2.8 Kenne Bell - Opinion

Harry08

Established Member
I have the 2.8 LC on my 08. No issues or problems, install is easy if you take your time. I have NEVER had any problems getting in touch with KB by either email or phone. Very satisfied.

DGladhill

Established Member
I have a 2.8 on my car is love it. Makes great power and has a solid driveable tune. Never had a throttle or any other issue. Would buy KB again over and over

This.

And I tend to get a lot of compliments on my 'toaster', I think it looks better than a big hunk of plastic. :shrug:

View attachment aVT3122.jpg

Just make sure you read the fine print when you look at TVS kits.

"Test vehicles below utilized VMP Gen2 TVS, 2.4" upper puley, 10% overdrive lower crank balaner, longtube headerss, upgraded fuel system, pump gas E85, and upgraded throttle bodies to show what is possible on a stock engine."

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
That polished kb with the new gimme 5 intake is beautiful, the older black intake is hideous to me. Imo go 3.2 kb or get a tvs, forget the 2.8

DGladhill

Established Member
That polished kb with the new gimme 5 intake is beautiful, the older black intake is hideous to me. Imo go 3.2 kb or get a tvs, forget the 2.8

I would definitely go with the 3.2 if you're buying new, there's no real reason not to. I picked up the 2.8LC before the 3.2 launched and got it @ 25% off through Van, no regrets! Install was stupid easy and the difference in power is amazing.

ante

Established Member
I have a chance to buy a Kenne Bell 2.8 Mammoth Liquid Cooled for a reasonable price. It was purchased for another car so I would also need to purchase a tune. I don't know a lot about the Kenne Bell, I had wanted to convert my 2011 to a TVS at some point. So I'm looking for some opinions/advice on the 2.8, and you're the experts!

I've been running a KB 2.8 for years and have had no problems..

I know a lot of TVS owners love their set up BUT " the same power on 93 than a KB "???

That's not quite accurate . You can easily make 700-740 rwhp with a KB and LT on 93. With room to grow. I made 740 , 17lbs with LT.

The KB will always make more power at same boost level. It's bigger and more efficient at high boost levels.

Just make sure Lund is the tuner.

FEARSNO1

KB Shelby, enough said
Established Member
yes in the lower HP numbers, the TVS will make more TQ, that is because it is a smaller blower and the faster you spin them the TQ goes up, TVS's are great blowers for the guys that want a budget build and never have intention of pushing some big numbers. so above 750 hp and increasing boost the KB will outshine a TVS always, not to mention IAT2 temps, cause as you spin the TVS closer and closer to the max rpm of it, that thing will make some serious heat! Now that may be fine for the 1/4 drag racer making one pass at a time, but if your out playing around on the street or running a true street event, your screwed! but pulley a KB 2.8 above 18 psi and trust me the TQ is there and plenty. Besides if you ever decide that you want to push 750+ you can do that with the KB, not so much with the TVS. I made 1011/894 tq on 24 psi with my 2.8 KB and with a 100 shot made 1137/1054. so the 2.8 is more than capable to do almost whatever you want. The TVS is like a cat back exhaust and the KB is a full system Headers to bumper. JMO

Brandon

kw_rc

Established Member
I love the look of my toaster. Now if i could just get it to actually make some toast it would even be better. My car is an FN rocket! If money is an issue go TVS. Otherwise, KB is where its at. Killer power, looks awesome (even for a toaster), and sounds wicked.

uploadfromtaptalk1441073618091.jpeg

stop2go41

Established Member
I have had both and prefer the Kenne Bell. My current set up has more power but it hits different than the KB did (could be the tune). They are both really nice set ups, I don't think you will be disappointed in either of them. As far as the looks goes, who cares its a super charger not a super model...

Users who are viewing this thread