2.80 pulley

Narcosynthesis

Knees in the Breeze!
Established Member
I have a 2.8 with some other mods. Cooling wise I have a Gords HE. I pulled 446hp/460tq on my last dyno. You wont need any fuel mods.

smoke em

Established Member
14.3 lbs here see sig. Mine runs great you don't need to do injecters or pump yet. I'd go JDM 2.8 and tune from them, IMHO. With only a few mods I made some serious power.

gtmustang003

Established Member
Can I just do the 2.80 pulley or do I need to do the lower and idler pulley also?

smoke em

Established Member
JDM # is 732-780-0770. Yes its a good idea to get the idlers. I have only the 2.8 pulley two idlers and I don't get any slip. He can give you up to three tunes. I'll pm you with more.

gtmustang003

Established Member
Another option is I was thinking about buying the billetflow 2.93 blower pulley w/ 4 piece idler pulley set up. (1 - 90mm, 3 - 100mm, and the bracket. How much boost will this get me? And how much would a 2.76 produce? thanks

gtmustang003

Established Member
I'm also trying to keep the car reliable......I only drive it on the weekends but I also go out of town with it. Which is about a 2 hour drive. Will I have to worry about reliability issues?

AllVenom

Established Member
I would suggest staying away from the 2.80 pulley. Just use a 2.93. You only gain about 10 more hp with the 2.8, but you are spinning the eaton faster and creating more heat for it. Besides, when you decide to go and port your blower, you should use a 2.93, so you'll be ready.

Laxpaint5

Established Member
gtmustang003 said:
Can I just do the 2.80 pulley or do I need to do the lower and idler pulley also?

depends on how much power you want

I installed a 2.80 (see sig) upper no lower and I made 483 at the wheels on a mustang dyno. I am looking to get a idler cause I think i am getting a little belt slippage under full boost. I have around 14 pounds. Stock I was making around 9 or ten. No need for injectors ect. with 14 pounds. if you get all crazy like kb with 23 pounds then thats a different story.

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
Laxpaint5 said:
depends on how much power you want

I installed a 2.80 (see sig) upper no lower and I made 483 at the wheels on a mustang dyno. I am looking to get a idler cause I think i am getting a little belt slippage under full boost. I have around 14 pounds. Stock I was making around 9 or ten. No need for injectors ect. with 14 pounds. if you get all crazy like kb with 23 pounds then thats a different story.

DAM!! I think that is the most RWHP that I have seen with only a 2.8 upper!! I mean on a mustang dyno 483 :eek:

Moody03SVT

Hear2Learn@Teach
Established Member
should be fine

I have heard from many people that using a 2.76 is perfectly fine (or 2.8) as an upper pulley and no issues with reliability. Maybe if you go to porting your blower you might be in a bit of trouble but porting the blower not only provides more power but also acts as a cooling mod as well.

I have decided to go with a 2.76, non-ported blower, and a Gord's H/E with a K&N and Borla Stinger Catback, and a Diablo chip. I am not expecting any reliability problems but then again, it all comes down to the tune.... :)

Users who are viewing this thread