2.9 whipple cobra vs hellcat challenger

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
The cat put up a good fight for sure. Give it 6 months, pullied, tuned HCs with DRs will be the first evolution. Then will come the KB & Whipple HCs. Followed by the Hellion TT HCs. Sounds familiar?

Thank God I got my Boss Manifold..

hey11101

Established Member
I think traction will be a big problem, it already is now I can't imagine with even more power. I wonder if 1000HP will be capable with the upgrades on stock block, I guess time will tell.

BornCoqui

Established Member
The cat put up a good fight for sure. Give it 6 months, pullied, tuned HCs with DRs will be the first evolution. Then will come the KB & Whipple HCs. Followed by the Hellion TT HCs. Sounds familiar?

Thank God I got my Boss Manifold..

Thats if they crack into the ECU's. If its anything like the 392's its gonna be a long wait.

gabe1530

Banned
mmmm, i like the results. would be nice to know what else has been done to the cobra. hopefully, the owner is a member here.

matt87

Established Member
whats the weight difference here? sounds to me like a basic bolt on 2.3 tvs or whipple cobra will be a close race for the hellkitty.

canadianbullitt

Established Member
^^ BY street tires do you mean the Kitty is on stock tires and the Cobra and similar tires that all of us with 600+rwhp run meaning a drag radial?
That Kitty did much better than I would have guessed.

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
^^ BY street tires do you mean the Kitty is on stock tires and the Cobra and similar tires that all of us with 600+rwhp run meaning a drag radial?
That Kitty did much better than I would have guessed.

Fatcat on stock tires and cobra on street tires (non drag radials)

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
The comments on the YouTube page were what I expected. Excuses as to why the Hellcat lost. On street tires, I think it is fair. How many people go around measuring tires of the car they raced to make excuses? I think the Cobra would have started to pull on the Hellcat over 100+ and put some lengths on it due to size and weight.

Good to see the pony car wars in full swing! I just wonder if the same excuses were made in the 60s and 70s?

jleews6

Established Member
The Hellcat has already trapped 129 with just radials so they are no joke like some people thought they would be. The good news is that they are only making 10 pounds of boost so upping the boost and some other bolt ons and they will be a tough car to beat on the street (for what it is).
I said it from the beginning that we will see them (and the C7Z ) running mid 10s with just tires.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
The comments on the YouTube page were what I expected. Excuses as to why the Hellcat lost. On street tires, I think it is fair. How many people go around measuring tires of the car they raced to make excuses? I think the Cobra would have started to pull on the Hellcat over 100+ and put some lengths on it due to size and weight.

Good to see the pony car wars in full swing! I just wonder if the same excuses were made in the 60s and 70s?

Not sure why there are any excuses for the Hellcat. It did great against a modified car that's proven to be fast over the years.

03 deadpool

Established Member
Thats if they crack into the ECU's. If its anything like the 392's its gonna be a long wait.

I heard that from a dodge service tech. Not really enginered with room to grow. Kind of allready driving around with the pin half way out of the grenade.

jblood37

Established Member
Hellcat did pretty well even if it did have nearly 80 more hp. May not be that much of a difference if HC hp is measured at flywheel and the Cobra hp is on a dyno. I think it is a little bit of a stretch to think that the HC will be easily modified if tuning is as cryptic as I've heard it is on other Dodge models.

Users who are viewing this thread