2.8 kenne bell mammoth

trainhard

Established Member
Hey guys and gals I'm getting ready to purchase the 2.8 mammoth just wanting to know if anyone has had any problems with this setup. Also will the stock clutch handle this much horsepower. Also is it safe to put a smaller pulley with this blower

rdsnk46

Established Member
Smaller pulley/more octane, stock clutch will hold up perfectly! Been beating on mine for a while with no issue!

manOwar

Established Member
Smaller pulley/more octane, stock clutch will hold up perfectly! Been beating on mine for a while with no issue!

I second that. I've had mine on since Feb '07 with no issues. It's drives just like stock until 1/3rd throttle and then hold on.... My wife drives it all the time too.:dw:

Now that you've got two responses for the "guys" part of the questions, GOTSVT? will chime in from the "Gals" side soon!:lol:

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
I second that. I've had mine on since Feb '07 with no issues. It's drives just like stock until 1/3rd throttle and then hold on.... My wife drives it all the time too.:dw:

Now that you've got two responses for the "guys" part of the questions, GOTSVT? will chime in from the "Gals" side soon!:lol:

Ehhhh hmmmmm, let me adjust my skirt, hahaha :poke:
I love mine. I have cold start issues with mine, not a big deal.
The kit is well constructed and REALLY wakes the car up.
I am on the stock clutch, once she goes I will upgrade. Give Kent @ EVO a call, he will take care of you. :beer:

I will be chasing rdsnk46 and manowar down at Mustang Week 2010!

Last edited:

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
The kit is hands down the easier bolt-on install I've ever done. The quality on the blower/kit is unmatched IMO.

I've put about 2000k miles on mine so far(total 4000 miles on car) with zero driveability issues/clutch...etc). You'll love it.

trainhard

Established Member
thanks everyone I am getting more excited everyday. Keep the info coming what kind of exhaust setup are you guys running. I don't want it real loud just when I am full throttle I want people to say what the hell was that

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Magnaflow muffler deletes only.
Will be stepping up to 1 7/8 over the winter.

GarageLogic

Established Member
I drove my 2007 GT500 with the 2.8 and 3" upper pulley on it for 28,000 miles, occassionally drag racing it at the track, with no issues. Clutch went out about 12K. Car drives like stock until you get inot the throttle.

rdsnk46

Established Member
The tune can be as agressive or as mild as you desire. [email protected] is the only way to fly. Jon Lund is by far the superior choice when it comes to GT500 tuning. He will make the tune for your driving style!

davidhuff

Established Member
Have any of you guys used the Prothane motor mounts from Evolution Performance to lower the motor to install the K/B supercharger and not cut the stock hood?Any one?

GarageLogic

Established Member
Have any of you guys used the Prothane motor mounts from Evolution Performance to lower the motor to install the K/B supercharger and not cut the stock hood?Any one?
I have no doubt mine was one-in-a-thousand, but I did not have to cut the hood brace on my 2007 to clear the KB. Heck, I even kept the blanket on it, although it did rub in a couple of areas with it on there.

I ran the stock lower and 3" upper on 93 octane. Made about 17-18lbs of boost.

hood2.jpg

Last edited:

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Running a 3" pulley. The boost is between 16-18lbs.
Dont listen to anything rdsnk46, manowar, and sgt d have to say. Before you know it, they will try to entice you with candy, which eventually leads to "Manlove Thursdays"

blueovalkid

The Snake Pit
Established Member
I'm interested to know which pulley & boost everyone is running with the 2.8

3.25 upper 10% OD lower, about 20 pounds of boost on the dyno, on 93 pump w/1 can Torco per tank. On a Mustang dyno it made 715hp 665tq. Factory exhaust with Magnaflow deletes. Jon Lund tune and Prothane motor mounts.

Users who are viewing this thread