2.9 Whipple First Drive

XtremeS10

Established Member
I can't wait to get it to the track too, man. SOTP feels promising because 4th gear just rolls, and rolls. You're 4.0 Whipple will pull in 5th like mine does in 4th!

It went 11.4 with a pulley and tune at 124 mph, so as long as I trap over 130 I'll be pumped. Been in the mid 11's and 120's for a few years now and I'm ready to step it up.

I think I might have enough gear with my 28" ET streets too, at least it feels like I might.

Probably going to do a cage before I go to the track though, as my home track is really cracking down on this stuff. I got thrown out for going 11.42 last year!

I hear you on the K member. I'm just not that hard core anymore. With these cars its easier just doing a pulley change and then who cares about 50 lbs!

When you think you're car is going to be Whippled up?

By the end of the month, as soon as my guy is done doing the rear end if the cage isnt here then its getting the treatment, then the cage, or vise versa, the cage is gonna take a good amount of time, they are gonna mask off whats left of the interior after its out with the cage in it and paint the cage body color

svt1111

Established Member
By the end of the month, as soon as my guy is done doing the rear end if the cage isnt here then its getting the treatment, then the cage, or vise versa, the cage is gonna take a good amount of time, they are gonna mask off whats left of the interior after its out with the cage in it and paint the cage body color

Oh, man, that cage is going to look sweet. I wonder how red bars would look? My interior is the Red/Black style. I was originally going to go with black bars to be subtle, but that sounds pretty cool.

XtremeS10

Established Member
Oh, man, that cage is going to look sweet. I wonder how red bars would look? My interior is the Red/Black style. I was originally going to go with black bars to be subtle, but that sounds pretty cool.

They told me it would cost the same to have them do black (since its a body shop as well as a performance shop, which focuses almost only on stangs)

so I figured the body color with the flake would look bad ass with my car, I think with you having the red accents even doing the flat red to match the interior would be a neat setup I was even thinking about having the stripes added to the cage!! :rockon:

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Good info...I plan on going that way next year...unless something better comes along. Sounds like Whipple 2.9 is the perfect upgrade for these cars!

Adding the cooling mods now and going tune/cai/pulley.

Just curious what mods are must have's to go to the 2.9 Whipple?

Injectors? Size?

I will have the standard JLT CAI...added soon..so, would I I need to larger one he is adding?

Anything else?

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Cant wait to see the car at NED! Sounds like a beast for sure!
Who is doing your cage?

svt1111

Established Member
Good info...I plan on going that way next year...unless something better comes along. Sounds like Whipple 2.9 is the perfect upgrade for these cars!

Injectors? Size?

I will have the standard JLT CAI...added soon..so, would I I need to larger one he is adding?

Anything else?

You will need Bosch 72# injectors from Lethal, and a large MAF, like the 123mm Whipple CAI. From what I was told, the JLT will work with the Whipple, but you need a Diablo Sport maFia to extend its range. That's one reason I went with the Whipple CAI, the other is that its intake tube is slightly larger than the JLT as well, and it is a straight shot to the TB with no bends, kinks.

If you haven't purchased your mods yet, drop me a PM. I have a complete stage II kit for sale ( not advertised yet) with the JLT intake. The stuff was on the car for about 3,000 miles. I'm selling the tune with it as well as the SCT3 that its in of course.

svt1111

Established Member
Cant wait to see the car at NED! Sounds like a beast for sure!
Who is doing your cage?

I can't wait to get the car to the track as well. More interested in trap speeds than dyno numbers. I can't wait to see your car up there this year too. Your's sounds pretty nasty too.

I was considering DMC Racing in Halifax for the cage at this point. They are local to me, and do very nice work. I'd like to have the cage done before my first trip to NED, as they are really cracking down on cars they even 'think' may be faster than 11.49 now, from what I was told recently. The 'good ole days' of being able to slip under the radar are quickly fading away. That and having a bright red Shelby with white racing stripes doesn't help either I suppose.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
I talked to Jon at Tube Chassis Designz in Hanson and his pricing was good. I dont think you will be able to get into DMC, he is booked solid.
My guy fell through at thelast minute so I think I will go to tube chassis designz. We should bring our cars together!
Was torn on going with a cert. cage to 8.50 or just a roll bar cert. to 10 flat........ what are you doing?

svt1111

Established Member
I talked to Jon at Tube Chassis Designz in Hanson and his pricing was good. I dont think you will be able to get into DMC, he is booked solid.
My guy fell through at thelast minute so I think I will go to tube chassis designz. We should bring our cars together!
Was torn on going with a cert. cage to 8.50 or just a roll bar cert. to 10 flat........ what are you doing?

I sent you a PM.

I'm leaning toward just a cert. to 10.0 or whatever. I don't plan on ever going faster than that. And if I do, I'll just deal with it later. This car is fast enough to loose my license as it is now.

I just don't want bars everywhere in the interior of the car. How fast you planning on going??!!

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
I am planning for 9's ultimately, whether it be this year or next. But like you, I dont want to lose drivability by not wanting to deal with the cage hindering my desire to want to daily drive it.

FastOldGuy52

Established Member

Injectors? Size?

Anything else?
Read my sig

Users who are viewing this thread