does have a WHISTLE at idle that I like alot and it doesn't really whine unless you are in the throttle.

Users who are viewing this thread