2.8LC Kenne Bell installed.

white88lx

Established Member
Alright, it's been a long 2 weeks but the build is somewhat complete. Initially the car had a pulley, intake and tune and the car was well um...borring. Called up Van and after probably about 5 phone calls of me bugging him he finally led me down a direction that was best for me. I picked up a 2.8KB, ARH headers with O/R H-pipe.

ARH install is a pain in the ass, that all there is to it. All that's necessary for these are jacking up the motor from underneath, remove motor mounts, disconnect steering column, remove starter and the stock manifolds will come out and you can slip in the headers. I left in as many studs as possible, but in the end I think there was 5 studs and 5 header bolts on each side. I AM NEVER DOING HEADERS ON A GT500 AGAIN.

Kenne Bell: Best installation instructions I have ever seen. You will never get lost using these instructions and they are very well written. Only issue is that instead of updating their instructions they send you additional installation instructions (from lessons learned) instead of just updating the original pdf.

I'm not much for words so i'm going to end it here. I'll post pictures once I figure out how to do it again on this site.

Car will be tuned once I am back from vacation.
Thanks Van

white88lx

Established Member
1504998_10152113976868856_1069104586_n.jpg

Last edited:

NIXDSG

Established Member
I'm getting ready to install my KB and interested in any thoughts, guidance, or advice you may have.
Any chance you can provide any updates on how you like your set up? Any retrospect on how the install went or what you might do different?

Thanks,
Nic

lubrizolsfin3st

Established Member
I haven't done headers on my GT500 yet but they sucked on my 01 L and changing plugs was another issue. These motors seem a lot better to work on from nice engine compartment space. But post some numbers up when u get them. Looks good. What were the holes from on the left side and how was that battery relocation too.

Brute

Established Member
That looks clean without battery and fuse box, where did u mount the fuse box?

I have the very same question.

In addition, where did you put the battery?

And the answers please?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread