2.9 whipple cobra vs hellcat challenger

fearthesnake

Established Member
Good race but I was a little surprised the Cobra pulled away as easily as it did once it got rolling thru the gears. This coming from a guy with the same setup in my Cobra. If the HC would have been banging gears the Cobra would have walked away more, no?

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Hellcat did pretty well even if it did have nearly 80 more hp. May not be that much of a difference if HC hp is measured at flywheel and the Cobra hp is on a dyno. I think it is a little bit of a stretch to think that the HC will be easily modified if tuning is as cryptic as I've heard it is on other Dodge models.

HUH? Cobra made 630+ at the wheels? Around the same as a stock hellcat but the dodge weighs a 1000lbs more...

stangfreak

Established Member
Good race but I was a little surprised the Cobra pulled away as easily as it did once it got rolling thru the gears. This coming from a guy with the same setup in my Cobra. If the HC would have been banging gears the Cobra would have walked away more, no?

If that cobra did have a 2.9 whipple and only made 630rwhp, (dynojet) than its running really low boost. They usually make 660+ on pump gas with ease if ran at the right boost level. I make 710rwhp on 22lbs of boost with my 2.9. so if this cobra was to run the correct boost for that big of a blower, it would have pulled even harder. IMO a twinscrew needs 19lbs at least. Iv owned lots of twinscrews even the very first 2.4 kb that came out. At low boost they may put up a "cool" peak hp on the dyno but that means nothing. I remember guys running 15lbs of boost on there kb's and whipples, making a decent hp, then a ported eaton cobra running 17lbs making less hp would stay right there with them. Need 19lbs on a twinscrew. Thats my rule of thumb.

gazim

Established Member
very-funny-pics_of-animals.jpg

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
I think if it hasn't been said, we need to look at the fact that, while slightly modified, at over 10yrs of age, the terminator is still crushing some serious Competition. It's truly a mark of an Icon to see the Terminator still draggin dat ass!!

#TeamCoBro4Life

BLK_03

Established Member
Guys.... it's going to take GM and Dodge a few years to get to where Ford's technology was 10+ years ago.

man3_1_1.gif

gazim

Established Member
I think if it hasn't been said, we need to look at the fact that, while slightly modified, at over 10yrs of age, the terminator is still crushing some serious Competition. It's truly a mark of an Icon to see the Terminator still draggin dat ass!!

#TeamCoBro4Life

+ 1 on that brother

400060-t-800-endoskeleton-003.jpg FTW :pop:

fearthesnake

Established Member
If that cobra did have a 2.9 whipple and only made 630rwhp, (dynojet) than its running really low boost. They usually make 660+ on pump gas with ease if ran at the right boost level. I make 710rwhp on 22lbs of boost with my 2.9. so if this cobra was to run the correct boost for that big of a blower, it would have pulled even harder. IMO a twinscrew needs 19lbs at least. Iv owned lots of twinscrews even the very first 2.4 kb that came out. At low boost they may put up a "cool" peak hp on the dyno but that means nothing. I remember guys running 15lbs of boost on there kb's and whipples, making a decent hp, then a ported eaton cobra running 17lbs making less hp would stay right there with them. Need 19lbs on a twinscrew. Thats my rule of thumb.

dang, impressive sir. Another 70hp with your setup would walk and get ugly real quick for the HC owner. That's if you don't smoke ur tires first!

Woody6799

Established Member

#TeamCoBro4Life

This... Win or lose that Terminator is not "built" IMO if he is running only a 2.9 with supporting mods... I consider him to be pretty common around this forum. That being said, it really speaks to a 10/11/12 year old car throwing down against the "biggest and baddest" thing around these days. Definitely the mark of an icon and further solidifies the Terminators place as an amazing piece of automotive badassery.

cj428mach

Established Member
This... Win or lose that Terminator is not "built" IMO if he is running only a 2.9 with supporting mods... I consider him to be pretty common around this forum. That being said, it really speaks to a 10/11/12 year old car throwing down against the "biggest and baddest" thing around these days. Definitely the mark of an icon and further solidifies the Terminators place as an amazing piece of automotive badassery.

That is why I love my Cobra and plan to be a terminator owner for life. I could afford a 2013 gt500 if i really wanted to but these cars changed everything and I like that my 10 yr old car is still relevant in the present day muscle car world.

Last edited:

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member

#TeamCoBro4Life

Come on Tezz, slightly modified?

Users who are viewing this thread