2.9 hp gains?

Reis racing

Established Member
What would I expect for hp gains from just adding a 2.9 whipple with a 3.0 pulley? I have a steeda pulley that makes 12 lbs of boost with JLT cai not sure what size the tube is, tuned and ford racing axle backs. I also don't know what I make for power now.

Im debating on just reusing my cai and x3 tuner on the whipple or just sell them and buy a complete kit.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
FR Whipple kit will get a 07-09 725 hp at the crank. Check the DIY section of Fordgt500.com. I just did a big write up on my install.

raycutchins

Established Member
My setup make 700 rwhp for the street tune and about 760'ish on the race tune. I have 10% overdrive crank, long tubes and off road x with stock mufflers. Even with this my tune is very conservative and Jon Lund kept the tune at little fat even with running race fuel.

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member
My setup make 700 rwhp for the street tune and about 760'ish on the race tune. I have 10% overdrive crank, long tubes and off road x with stock mufflers. Even with this my tune is very conservative and Jon Lund kept the tune at little fat even with running race fuel.

How much boost? What fuel on street tune?

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
He is talking rwhp. The whipple can come with either. The frpp whipple kit comes with the 3"upper pulley.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Without BAP / injectors maybe. Doubtful but maybe. Stock throttle doubtful. If you do the tune would be extreme

Users who are viewing this thread